MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flankaflunk

Paul,

Not sure what happened to my phone, but I was on A16 and flashed A17, before you updated the kitchen due to the radio image issue. It is now constantly stuck on the boot logo and it just keeps rebooting itself after being on the boot logo for so long. I re-baked when you updated the kitchen and even wiped everything numerous times. Still no dice. Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

Thanks

Guest skydart

Camera works in DARK! Beautiful! Thank you, Paul!

Question: Forgive my ignorance, but is it necessary to install the gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip, (Google Apps?), or does the Kitchen already include this? Again, please forgive my ignorance.

Guest katermuc

works perfect after wipe. The only thing not working is downloading "more widgets from HTC". You can choose which one to download, but they don't install.

Guest Walt Lifsey

Paul,

After re-baking the install worked perfectly. I use T-mobile here in the US and after this update the HSPDA doesn't seem to work. I have checked the "Mobile Networks" setting and it is checked. In the "About this Phone" section is shows that it is connected to HSPDA. But when I open the browser it says there is no data connection. Any ideas?

Thank you

Guest wildcathcmc
Paul,

After re-baking the install worked perfectly. I use T-mobile here in the US and after this update the HSPDA doesn't seem to work. I have checked the "Mobile Networks" setting and it is checked. In the "About this Phone" section is shows that it is connected to HSPDA. But when I open the browser it says there is no data connection. Any ideas?

Thank you

Me too,

I think Alternate APN List not work.

Paul, can u fix it?

Thanks

Guest PhonePersona
Paul,

Not sure what happened to my phone, but I was on A16 and flashed A17, before you updated the kitchen due to the radio image issue. It is now constantly stuck on the boot logo and it just keeps rebooting itself after being on the boot logo for so long. I re-baked when you updated the kitchen and even wiped everything numerous times. Still no dice. Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

Thanks

I had this problem.

Removing my custom baked in zip file helped me get past it.

Do you have any custom bakes?

Guest PhonePersona
Paul,

Thank you

I noticed that too.

I'm gonna manually enter my APN settings and see what happens.

Guest skydart
Paul,

Thank you

What is the ideal setting for those of us who use T-Mobile in the USA, . . . optimal settings that will allow for the best phone coverage? I get good coverage everywhere else, except in my house. My family mockingly tells me that my phone does everything except make phone calls ;-) . . . . because I drop calls often while in my house.

Edited by skydart

Guest duderuud

Downloaded a baked version of A17 en so far it's been great!

I wiped and updated from A16 to A17.

Great thing now is that you get a new window in the "1st-boot-wizard" where you have to choose your network provider.

So the MMS and 3G settings are immediately loaded and available. (I have yet to test MMS, bever worked before with Dutch KPN).

All seems to be working perfectly except for a strange thing...RSS-feeds seem to have a borked sorting. If you choose "newest post first" it will work but after a refresh it's goed back to default.

Paul, thx for the great work!

[Edit]

With A17 the yellow/greed led at the top right of the screen doen't work anymore while charging. In A16 the light turned yellow/green while charging...

[Edit2]

While playing a bit it suddenly turns on. After 10 minutes or so...bit laggy :)

Edited by duderuud

Guest PhonePersona
What is the ideal setting for those of us who use T-Mobile in the USA, . . . optimal settings that will allow for the best phone coverage? I get good coverage everywhere else, except in my house. My family mockingly tells me that my phone does everything except make phone calls ;-) . . . . because I drop calls often while in my house.

You'll have to be more specific when you say 'ideal settings' because sometimes its the luck of the draw. If you happen to live in an area with poor coverage or you haven't updated your N1 radio, you might have some problems on the 3G and Edge Networks.

If you're asking for T-Mobile APN settings though:

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest cnraghu
[Edit]

With A17 the yellow/greed led at the top right of the screen doen't work anymore while charging. In A16 the light turned yellow/green while charging...

LED works for me with A17. No issues so far....

Thanks a ton Paul....

Guest kam187

My only problem is the headphones :) I'm using standard android headphones with one button. One tap pauses/plays, but the second dials my last dialed number.

Any idea how I can fix it? Someone said there was some Hero Headphone fix in the market, but I dont see it.

Any idea?

Guest lp1527
I noticed that too.

I'm gonna manually enter my APN settings and see what happens.

SAME-- no data connection via wireless network. Need to manually enter APN settings??

Guest metatron

Having trouble setting up IMAP (SSL/port 993) account, it says "verifying account information" but then just drops back to the config screen. Exchange/Google setup works ok.

This is on a completely wiped, fresh install.

Guest LilRedzMD
SAME-- no data connection via wireless network. Need to manually enter APN settings??

Yes I have the same problem please help!!!

I dont get the 3G Icon (never there anyways) and I dont get the H signal either. When i try to use the browser or any apps is not picking up in Data Connectivity...

Paul Help Us!!!

Guest GodDriven
Coming from V.16 is wipe required or just suggested?

Just Woke Up..

Good Morning All...

Congratulations to P, to us.. and to the Android Community..

Paul O'Brien, You have done it Again..

Q: Wipe?

A: I tested and yes, Camera will FC if not.. And that is due to the changes made.. Still digging.. Seems.. All perfect though?

Edited by GodDriven

Guest lp1527
Yes I have the same problem please help!!!

I dont get the 3G Icon (never there anyways) and I dont get the H signal either. When i try to use the browser or any apps is not picking up in Data Connectivity...

Paul Help Us!!!

Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Guest GodDriven
Google Voice Integration is back!

W00T!!!

Dude, This has been a dream for me.. Even more than the Camera. I am loading Now.

P, you should dedicate the GV workng to JLevy73, GD, and PhonePersona. We bugged you and bugged, and now.. the bug is GONE!..

GV Coming Back Made this AN OFFICIAL DESIRE!

Guest sealos
Just tested a .divx File and all I can say is

OH SNAP!!!

JimmyFraser... this ROM has AVI / DIVX playback? I thought DIVX support was coming post-Desire launch?

Sealos