[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest linuxluver
build.prop is only part of it. I'm trying to narrow it down, but having to chase kids and fix the house too.

I can now see all of the apps in the Market. I don't know if that would have happened anyway. Here are the things i did. Some of them - or maybe all 'cause it would have happened anyway? - are completely irrelevant.

My "test" app for searching the Market is "Drocap2". If I can't see that, then there is an entire class of apps I can't see: Barcode Scanner, Camera ZOOM FX (paid), Photostitch (paid, not lite)...and several others.

Tracing my path...

I flashed LCR v1.1.1 and took a copy of the build.prop. I could see "Drocap2" app.

I wiped.

I flashed eViL D 1.6.7 slim and took a copy of the build.prop. I could NOT see "Drocap2" app.

I modified the eViL D build.prop in two places. Here are the lines after changing:

ro.build.version.incremental=100212.180250 (used to say 24178)

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google (used to say android-acer)

I then did a factory reset. I still could not see the Drocap2 app I wanted in the Market.

I installed Drocap2 from a previous backup of the *.apk made while booted to a totally different ROM. It worked fine.

I did a Nandroid backup.

I wiped Data and Dalvik and flashed LCR v1.1.1 again.

I installed all the missing apps.

I installed App Manager Pro and backed up all the ones I was allowed to. Some are protected. This was so i could have as many as possible even if I couldn't see them in the Market.

I went to bed.

I got up.

I wiped LCR.

I restored eViL D 1.6.7 from nandroid backup

I can see all the apps in the Market that I could not see before. Drocap2, Photostitch, Barcode Scanner, Camera ZOOM FX

So I don't know if that would have happened anyway or whether the changes I made to build.prop worked overnight. Or something else, like remnants of LCR with all the missing apps installed lingering on the "wiped" storage. I've heard a wipe isn't necessarily 100%.

Bottom line - I can now see all my apps. If I get some time I'll try it without changing anything and see if a day passing sees me accessing the market fully anyway. Maybe i didn't need to do anything at all but wait.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest eViL D:
I can now see all of the apps in the Market. I don't know if that would have happened anyway. Here are the things i did. Some of them - or maybe all 'cause it would have happened anyway? - are completely irrelevant.

My "test" app for searching the Market is "Drocap2". If I can't see that, then there is an entire class of apps I can't see: Barcode Scanner, Camera ZOOM FX (paid), Photostitch (paid, not lite)...and several others.

Tracing my path...

I flashed LCR v1.1.1 and took a copy of the build.prop. I could see "Drocap2" app.

I wiped.

I flashed eViL D 1.6.7 slim and took a copy of the build.prop. I could NOT see "Drocap2" app.

I modified the eViL D build.prop in two places. Here are the lines after changing:

ro.build.version.incremental=100212.180250 (used to say 24178)

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google (used to say android-acer)

I then did a factory reset. I still could not see the Drocap2 app I wanted in the Market.

I installed Drocap2 from a previous backup of the *.apk made while booted to a totally different ROM. It worked fine.

I did a Nandroid backup.

I wiped Data and Dalvik and flashed LCR v1.1.1 again.

I installed all the missing apps.

I installed App Manager Pro and backed up all the ones I was allowed to. Some are protected. This was so i could have as many as possible even if I couldn't see them in the Market.

I went to bed.

I got up.

I wiped LCR.

I restored eViL D 1.6.7 from nandroid backup

I can see all the apps in the Market that I could not see before. Drocap2, Photostitch, Barcode Scanner, Camera ZOOM FX

So I don't know if that would have happened anyway or whether the changes I made to build.prop worked overnight. Or something else, like remnants of LCR with all the missing apps installed lingering on the "wiped" storage. I've heard a wipe isn't necessarily 100%.

Bottom line - I can now see all my apps. If I get some time I'll try it without changing anything and see if a day passing sees me accessing the market fully anyway. Maybe i didn't need to do anything at all but wait.

Well, if you didn't wipe dalvik cache, all the apps should have been still installed. We're the apps still installed after the nandroid restore?

Guest linuxluver
Well, if you didn't wipe dalvik cache, all the apps should have been still installed. We're the apps still installed after the nandroid restore?

No. I wiped Dalvik cache. There really should not have been anything there....and there did not appear to be as when I installed them they appeared to install clean.

Main item of interest was that I can see these apps in the Market.

But I'm left wondering what one would have to do to be able to see them immediately after flashing instead of a day later (for the moment discounting that any changes I made might have worked).

But the one line that did interest me particularly was the android-acer vs android-google.

Also, the first time I used the 6.6 code in my other post I got an email from Google next day thanking me for buying a Nexus One! How nice of them. :-)

Guest eViL D:
No. I wiped Dalvik cache. There really should not have been anything there....and there did not appear to be as when I installed them they appeared to install clean.

Main item of interest was that I can see these apps in the Market.

