[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest audiobastard
no sats man.. thats the first thing i checked. Seems my gps can't read any sats at all. Something always messes up. Even if it worked in the same rom before, the next time you flash it will be messed up, guaranteed. ;) Oh well, i'm gonna throw some 1.6 back on there and hopefully that will have flashed a bit of "act right" on the phone.

I'm also just going to reinstall apps from the market instead of using titanium. Even w/out data, just apps, it still sometimes messes stuff up.

by the way, where the hell is LCR 1.4. Malez put out a tweet like a week ago that 1.4 was here and its still to be seen or spoken of again lol.

Guest audiobastard
by the way, where the hell is LCR 1.4. Malez put out a tweet like a week ago that 1.4 was here and its still to be seen or spoken of again lol.

yeah, my stuff is jacked up from flashing b/w 1.6 and 2.1. No more gps for me. Sees no satellites let alone getting a lock. Word to the wise... flashing can cause unforeseen problems. My only solice is that other android phones have gps lock issues too. Perhaps i'm just unlucky or perhaps one day it will magically work again.

Guest eViL D:
yeah, my stuff is jacked up from flashing b/w 1.6 and 2.1. No more gps for me. Sees no satellites let alone getting a lock. Word to the wise... flashing can cause unforeseen problems. My only solice is that other android phones have gps lock issues too. Perhaps i'm just unlucky or perhaps one day it will magically work again.

So you have no sats in 1.6 either??!!

Guest audiobastard
So you have no sats in 1.6 either??!!

nope. Using stock 1.6 and no sats in gps status. Tried with and without wireless networks assisting. My s*** is totally badword. The worst part about it is that I never ran into a problem flashing. Everything always went smooth flashing. Never got an error or anything. Just stopped working.

I've kept the phone in my window for the past 30 minutes hoping something will pop up on gps status. I used to put my ATT tilt there to test the gps on that phone and always got a lock from there. In either case, I tried it several times driving over the past couple days and even stood outside like a shmuck hoping it would lock. No luck.

the most infuriating thing is that i see the little arrow in google maps mocking me, turning properly as I turn, but no gps lock.

I guess at this point i'm just gonna hope i can get this short sale done soon enough to get the 8k tax credit and hopefully then I'll have spare cash to just fork it over for a nexus one. Why did I sell my iphone 3gs... oh why.

I guess its only fair. I got some great deals on phones and its only fair I get screwed a couple times lol.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest eViL D:
nope. Using stock 1.6 and no sats in gps status. Tried with and without wireless networks assisting. My s*** is totally badword. The worst part about it is that I never ran into a problem flashing. Everything always went smooth flashing. Never got an error or anything. Just stopped working.

I've kept the phone in my window for the past 30 minutes hoping something will pop up on gps status. I used to put my ATT tilt there to test the gps on that phone and always got a lock from there. In either case, I tried it several times driving over the past couple days and even stood outside like a shmuck hoping it would lock. No luck.

I guess at this point i'm just gonna hope i can get this short sale done soon enough to get the 8k tax credit and hopefully then I'll have spare cash to just fork it over for a nexus one. Why did I sell my iphone 3gs... oh why.

Really odd.

*just had a thought. Not sure how long you were using 1.6 with overclocked cpu, but since it's a system on a chip, the heat could have damaged your phone. Just a guess. You should still have a warranty anyway.

And, because you should be able to customize your phone! Let's not get into the iphone flaming..... lol

Guest audiobastard
Really odd.

*just had a thought. Not sure how long you were using 1.6 with overclocked cpu, but since it's a system on a chip, the heat could have damaged your phone. Just a guess. You should still have a warranty anyway.

And, because you should be able to customize your phone! Let's not get into the iphone flaming..... lol

ahh you totally called me out on the flaming lol.

Yeah, i kept the 1.6 rom on it for only about a day or two at a time. Mainly I had a variation of a 2.1 rom on there. to be honest, i've never felt it get any hotter with 920 mhz than with any other rom, but its hard to tell w/out a thermostat. I don't know what could have caused it. I'll just keep trying to get it to work. I don't have a warranty option. I bought it used. The dude i bought it from bought it from someone else and I can't even find out when and where they bought it from so I can't register it. I'm planning on giving acer a call and trying to get it registered that way, but I doubt i'm going to see any warranty action going on.

And the iphone comment is funny because about a week after i sold it, I find that google all of a sudden nonchalantly put up an ATT 3g version of the nexus one. Had I still had the iphone, I could have probably made an even trade. Instead I got the Acer s200 and some cash. Then I traded the s200 for the liquid. Now I can't do a trade with the liquid b/c of the various issues i had. I didn't mean to imply that I would rather have the iphone; but, I would rather have a jtv app ;)

Edited by audiobastard

Guest pipajoja
You also need to push the xt9 lib(s)

can you please tell me where the required files are?

so i must push them into the respective directory? or can i use root manager instead?

many many thanks

Guest eViL D:
can you please tell me where the required files are?

so i must push them into the respective directory? or can i use root manager instead?

many many thanks

I think it's xt9core.lib from /system/lib (the name is case sensitive when you push too)

adb remount

adb push

adb reboot

Guest eViL D:
ahh you totally called me out on the flaming lol.

Yeah, i kept the 1.6 rom on it for only about a day or two at a time. Mainly I had a variation of a 2.1 rom on there. to be honest, i've never felt it get any hotter with 920 mhz than with any other rom, but its hard to tell w/out a thermostat. I don't know what could have caused it. I'll just keep trying to get it to work. I don't have a warranty option. I bought it used. The dude i bought it from bought it from someone else and I can't even find out when and where they bought it from so I can't register it. I'm planning on giving acer a call and trying to get it registered that way, but I doubt i'm going to see any warranty action going on.

