MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Thank You Persona.. ! Duh! it is US.. haha what a dumb question i asked..

Thanks..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GodDriven
JimmyFraser... this ROM has AVI / DIVX playback? I thought DIVX support was coming post-Desire launch?

Sealos

Yes.. CONFIRMED..

AS STATED BEFORE BY OUR FELLOW FORUM MEMBER..

I FIRED IT UP AND VIOLA IT WORKS..

THANKS P, Again and again..

Guest Killer X

Hey everybody...

just finished installing the alpha 16 on my Nexus!! I'm very happy (i even thk i'll donate to modaco :) )! Rly, this is good stuff!

However i have a problem. Cant access my SD card throw my PC when my N1 is connected. Is this normal?

Thks!

Guest Tendulkar

Hii,i am also having that same browser issue. ;)

The phone is working pretty okay.But the problem is web browser and Android market is not loading up,everytime i am opening it,it starts to load up but then stops and displays web page not available.

But the wired thing is that i am able to use gmail,twitter,facebook via widgets only, not through browser. :)

i am on vodafone,india network,,never have that issue earlier,,i think its one of a major bug in this rom

If anyone please help it out.

Guest PhonePersona
Yes I have the same problem please help!!!

I dont get the 3G Icon (never there anyways) and I dont get the H signal either. When i try to use the browser or any apps is not picking up in Data Connectivity...

Paul Help Us!!!

C'mon.

You can't expect Paul to do everything for us.

Enter your APN settings manually.

At some point this issue will be addressed properly, I'm sure.

Hey everybody...

just finished installing the alpha 16 on my Nexus!! I'm very happy (i even thk i'll donate to modaco :) )! Rly, this is good stuff!

However i have a problem. Cant access my SD card throw my PC when my N1 is connected. Is this normal?

Thks!

Did you mount the SD card using the MountUSB app?

Guest GodDriven
Hey everybody...

Thks!

YOU THINK? YOU'LL DONATE.. ? JK.. We know you will.

Umm. Mount USb installed on your flash already or AutoMount, MY Fav..

Guest GodDriven
Hii,i am also having that same browser issue. ;)

The phone is working pretty okay.But the problem is web browser and Android market is not loading up,everytime i am opening it,it starts to load up but then stops and displays web page not available.

But the wired thing is that i am able to use gmail,twitter,facebook via widgets only, not through browser. :)

i am on vodafone,india network,,never have that issue earlier,,i think its one of a major bug in this rom

If anyone please help it out.

Find the APN settings for your area. This is happening to ALL of us.. P, must be very tired and is trying to keep up with all the demands not to mention the project...

It's like mixed.. It will be cool soon.. !

Guest duderuud
Having trouble setting up IMAP (SSL/port 993) account, it says "verifying account information" but then just drops back to the config screen. Exchange/Google setup works ok.

This is on a completely wiped, fresh install.

I also use SSL IMAP but no problems here...

Guest PhonePersona
Hey Guys since I just woke up, I get bits and pieces as I read from where I left off.. from page 153! last night damn, things move fast on a release..

Is this issue in the US?

I noticed when I first turned on it says 'Limited Connectivity" I wondered? Never, Never seen a signal issue ever in my area, I live in the burbs in NJ but NY is only 20 MINS from me, so signal is not the Issue, Matter a fact, we get the HIGHEST HSPDA than any other location but Europe.. LOL..

Yeah, APN settings don't seem to auto-populate.

Manual entry seems to work just fine though.

Guest PhonePersona

Possible Bug: When you have the home screens in 'pinched' mode, you can no longer rearrange the location of the home screens by dragging them around.

They appear to be fixed in this ROM, whilst in earlier ROMS they were interactive.

Guest fabiocampos
Camera works in DARK! Beautiful! Thank you, Paul!

Question: Forgive my ignorance, but is it necessary to install the gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip, (Google Apps?), or does the Kitchen already include this? Again, please forgive my ignorance.

Hi gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip, (Google Apps?) is only CyanogenMOD based ROMs.

:)

Guest Tendulkar
Find the APN settings for your area. This is happening to ALL of us.. P, must be very tired and is trying to keep up with all the demands not to mention the project...

It's like mixed.. It will be cool soon.. !

as i have already stated,i have manually entered the settings,,all the widgets facebook,gmail,twitter & gtalk are working pretty fine ;) but when i go to web browser specifically to browse, it just doesn't load :)

Guest metatron
I also use SSL IMAP but no problems here...

