[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest Ethern1ty
I do not know. Some of you may not know, but my father passed away early yesterday morning. Right now, I'm really not thinking of cooking.

Sorry for your father :P :( :(

Guest vikings123

eVil and guys,

I have been playing with new ROM for over 12 hours.

Google Earth is working perfectly smooth, with WiFi connection of course

And I can use Multitouch to zoom IN/OUT within Google Earth. I love this. :P

CPUBenchmark always shows cpu running at 512Mz. (Interesting to see how smoothly the Google Earth is running at this speed.)

No lagging when playing video.

Camera Zooming is there but I think not so smooth as the one running on 1.6.

So far only two things (not sure bug or something else) that caused my attention. One is about returning from stand-by to normal. The other is self reboot when I pressed "HOME" within Google Earth.

Both happened only once.

The phone could not return to normal mode after it turned into stand-by mode. I could see new email light flashing, but could not turned it back to normal mode.

I had to take off battery and replace with a backup one (I thought the first one was drained out).

Funny thing is : with USB cable connected, I put the old battery back and it booted perfectly with 73% of power remained.

Anyway, this is fast, smooth and stable. The two issues I mentioned above are just minor.

Thanks again, eVil. :(

Guest danial.aw

hey im stuck with a problem I installed the 0.008.06 bin and it installed fine... but now I cannot seem to remount on adb... it keeps saying failed: permission denied...

I installed Malez recovery but to get to that I need root access... how do i root this bin? cant seem to find the image anywhere....

update: nvm figured it out

Edited by danial.aw

I do not know. Some of you may not know, but my father passed away early yesterday morning. Right now, I'm really not thinking of cooking.

bad news...: (

rest in peace -- your father.

Guest teunke99
hey im stuck with a problem I installed the 0.008.06 bin and it installed fine... but now I cannot seem to remount on adb... it keeps saying failed: permission denied...

I installed Malez recovery but to get to that I need root access... how do i root this bin? cant seem to find the image anywhere....

update: nvm figured it out

Hi Daniel,

you don't need to root your phone to flash Malez recovery, you can flash in with fastboot when in bootloader mode. When flashed, apply eVil's rom (update.zip) and that will root your phone..

check the tutorials..

Danny

update: nvm you've figured it out (LOL, sorry!)

Edited by teunke99

Guest umair9001

Just flashed the new update and it works great.. :P

Smooth ROM..(have animations turned off n auto task killer in use :()..

Guest umair9001

Phone not getting back from standby mode..

Happened thrice after installing the update.zip for 008.06..

had flashed the bin, performed all the wipes from males recovery and then update.zip..

worked fine for sometime but got the problem thrice..any1 xperiencing the same??

Guest Kahmal

I tried to flash the new bin via the Acer Tool but now it got stuck in fastboot mode and the message in acer tool "change mode"...What to do now?

Guest Quipeace

Make sure the small textbox on the right says " md5 pass", then just plug out your phone, reboot and try again. If the box says somethong like md5 fail instead redownload the bin

Guest Kahmal

MD5 is passed, my phone is booting now and i'm quite happy nothing was destroyed...I have the community rom at the moment. Anything to do with that? Anything to be careful while flashing to evils rom?

Guest danial.aw

This might sound real stupid to some but I cant figure it out...

In the rom does it have auto killing of programs or sometihng... I have Taskiller installed but whenever I open it... it doesnt show any of the running applications ... and over the use it starts lagging hardcore for me...

What program should I use :S...

Any info is grateful plz n thx u :P

Guest Nova2.1

stock liquied E v0.8 seems to run faster and smoother than this mod..

ran into various issues that sock didnt have..

(this is with davilk/cashe wipes)

*contacts is extreemely un responsive / crashes

*bluetooth headgear completel unresposive

*applications being killed prematurely (my gps prog is killed when i transmit co-ordinates to messaging, it looks like auto killer thinks its idleing and kills it)

i dont have any of these problems on liquid E without Evil

Guest tomdotcom
stock liquied E v0.8 seems to run faster and smoother than this mod..

ran into various issues that sock didnt have..

(this is with davilk/cashe wipes)

*contacts is extreemely un responsive / crashes

*bluetooth headgear completel unresposive

*applications being killed prematurely (my gps prog is killed when i transmit co-ordinates to messaging, it looks like auto killer thinks its idleing and kills it)

i dont have any of these problems on liquid E without Evil

I too, have returned to the stock 0.8 which is much faster and smoother than all of EVIL, LCR and Liquified ROM's. Feature also more complete (no broken Push Gmail etc.) I think it's the Autokiller built into the modded roms.

However all the 0.8 roms have issues with the Messaging app (lag), especially with alot of messages.

Guest krumbalu

evil after trying it out for a while i can say that i like your rom the most of them all ;) thx for your great work, cant wait for a rom of your's once acer releases the final 2.1 version for our liquid

Guest eViL D:
I too, have returned to the stock 0.8 which is much faster and smoother than all of EVIL, LCR and Liquified ROM's. Feature also more complete (no broken Push Gmail etc.) I think it's the Autokiller built into the modded roms.

However all the 0.8 roms have issues with the Messaging app (lag), especially with alot of messages.

I only had a gmail push problem when I zipaligned.

It's really odd you're having problems with all custom roms. Does this occur if you flash a rom and not add software? Can you give a list that you add?

Guest malez
I only had a gmail push problem when I zipaligned.

It's really odd you're having problems with all custom roms. Does this occur if you flash a rom and not add software? Can you give a list that you add?

Agree with you Evil. Nova, could you provide the result of this command for listing your app

adb shell ls -l /data/app/

Guest AndrewTW

sorry for your father , RIP

seems my device can't aware of SIM card, because i have sim lock but the password dialog not even pop up.

Steps

- acer dl tool --> Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1_ae645a3fbe26687bccf3cfef3229e4cb

- apply LCR 1.2.4 (it works fine for couple days)

- update Malez 0.4.3, reboot to recovery

- wipe cache, dalvik, reset factory

- update eViL rom

- reboot, can't acces SIM

100% duplicate

You shouldn't have installed LCR 1.2.4 on the 0.008.06 bin in the first place...

I suggest to reflash the bin with Acer tool and then apply this ROM.

Guest malez
You shouldn't have installed LCR 1.2.4 on the 0.008.06 bin in the first place...

I suggest to reflash the bin with Acer tool and then apply this ROM.

Just a little detail. If you have used LCR 1.2.4, so you are not on the new bin file. 1.2 was on old baseband. 1.3 is on the new.

If 1.2.4 worked with network, you don't have the good bin for the rom you are trying to install.

Guest malez
Just a little detail. If you have used LCR 1.2.4, so you are not on the new bin file. 1.2 was on old baseband. 1.3 is on the new.

If 1.2.4 worked with network, you don't have the good bin for the rom you are trying to install.

That's not a pb to flash a rom and another as system and boot are flushed on each update.zip (if the are well written)

Guest AndrewTW

thanks ~

confirm the baseband is old : Baseband A1-03.05.02

I'm now flashing Acer_LiquidE_0.008.06_EMEA_GEN1_ae645a3fbe26687bccf3cfef3229e4cb.bin

try evil's latest update later

Guest eViL D:
That's not a pb to flash a rom and another as system and boot are flushed on each update.zip (if the are well written)

That's right. My updates will format cache, system & delete data.