[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest eViL D:
Thanx a lot for the new built of your ROM, eViL. It's great. I wanna ask you (if you don't mind), please, could you share a theme of launcher2 that is HTC Sence like?... I used on your latest ROM such theme (don't remember where i've got it) in zip format and install it from recovery mod, but on you 1.7 ROM it runs with mistakes? and "force close" on start-up of a system.

Grab the launcher here.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-home-screen-s/

Guest da900
hrmm, launcher2 fc's.....

Try the sense version and see if it does the same thing.

Can't check this with sence ui like launcher2, because of failed instalation ("E:No signature (1 files)/E:Verification failed) <_<

But i can say, that the same problem, like i have writen before, is on smoke-black-like skin of launcher2. The system shows notification, that xxxx.xxxx.launcher2.apk unexpectedly closed (sorry for my english).

Edited by da900

Guest eViL D:
Can't check this with sence ui like launcher2, because of failed instalation ("E:No signature (1 files)/E:Verification failed) <_<

But i can say, that the same problem, like i have writen before, is on smoke-black-like skin of launcher2. The sistem shows notificstion, that xxxx.xxxx.launcher2.apk unexpectevely closed (sorry for my english).

The launcher's, you will need to push via adb. They are not flashable.

Guest Juan_OX
v1.7.1 is now online.

thanks a lot for your work!!!

on friday i try the 1.6.7 and havn´t vodafone coverage!! what im doing wrong?

neither the phone ask me about the 4 digits code from the SIM.

please, tell me wath to do.

tomorrow ill install the 1.7.1 but may be the same with my sim...

Edited by Juan_OX

Guest eViL D:
Maybe this question has already been answered but can a newer version be flashed directly over an older version?

I recommend a wipe, but you probably could. I have not tried.

Guest linuxluver
thanks a lot for your work!!!

on friday i try the 1.6.7 and havn´t vodafone coverage!! what im doing wrong?

neither the phone ask me about the 4 digits code from the SIM.

please, tell me wath to do.

tomorrow ill install the 1.7.1 but may be the same with my sim...

What was on your phone before you flashed eViLD v1.6.7?

Unless it was LiquidE stock or another Eclair based on it, you won't have any radio / mobile data. If you had a Donut (Android v1.6) ROM on your phone, you first need to use the Acer Download Tool to flash the LiquidE BIN, then install Superboot for it, then flash a recovery....then flash eViLD (or LCR or some other Eclair).

Guest linuxluver
You are making great progress!

One question: are lags still there?

If I turn off all animations, there are no "lags". Animations are a waste of processor anyway, IMHO.

Guest linuxluver

Flashed v1.7.1. Can see ma apps!! :-)

Also.....looks like porting the battery icon from canadiancow brought in more than the battery icon. The mobile network indicators I've seen so far are "G" and "1x" consistent with Bell Canada's CDMA/EVDO data network....not a GSM / UMTS network.

"G" with my provider (Vodafone NZ) would normally indicate a top speed of about 56kbps......not 2300kbps. :-) I think is the same in Canada on Bell's CDMA network. I used to have an account with them (2007)....and I got "G" and "1x" on my CDMA Samsung SPH-A900.

The icons being wrong doesn't seem to interfere with the speed. The speed tests I did tonight (sample below) show my 3G / UMTS going at about half the normal speed on download 9usually get 4600kbps) and about 50% more than the usual speed on upload (usually get about 1000kbps).

blog1e04a753e44d7fe30bfe4082b94586a0.jpg

Edited by linuxluver

Guest Menerve

Thanks Evil.

No problem for this time (for the moment) <_<

Maybe just one thing : problem with the icon "vibrator" who seem to be replace by the icon"silent" but it doesn't matter !

I didn't notice problem with gmail notification yet.

Guest neferym
Thanks Evil.

No problem for this time (for the moment) <_<

Maybe just one thing : problem with the icon "vibrator" who seem to be replace by the icon"silent" but it doesn't matter !

I didn't notice problem with gmail notification yet.

thx :'(

My google account isn't refresh... i didn't have this pb with LCR.

Guest goa200
v1.7.1b is now online.

the batterychange, so that it shows a number, is that in icondata.smali?

Can also confirm just by pushing services.jar also changed my mobile network indicators.

Edited by goa200

Guest goa200
The launcher's, you will need to push via adb. They are not flashable.

I've actually flashed my launchers and it worked just fine.

Then again its just faster and easier to push via adb for immediate result

Guest gapone

EvilD

Seems like 1.71 and 1.71b isn't working on 2g only mode (switching from 2g to 3g and so on).

Edited by gapone

Guest eViL D:
Can anyone show me how to add HTC clock widget on Home Screen? Thanks

That is from Beautiful widgets. It's a paid app on the market.

Flashed v1.7.1. Can see ma apps!! :-)

Also.....looks like porting the battery icon from canadiancow brought in more than the battery icon. The mobile network indicators I've seen so far are "G" and "1x" consistent with Bell Canada's CDMA/EVDO data network....not a GSM / UMTS network.

"G" with my provider (Vodafone NZ) would normally indicate a top speed of about 56kbps......not 2300kbps. :-) I think is the same in Canada on Bell's CDMA network. I used to have an account with them (2007)....and I got "G" and "1x" on my CDMA Samsung SPH-A900.

The icons being wrong doesn't seem to interfere with the speed. The speed tests I did tonight (sample below) show my 3G / UMTS going at about half the normal speed on download 9usually get 4600kbps) and about 50% more than the usual speed on upload (usually get about 1000kbps).

I will make some changes and hopefully have a fix soon.

thx :'(

My google account isn't refresh... i didn't have this pb with LCR.

I'll take a look

the batterychange, so that it shows a number, is that in icondata.smali?

Can also confirm just by pushing services.jar also changed my mobile network indicators.

There are 3 files in the services.jar, icondata.smali being one. I can't remember the other 2 offhand. If you want the info, let me know.

Sorry eViL,

but I can't find out the genie widget on my liquid after flashing the 1.7.1b

can you help me?

Thanx

It's called news and weather.

EvilD

Seems like 1.71 and 1.71b isn't working on 2g only mode (switching from 2g to 3g and so on).

I gotta fix some stuff in the framework. Probably up today.