[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest eViL D:
Wow, already a new version !!!!

Great work eVIL D.

Just a question. I thnik your slim version is a very good ideau but you remove an important app to my poijt of view : email.

Is there a way to install slim version with email and new theme ?

Thnaks

App is here.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/32248036/26d4df...As_Updates.html

extract it and push via ADB or boot to recovery and flash as an update.

When i reject a call, the light on top of the phone keeps flashing. This didin't happen in the old ROM. Is this right?

The same happens with message. When i receive a messagen the light flashes, but when i read the message, sometimes the light stays on, on don't turn off.

Anyone with the same problem?

Guest eViL D:
When i reject a call, the light on top of the phone keeps flashing. This didin't happen in the old ROM. Is this right?

The same happens with message. When i receive a messagen the light flashes, but when i read the message, sometimes the light stays on, on don't turn off.

Hrmm, something strange is going on..... Let me see if I can pinpoint it.

Guest eViL D:

I just reflashed and it works. Let me see if/how I can break it.

Guest eViL D:

I'm starting to think that there's a conflict in an app. Do you have message or call apps downloaded from the market?

Guest eViL D:
http://drop.io/maps_europe_navigation

Just push it to Maps.apk and remove odexes

After having done some research, I won't be adding this modified version and I'm going to leave the original google maps there.

Thread here explains it all.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583123

But, to some it up.

The modified version works anywhere Google has the "Directions" feature, but it has reduced functionality (including in the USA).

The reduced functionality is as follows:

*No street name at the top

*No arrow indicating next turn direction

*Voice guidance is delayed, if at all present

Please do not waste space posting these issues. They are known.

Obviously you can still push it manually.

Edited by eViL D:

If you use root version it will crash on navigation

Use the alt non-root version

The easy way to do

Go to system applications Maps and clear all cache and force close application.

Then:

adb remount

adb push maps4.0.0-brut4-alt.apk /system/app/Maps.apk

If you have trouble run odex script again

Edited by chunga

Guest rrunner1

Hi,

I got a strange prob... After a night plugged in for charging my Liquid work perfect (running Evil's 1.5.1 rom). after a a while, when battery level has dropped to 60-70%, I start getting random shutdowns of the phone. This happend in the dialer, when switching wifi/3G networks, in the facebook app, when answering a call, ... when I turn it back on, sometimes it works again for a while, sometimes it stops again right after sim unlock, sometimes I get " ...app failed responding right after boot (different apps). Stability stays bad from that point, it never keeps running for longer then 5 mins. Connecting the phone to a PC by USB seems to improve stability but it still happens. After a night of charging probs have gone again for a few hours.

I tried resetting dalvik/data, reflashing rom, factory default restore... doesn't seem to solve the prob.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?

thanks,

Erik

Guest Fatoufred

Hi, i tell you because i've got a problem after intall.

In fact, when i tried to login my google account i've got a error with the virtual keyboard.

Could you help me?

Guest Menerve

In fact, when i tried to login my google account i've got a error with the virtual keyboard.

Could you help me?

The keyboard doesn't work in french. It must be in qwerty

Edited by Menerve

Guest eViL D:
Hi,

I got a strange prob... After a night plugged in for charging my Liquid work perfect (running Evil's 1.5.1 rom). after a a while, when battery level has dropped to 60-70%, I start getting random shutdowns of the phone. This happend in the dialer, when switching wifi/3G networks, in the facebook app, when answering a call, ... when I turn it back on, sometimes it works again for a while, sometimes it stops again right after sim unlock, sometimes I get " ...app failed responding right after boot (different apps). Stability stays bad from that point, it never keeps running for longer then 5 mins. Connecting the phone to a PC by USB seems to improve stability but it still happens. After a night of charging probs have gone again for a few hours.

I tried resetting dalvik/data, reflashing rom, factory default restore... doesn't seem to solve the prob.

Anyone got an idea what's going on?

thanks,

Erik

sounds like a bad flash to me. make sure you follow the following steps.

download the latest version

boot to recovery

clear dalvik

format data (wipe)

flash rom

format data

reboot

Guest eViL D:

Could you help me?

what is the error?