[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest krumbalu

hi evil i don't know if this is a known issue to you or not, but i state it, just to be sure ;) , from time to time when i'm using some apps or just looking around the homescreens the screen turns black, and theres no way to get back to android i push the softkeys and they still vibrate but i can't even shut down the phone by pressing the power button, i am forced to pull out and back the battery only then i can operate to power button to normally start the phone, this must be an issue of the latest acer bin cause it happened in other roms too.

Guest rafyvitto
hi evil i don't know if this is a known issue to you or not, but i state it, just to be sure ;) , from time to time when i'm using some apps or just looking around the homescreens the screen turns black, and theres no way to get back to android i push the softkeys and they still vibrate but i can't even shut down the phone by pressing the power button, i am forced to pull out and back the battery only then i can operate to power button to normally start the phone, this must be an issue of the latest acer bin cause it happened in other roms too.

This is an issue the new 00.008.06 bin has, it happens to me also sad really =[

Guest eViL D:
This is an issue the new 00.008.06 bin has, it happens to me also sad really =[

Yes, I believe 0.008.06 was pretty quickly replaced by a newer bin. Which, I do not have.

Guest eViL D:

Sad news guys. I have decided to move on from the Liquid. It has been fun and it's been great to see many new cooks making roms. I recently sold my Liquid and purchased an HTC Desire, but really I wanted an SE x10. The Desire just seem to good hardware wise.

I do however have the system dump from the newest acer bin. System only. It does work with the old radio too. The new bin however DOES have a new baseband, which is 3.11.xx. Anyway, I am going to release the system as a basic custom rom, no theme... just plain. Take what you want, do what you want, but I wanted to give you guys something before I moved on. I will upload it soon and update the OP.

Guest eViL D:

I actually do not know if it works, as my liquid is now gone. Please let me know. If it does not work, I will most likely provide another dev with the system.

Guest Ultimate Chicken

Hey, let me be the first to say "thanks for your hard work". Yours is the first custom ROM I've ever played with. 1.9 was laggy but 2.0x improved it by leaps and bounds.

I still wonder why I have only 45MB-50MB free at a time even at the most minimal installations, but otherwise I'm quite satisfied with your work. Thanks a lot and hope you'll be able to contribute to the X10 community ('cuz if all goes well, a relative of mine might join it ;))

Guest audiobastard

Doesn't work ATM for me. Can't syn at startup with google servers. Keeps saying no network connection even though browser works fine. Maybe google servers are down, but i doubt it.

haha, yeah... it was pretty fast. wtf with the sync crap. man... that sucks. hopefully it will get fixed and hopefully... navi works lol.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest audiobastard

so, just to be clear. This is the same rom as before, but a new baseband? Just getting new radio and perhaps battery life? I wasn't really clear what all was new about it. I understand it came from another system that was running a 3.11 baseband (mine showed 3.10 but w.e.), but is there any difference with other things? Maybe its just quick because its lighter. Shoot, I dunno. Maybe some info on it could be provided. I know you didn't try out this rom b/c you don't have the liquid anymore, but could someone with some technical savvy maybe point out some new things in this rom. Thanks.

BTW, thanks for all your help and making having a liquid so much fun. Perhaps I'll catch ya when I get a desire... if.. when... yeah... when.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest rafyvitto
so, just to be clear. This is the same rom as before, but a new baseband? Just getting new radio and perhaps battery life? I wasn't really clear what all was new about it. I understand it came from another system that was running a 3.11 baseband (mine showed 3.10 but w.e.), but is there any difference with other things? Maybe its just quick because its lighter. Shoot, I dunno. Maybe some info on it could be provided. I know you didn't try out this rom b/c you don't have the liquid anymore, but could someone with some technical savvy maybe point out some new things in this rom. Thanks.

BTW, thanks for all your help and making having a liquid so much fun. Perhaps I'll catch ya when I get a desire... if.. when... yeah... when.

This is only a system.img update meaning there's no radio/kernel here been updated(hence this is why the uptade.zip still works with the same baseband as 0.008.06), he only was given the system.img e.g SYS files if we were talking about windows mobile, the system.img its the latest available from acer liquidE as he alrdy stated.

I hope this clears any confusion you might be having =]

Guest iebre

Hi guys,

sorry but I have just flashed it and the baseband is always 03.10.03...shouldn't have been 03.11.xx???????

thanks for your replies

ok sorry I just read the explanation of rafyvitto...thanks!

Edited by iebre

Guest audiobastard
This is only a system.img update meaning there's no radio/kernel here been updated(hence this is why the uptade.zip still works with the same baseband as 0.008.06), he only was given the system.img e.g SYS files if we were talking about windows mobile, the system.img its the latest available from acer liquidE as he alrdy stated.

I hope this clears any confusion you might be having =]

Yeah, I think i gotcha. Perhaps that's why we can't log in, b/c the baseband isn't what the original user had. I read some people had issues logging in with baseband changes in other phones like the g1 and hero. I should've tested the damn GPS navi before i went back to LCR 1.3. Maybe I'll check it tomorrow see if my backwards navigation got resolved by the update. If you manage to get synced with google raffy, please pm me or post on here ok?

either way, my web browsing seemed faster with this rom than the LCR, but i didn't really test it out so it might just have been the fresh install. Thanks for clearing it up raffy.

Guest simoneser

Bad news...thank you EviL for everything you did here. Good Luck with Desire development.

I haven't tried this rom because you told that Google Sync isn't working...

I hope you can release a new bin a day, also if you don't have Liquid anymore... ;)

Bye and thank you for all ;)

Edited by simoneser

Guest endamaco

Someone can tell me how does it work Mms.apk and contacts.apk? same problem of the .008 bin?

Edited by endamaco

Guest Drizzy

not sure if this might be your error, but check if your build.prop has:

# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES

#

ro.config.sync=yes

if so, then excuse this post.

I had this issue when i ported 2.1 sense to g1 and this was the error.

Edited by Drizzy

Guest malez

I have seen you will move to Desire cooking

Personnaly, I will keep my liquid for a long long time, i thing. Don't plan to change it (too expensive, I pref to make my children happy). You new hardware is a good one.

Do you mind if you could have a look at your rom to maybe pick some files from it ?

I will continue my work on LCR.

Good luck on Desire Evil.