[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest eViL D:
I don't think the message led is a bug on .008 b/c none of the other roms based on it have an issue. I think its b/c of the system files but again... i don't know anything i just like to read myself write. <--- (in will ferrell voice) I JUST SAID THAT!!!!

That's a possibility.....

and well.... I seem to like to yourself read yourself write.

Guest eViL D:
i really wish someone could tell me why my google voice shortcut always disappears after I reboot the phone.

So you have to reinstall it everytime? Does it act like it's still installed though? GV is still VERY beta. The only version that didn't crash for me was the 2nd release. Every other one gives me issues like fc on boot.

Guest umair9001
So you have to reinstall it everytime? Does it act like it's still installed though? GV is still VERY beta. The only version that didn't crash for me was the 2nd release. Every other one gives me issues like fc on boot.

the speed of the new rom is gr8, battery performance is also much better.

Only problem is the message led light is the problem. When i have a message its off, when no message its on.. lol..

Guest audiobastard

Its just the shortcut. The app works relatively fine. I had issues with autokiller beating on it, but set it to ignore and the app runs just fine. But, everytime i reboot the desktop shortcut disappears right along with the voice toggle shortcut. Its really weird. Well, fyi, i'm back to your rom. Seems its the best blend, like dunkin donuts coffee.

Thanks for the rom brother

Guest tomdotcom

Thanks for the spectacular ROM.

Since giving up the HTC keyboard I've purchased Better Keyboard and found that removing the XT9IME.apk package, the ROM speeds up a good 20-30%!!!

Anyone can attest to this?

Guest eViL D:
Thanks for the spectacular ROM.

Since giving up the HTC keyboard I've purchased Better Keyboard and found that removing the XT9IME.apk package, the ROM speeds up a good 20-30%!!!

Anyone can attest to this?

Interesting. Maybe placebo. I had removed it from previous builds and the only response was, "please add XT9IME back!" ;)

1st post

Okey, Thanks!

But now I'm I stuck on "Fastboot Malez .43+ recovery".

Dose it mean I have to download this and put it on my SD card and put my phone in recovery mode? Cus I can't get it in recovery mode. It's "Volume down + power button", right?

Thanks!

Guest eViL D:
Okey, Thanks!

But now I'm I stuck on "Fastboot Malez .43+ recovery".

Dose it mean I have to download this and put it on my SD card and put my phone in recovery mode? Cus I can't get it in recovery mode. It's "Volume down + power button", right?

Thanks!

YOU NEED ADB SETUP FIRST!

You have to flash the recovery via fastboot. I will break down each step.

To get to fastboot do this.

1.)Disconnect your phone from usb

2.)Power off your phone

3.)Remove the battery

4.)Insert the USB cable

5.)Once you see the large flashing battery on your screen, insert the battery

6.)Press and hold the capacitive < key

7.)Press and hold the camera key

8.)Press power

9.)Release all keys and you should be in Fastboot (blackscreen with a little flickering)

Ok, so where ever you extracted the Android SDK there should be a tools folder (i.e. C:\SDK\tools)

1.)Place Malez's recovery there

Now you can flash the recovery

1.)fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.4.3.img

2.)fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 reboot

That is what the script should look like. You can use the .bat file to make things easier. Flashing recovery only takes a few seconds.

If recovery worked, you should be able to use this command:

adb reboot recovery

Guest eViL D:
can someone please teach me how to install xt9? I tried astro, root manager and adb push they dun work..,

You also need to push the xt9 lib(s)

YOU NEED ADB SETUP FIRST!

You have to flash the recovery via fastboot. I will break down each step.

To get to fastboot do this.

1.)Disconnect your phone from usb

2.)Power off your phone

3.)Remove the battery

4.)Insert the USB cable

5.)Once you see the large flashing battery on your screen, insert the battery

6.)Press and hold the capacitive < key

7.)Press and hold the camera key

8.)Press power

9.)Release all keys and you should be in Fastboot (blackscreen with a little flickering)

Ok, so where ever you extracted the Android SDK there should be a tools folder (i.e. C:\SDK\tools)

1.)Place Malez's recovery there

Now you can flash the recovery

1.)fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery malezRecovery_0.4.3.img

2.)fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x0502 reboot

That is what the script should look like. You can use the .bat file to make things easier. Flashing recovery only takes a few seconds.

If recovery worked, you should be able to use this command:

adb reboot recovery

Thanks a lot!!

I got it to work in the end ;)

But how do I get the black color on the notification bar?

Guest Hoi Hoi

Absolutely the best rom i have ever tried, eViL

but the followings are the problems i have found

1. could not add photo to contact through the phone

2. seems problem on GPS in google map... could not get exact location

3. i've tried to put the black bar in v2.2t beta to v2.2s, but ORANGE problem still there

4. message led keeps on... i've replaced that from v2.1, and if i have some app in the bar (e.g. systray monitor), the led goes on. when i remove it, it becomes normal

5. messge loading time is unreasonably long.....

6. phone, contact long loading time

please correct me if i made any mistake...

but really need to thank you again for your great great work~~!!!

Guest eViL D:
Absolutely the best rom i have ever tried, eViL

but the followings are the problems i have found

1. could not add photo to contact through the phone

2. seems problem on GPS in google map... could not get exact location

3. i've tried to put the black bar in v2.2t beta to v2.2s, but ORANGE problem still there

4. message led keeps on... i've replaced that from v2.1, and if i have some app in the bar (e.g. systray monitor), the led goes on. when i remove it, it becomes normal

5. messge loading time is unreasonably long.....

6. phone, contact long loading time

please correct me if i made any mistake...

but really need to thank you again for your great great work~~!!!

Try pushing the framework-res.apk from this post http://android.modaco.com/content-page/302...-rom/page/840/#

Guest eViL D:
FML can't get a damn gps lock. Wtf man i swear. Had the same issue in 1.6 the last time i used it. freekin retarded.

Download the compass app. See if you can see the sats.

Guest audiobastard
Download the compass app. See if you can see the sats.

no sats man.. thats the first thing i checked. Seems my gps can't read any sats at all. Something always messes up. Even if it worked in the same rom before, the next time you flash it will be messed up, guaranteed. ;) Oh well, i'm gonna throw some 1.6 back on there and hopefully that will have flashed a bit of "act right" on the phone.

I'm also just going to reinstall apps from the market instead of using titanium. Even w/out data, just apps, it still sometimes messes stuff up.

Edited by audiobastard