And the iphone comment is funny because about a week after i sold it, I find that google all of a sudden nonchalantly put up an ATT 3g version of the nexus one. Had I still had the iphone, I could have probably made an even trade. Instead I got the Acer s200 and some cash. Then I traded the s200 for the liquid. Now I can't do a trade with the liquid b/c of the various issues i had. I didn't mean to imply that I would rather have the iphone; but, I would rather have a jtv app ;)

Yeah, sounds like a lot of leg work done. You would think with a product this new, it should be implied it's under warranty still. Well, even if it's not, you can still get something back if you decide to ebay or the like. Been using my Desire for the last day, and I must say, if the N1 is anything like it, you should be golden. Don't get me wrong, I still like the Liquid, but it's flaws come out seriously when you can compare the 2. Granted, the Desire was $200 more..... You sort of get what you pay for. As the old saying goes.

Guest audiobastard
Yeah, sounds like a lot of leg work done. You would think with a product this new, it should be implied it's under warranty still. Well, even if it's not, you can still get something back if you decide to ebay or the like. Been using my Desire for the last day, and I must say, if the N1 is anything like it, you should be golden. Don't get me wrong, I still like the Liquid, but it's flaws come out seriously when you can compare the 2. Granted, the Desire was $200 more..... You sort of get what you pay for. As the old saying goes.

as a practical matter, the desire is basically the N1 but with an optical scroll wheel, sense ui, and i think about 20 more mb of ram.

I'm sure I can scrape 250 for the phone as long as I fix the gps issue. The screen is relatively minor since it doesn't seem to be worsening and it doesn't block the viewable area, just the edges. Then, I just need another 250 for the nexus. I can say this much for the liquid, it definitely convinced me that android is the far superior OS for mobile available period. Now, where's that justin.tv app we've been promised.

As for the gps, I have a feeling it will just kick in eventually. I'm gonna go sit out on my porch for a while and try to get it going again lol.

EDIT: Haha, I called acer and got transfered to india. They asked me for my SNID. I gave it to them and they're like... hold on for a couple minutes. Then the guy comes back and is like, i'm sorry you have to go back to the store. I ask him why i can't register it, he said... well the snid you gave me does not pull up any records whatsover ;) . Looks like I got a phone that fell off the back of a truck. FML.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest pipajoja
I think it's xt9core.lib from /system/lib (the name is case sensitive when you push too)

adb remount

adb push

adb reboot

it works!!!

omg thank you so much evid ;)

Guest lgcmn

thanx eViL D:, finally i found the ROM(v2.2t) on which i'll wait for official release ;)

after install the orange bar welcomed me into your ROM, but smoked glass theme by Piter1225 & bais solved the problem)..live wallpapers sometimes kill my Liquid (screen suddenly fades, but not to the end, u can still see smth on screen), which cures only with battery removing..or removing live wallpapers (my choice)))..

almost forgot, the sms led is still on (no cures), but there is a good thing about it, u can always find your Liquid in the dark ;)

great work ;)

Edited by lgcmn

Guest audiobastard
thanx eViL D:, finally i found the ROM(v2.2t) on which i'll wait for official release ;)

after install the orange bar welcomed me into your ROM, but smoked glass theme by Piter1225 & bais solved the problem)..live wallpapers sometimes kill my Liquid (screen suddenly fades, but not to the end, u can still see smth on screen), which cures only with battery removing..or removing live wallpapers (my choice)))..

almost forgot, the sms led is still on (no cures), but there is a good thing about it, u can always find your Liquid in the dark ;)

great work ;)

I used to have the LED issue and it didn't go away with any of the fixes mentioned in this post. But, the last time i flashed it the led problem went away and functions normally. The only different thing I did this time was not wipe the cache. I wiped delvik and did a restore, but I left the cache alone. Dunno if that made any difference but that's what I did differently. It may just be the luck of the draw with respect to flashing it.

I recommend trying to reflash it once or twice to see if the led issue keeps popping up. You'll know within a couple minutes of the flash.

Guest Riekr

i tried 010 bin leak but rolled back restoring my last nandroid backup since i'm not able to root correctly ;)

anyway.. now i'm running latest base band with evil rom (so now customized kernel by vache)

i'll report my impressions later.

Guest Kafka Datura

Hi, i'm looking for 2 things :

- A french working T9 LatinIME.apk for Android Keyboard.

- Why is my phone trying to load contacts from SIM cards (without success) at every boot ? I don't care about my sim's contacts, everything's on my google account ... How can i stop this ?

Guest eViL D:
i tried 010 bin leak but rolled back restoring my last nandroid backup since i'm not able to root correctly :huh:

anyway.. now i'm running latest base band with evil rom (so now customized kernel by vache)

i'll report my impressions later.

Should work perfect since it's based from that leak. :P

Well, hopefully the Google apps cooperate.

Guest eViL D:
Hi, i'm looking for 2 things :

- A french working T9 LatinIME.apk for Android Keyboard.

- Why is my phone trying to load contacts from SIM cards (without success) at every boot ? I don't care about my sim's contacts, everything's on my google account ... How can i stop this ?

Have you disabled SIM contacts in the contacts?

Guest vsg2000
Tried this last night. Didn't feel it was a succes: very laggy...

Is this the only custom for 0.010?

Edited by vsg2000

Guest nilezon

I just flashed 2.2t_beta and got the orange notification bar. Tried both 008 and 010 as base bin, but I got the orange bar anyway. Installing Smaked Glass theme did resolve the problem, but changed the entire look and feel of the system to much :huh:

I hope someone will find a solution to the orange notification bar. Thanks!