But I'm left wondering what one would have to do to be able to see them immediately after flashing instead of a day later (for the moment discounting that any changes I made might have worked).

But the one line that did interest me particularly was the android-acer vs android-google.

Also, the first time I used the 6.6 code in my other post I got an email from Google next day thanking me for buying a Nexus One! How nice of them. :-)

Well, I've got another update coming, so I'll test those strings you changed and see what happens.

EDIT

** still no go, for me at least. Looking for drocap2 and nimbuzz.....

Edited by eViL D:

Guest linuxluver
Well, I've got another update coming, so I'll test those strings you changed and see what happens.

EDIT

** still no go, for me at least. Looking for drocap2 and nimbuzz.....

See how it goes after a sleep. Worked for me. :-)

The way I see it, at this point on myLiquid I have a stable, fully-functional Eclair system and access to all my apps. I have not had that before.

So thank you very much! :-)

eViL D 1.6.7 slim is at this point a superior ROM compared to any other Eclair I've tried on HTC Magic or Acer Liquid. I'm off to look for an eViLD DONATE button.

Guest linuxluver

I've noticed my "Tetherwifi" app doesn't work on my Liquid running this ROM.

I never did test it on the stock ROM as my other phone - an HTC Magic with a BIG data quota plan - does 90% of the tethering. My Liquid is for phone, multimedia and personal Internet. The Magic is the backup AP for the house when the DSL goes down...and can remain at home while I'm out.

I'll searc the forum and if i find nothing I'll flash back to stock and see if it works.

Guest eViL D:
I've noticed my "Tetherwifi" app doesn't work on my Liquid running this ROM.

I never did test it on the stock ROM as my other phone - an HTC Magic with a BIG data quota plan - does 90% of the tethering. My Liquid is for phone, multimedia and personal Internet. The Magic is the backup AP for the house when the DSL goes down...and can remain at home while I'm out.

I'll searc the forum and if i find nothing I'll flash back to stock and see if it works.

Try this.

wireless_tether_2_0_pre8.zip

Edited by eViL D:

Guest havocxrush
Does 1.7 have the 920mhz in it? If not how to apply to the build?

Also, do I need recovery AND superboot installed?

Sorry. I used to do all this, been away from the liquid for awhile.

Guest eViL D:
Also, do I need recovery AND superboot installed?

Sorry. I used to do all this, been away from the liquid for awhile.

If you have flashed the beta eclair bin, you will only need to flash the superroot and recovery.

If you're still on donut, you need to flash the eclair bin, superroot, recovery and then flash the zip.

Guest havocxrush
If you have flashed the beta eclair bin, you will only need to flash the superroot and recovery.

If you're still on donut, you need to flash the eclair bin, superroot, recovery and then flash the zip.

Ive been trying with the 2.xx.xx.16 bin. Thats my issue., Had no radio. Trying the E leak bin now. Need to update the thread as Angios 1.8 thread you reference for the file is deleted. Found it XDA after some digging. Ive also just been using recovery. Which super should I use?

Guest eViL D:
Ive been trying with the 2.xx.xx.16 bin. Thats my issue., Had no radio. Trying the E leak bin now. Need to update the thread as Angios 1.8 thread you reference for the file is deleted. Found it XDA after some digging. Ive also just been using recovery. Which super should I use?

Download superboot and recovery here.

http://www.4shared.com/dir/33723379/7eba51e3/Misc.html

Edited by eViL D:

Guest gapone

Hi guys! When updating to a newer version of evil eclair rom... Do I need to wipe dalvik and data or hard reset? Thanks!

Edited by gapone

Guest mrcanant

How's the battery performance for this v1.7 update?

I just can't bear the v1.6 for consuming battery so fast, which could last 12hrs only!

Please kindly inform me.

Guest gapone

EvilD

I'm getting this when scrolling normal wallpapers from wallpapers settings: The Application Launcher (process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I haven't tried to change them before so I don't know if these are the reason (most important what I did for the system):

I use autokiller with optimum settings, I ran zipalign and I ran odex.

Edit:It seems that gallery is crashing also when this happens

Edited by gapone

Guest Menerve
EvilD

I'm getting this when scrolling normal wallpapers from wallpapers settings: The Application Launcher (process com.android.launcher2) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I haven't tried to change them before so I don't know if these are the reason (most important what I did for the system):

I use autokiller with optimum settings, I ran zipalign and I ran odex.

Edit:It seems that gallery is crashing also when this happens

Same for me ! One time, I could not do anything with my phone because of this FC :/

Guest da900

Thanx a lot for the new built of your ROM, eViL. It's great. I wanna ask you (if you don't mind), please, could you share a theme of launcher2 that is HTC Sence like?... I used on your latest ROM such theme (don't remember where i've got it) in zip format and install it from recovery mod, but on you 1.7 ROM it runs with mistakes? and "force close" on start-up of a system.