Hmm. just tried SSL IMAP to Google and that does work. My one is still messing about though, which is odd .. more digging methinks. thanks.

Guest Killer X
YOU THINK? YOU'LL DONATE.. ? JK.. We know you will.

Umm. Mount USb installed on your flash already or AutoMount, MY Fav..

Thk u guyz!!!

I'm still hesitating between donating n buying a premium account, coz i need the alpha 17 with Car Home and 3D Galery, A2SD, boot sound etc. Is there another ways to get a complete ROM other than having a premium account?

Thks!

Guest lp1527

I'm still having a weird SYNC issue, seems to be related to Facebook Sync for Sense.... says it syncs / is syncing but won't actually match to any of my contacts, and the sync icon just hangs in the status bar but is not present in menu sync options for FB for Sense...

Any thoughts?

Guest PhonePersona

Wait a second...This ROM is NOT De-ODEXed is it?

Could this be why my system keeps crashing when I try to install the clear status bar 'framework-res.apk'?

Guest metatron
Hmm. just tried SSL IMAP to Google and that does work. My one is still messing about though, which is odd .. more digging methinks. thanks.

Hmmm, something strange is going on, my IMAP server isn't getting passed my userid etc:

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective snmpd[3336]: Connection from UDP: [194.176.94.23]:45789

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective last message repeated 4 times

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: connection from ?

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: shutting down (client disconnected) - read:24 bytes, wrote:225 bytes.

Confused.

Guest GodDriven
Thk u guyz!!!

I'm still hesitating between donating n buying a premium account, coz i need the alpha 17 with Car Home and 3D Galery, A2SD, boot sound etc. Is there another ways to get a complete ROM other than having a premium account?

Thks!

It's Cool.. It is always up to your own discretion.. It always is..

But.. Without a sub, you will not get anything but STOCK Desire..

Subs are for the GOODIES.. and these GOODIES make you pass out. They Do..

I myself dint go with Premium.. There is No need if your a User of one product.. Like the Android side of things..

But if you do premium any apps he has featured which are paid, or Pro, you get these updates via MoDaCo. Plus MOre and MOre, he has a LIST..!

AdFree.. Allows the Kitchen... to Do it. Custom Ingredients.. Etc..

Addition:

I read some of you stating that You have been unemployed, without a Job and helpless. I wish P can hold a contest, game, or just plain Ol' hand out some free subs.. Which HE CAN DO. but the idea is this.. Donations come from the Heart, your appreciation is shown through this.. ! Ya know.. It shows how much you appreciate the COUNTLESS hours P spends on this. The days and NIGHTS he spends day dreaming of a better concept.. A better way of things.. See. he doesn't have to.. As a matter of a fact, I will say it like this.. He can CLOSE SHOP now and leave, and there is NOTHING YOU OR ANY OF US can do to STOP him.

It's not the money, Donations, Nor the fame or the Glory which allows him to do this.. It is the LOVE, PASSION, the FUN< FUN < FUN you get when you see others who couldn't do it themselves and you were able to for ALL of them, NOT ONE, ALL of them..

So think well and see how it goes..

Guest PhonePersona
Hmmm, something strange is going on, my IMAP server isn't getting passed my userid etc:

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective snmpd[3336]: Connection from UDP: [194.176.94.23]:45789

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective last message repeated 4 times

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: connection from ?

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: shutting down (client disconnected) - read:24 bytes, wrote:225 bytes.

Confused.

Make sure your keyboard isn't being flaky and entering a space or wrong character at some point when you're entering your password.

Try switching keyboards and see if that works after a reboot.

Guest PhonePersona
I read some of you stating that You have been unemployed, without a Job and helpless. I wish P can hold a contest, game, or just plain Ol' hand out some free subs.. Which HE CAN DO. but the idea is this.. Donations come from the Heart, your appreciation is shown through this.. ! Ya know.. It shows how much you appreciate the COUNTLESS hours P spends on this. The days and NIGHTS he spends day dreaming of a better concept.. A better way of things.. See. he doesn't have to.. As a matter of a fact, I will say it like this.. He can CLOSE SHOP now and leave, and there is NOTHING YOU OR ANY OF US can do to STOP him.

It's not the money, Donations, Nor the fame or the Glory which allows him to do this.. It is the LOVE, PASSION, the FUN< FUN < FUN you get when you see others who couldn't do it themselves and you were able to for ALL of them, NOT ONE, ALL of them..

So think well and see how it goes..

+1