[ROM] eViL Eclair v2.2 (Liquid e) [4/15/2010] (FINAL eViL LE ROM)

Guest eViL D:

Guest herscovici

eVILD, great thanks for your job !

this rom runs fine on my device.

I just hope you'll find a way to increase battery life in the futur.

Guest gapone
There is also a problem with bluetooth icon in status bar (change in a battery icon with ?)

It is ok With that new framework which EvilD upped. Try it...

Edited by gapone

Guest sushiii

Hello,

I'm new on the forum and I'm going to buy an acer liquid, and I would like to know if your rom was including the nemoplayer eVIL ?

And sorry for the (surely) bad english, I'm french <_< .

PS: And thanks for all your work :mellow:

Edited by sushiii

Guest linuxluver
eVILD, great thanks for your job !

this rom runs fine on my device.

I just hope you'll find a way to increase battery life in the futur.

Turn off all the automatic updates many apps do. I set them to manual or wifi-only (whatever option doesn't use 2G/3G/HSPA)

I also use SetCPU to clock the CPU down to 384MHz/245MHz range when it is in standby mode.

This all helps with battery.

But most of all....not using the phone helps most. ;-)

Guest linuxluver
Anyone???

If you already have LCR, then all you do is:

1. boot to malez recovery (if you want to be able to backup your existing install - Lickonn's wont work),

2. wipe data and Dalvik-cache

3. then "apply and zip from sd" to flash this ROM. Wait until it's done installing.

4. Boot phone, set up Google account, accept market terms.....and re-install your apps.

Edited by linuxluver

Guest linuxluver
Somebody please test this for 1.7.1

Trying to fix the network icons. Please let me know if the correct ones show up. If not, please explain.

I pushed this through with adb. Phone rebooted immediately. I had no mobile networking at that point. I checked permissions on the pushed file and they were out of line (-rw-rw-rw-) so i set them (via adb shell) to "0644" (-rw-r--r--)...like all the other files in that directory.

At first I had no mobile data at all. But I forced a re-registration via Menu -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks...and then started the browser.....and awaaaaay she went! :-)

It seems to be flicking between H and 3G. Looking at Menu-> Settings -> About Phone > Status shows the phone flicking between UMTS and HSPA....so that would seem to be appropriate unless they are reflecting the same condition. I would usually see UMTS / GPRS on Vodafone New Zealand. This is going to be a tough one to get right for everyone as technologies vary so much among / between telcos.

I more usually see "3G" and "G" for UMTS and GPRS.

Now, when I enable "Use 2G networks only" the symbol I get is "E"...which is usually "Edge"....while i would normally see "G"....though I note that "E" is actually a flavour of GPRS.

This link makes the differences clear. http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/gprs.htm

Edited by linuxluver

Guest linuxluver

I've flashed eViLD v1.7.1b and adb pushed the new framework-res.apk into place (causing the phone to spontaneously reboot) and then adb remount / adb sheel and set the permissions on the pushed file to 0644.

The mobile network icons are now lined up with the type of connection.

The Acer Liquid (v1.6 and 2.1) sees "G", "3G" and "H". (My HTC Magic sees "G" and "3G")

Playing with "ShootMe!" for screen caps, (nice app!) I've done some speed tests.

The Liquid shows the right symbols and - happily - the throughput is comparable with what my HTC Magic does in the same location (sitting in the same chair!)

ACER LIQUID (eViLD v1.7.1b + framework-res.apk update)

post-665221-1268730228_thumb.png

HTC MAGIC (Cyanogen Mod v4.2.15.1)

post-665221-1268730805_thumb.png

Edited by linuxluver

Guest ange_dragon
Hello,

I'm new on the forum and I'm going to buy an acer liquid, and I would like to know if your rom was including the nemoplayer eVIL ?

And sorry for the (surely) bad english, I'm french :) .

PS: And thanks for all your work ;)

Hello,

As I remember the nemo player is not included in the ROM. But maybe you can try to make a backup of the app before flashing the new rom and then install it

Guest natostanco

where can i find a guide to install this rom from the stock 1.6 with firmware 2.000.16 that i have? link in first post is broken...

Guest simoneser

Requirements:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5RC8AM1F ACER_LiquidE bin

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5PTHL3O Acer Liquid drivers for Windows

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EF2QNANO Acer A1 Download Tool

EVIL D ROM on 1st post

Install Drivers, then open Acer Tools, browse for the Eclair 2.1 .bin that you have downloaded, connect Liquid to usb: flash the rom and then wait.

Then flash the malez recovery that is sticked in this forum, put the evil d rom .zip in the sd, go in recovery and flash any update.zip :)

In Italian:

Installa i driver, apri Acer Tools, seleziona la bin 2.1 di Eclair che hai scaricato, colleghi il Liquid all'USB, inizia la procedura e aspetta.

Dopo che hai finito, flasha la recovery in rilievo in questo forum (malez), metti lo .zip della rom di EvilD nella sd, e flasha con update with any zip ;)

Vai sul forum di Batista per ulteriori chiarimenti.

Edited by simoneser