MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest karnovaran
i am using titanium backup. does anyone know the exact file in there that will re-apply my home setup of icons settings? there is alot of HTC stuff in there.

I'm not sure one exists, but if it does that would be fantastic.

Guest Stea1thmode
inf;

nop.

but I did partition sdcard after installing RA-nexus-v1.6.2:

1. partition sdcard - > partition sd -> create swap size of 512MB and ex2 size 512MB abd FAT32 remainder

2. upgraded ex2 to ex4

3. loaded the AL17 zip file using adb push

4. used recovery to flash the AL17 zip file -> ended successfully.

what did i missed?

Tnx

Your swap is awfully large, but if you must 32 mb wont hurt anybody, i personally dont feel the need to use it.

Guest polo79
I'm not sure one exists, but if it does that would be fantastic.

it does. when i restore all it pops back up with my icons arranged. but i don't want to restore all, just that one file. anyone know?

Guest rasmusjv

Hi,

I've just wiped my N1 and installed A17 on my N1, everything works awesome :-)

But... I have one MAJOR problem.. Everytime I try to write a message (SMS/MMS) longer than 160 chrs (the split) and it splits in 2,3 SMS's and I press "Send" the "Message" application says "Cannot deliver after several attempts..." or something like that :-( This means I cannot write loong Text Messages :-(

Anyone with similar issue? This makes the ROM pretty useless "to me" :-(

Thanks again!

- RasmusJV

Guest Stea1thmode
inf;

tnx

can I used the AL17 ROM backed with the A2SD?

should I redefine the ex2/3/4 partition?

guy

i stick with ext2, ive read a few places that it kills your sdcard quicker

Guest skydart
Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

PhonePersona, did you intentionally leave teh "0" off of the MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50? Should it read 216.155.165.050? Please advise.

Edited by skydart

Guest GodDriven
PhonePersona, did you intentionally leave teh "0" off of the MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50? Should it read 216.155.165.050? Please advise.

@ YOU.. lol..

No its right.. Type everything as is..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GodDriven
I typed everything as it appears, and still nothing. I have no data connection!!

HELP!!

Did you press back, then choose the NEW apn you made..

Did you press save via the menu when you wrote the new apn.

Did you even activate it after doing.. Step By step..

Let us KNow..?

Guest 18.4009

All I can say is wow! Did the full upgrade all from my phone and everything works perfect. Camera is flawless now also.

Thanks a million Paul for making the nexus one rock!

Guest joelee
Hmmm, something strange is going on, my IMAP server isn't getting passed my userid etc:

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective snmpd[3336]: Connection from UDP: [194.176.94.23]:45789

Mar 19 14:42:13 collective last message repeated 4 times

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: connection from ?

Mar 19 14:42:20 collective bincimap-up[31897]: shutting down (client disconnected) - read:24 bytes, wrote:225 bytes.

Confused.

I'm having similar problem on my Dovecot IMAP/SMTP server & Zimbra IMAP/SMTP server. Both IMAP & SMTP on SSL are having problems, log files show it connects and then disconnects without any reason. It works when I switched to TLS.

I have no problem with IMAP & SMTP on SSL until Alpha 16. I suspect Alpha 17 no longer accepts expired SSL certificates or certs signed by unknown CA.

Guest lp1527
Please do. That would narrow down the problem to removing Friendstream. I wasn't sure if Android contacts was causing an issue and didn't bother rebaking different ROMs to find out.

I can confirm, that was it!!! If custom baking a version of the rom, do NOT omit Friendstream or Facebook Sync for Sense WILL hang in sync!!!! I rebaked with Friendstream included (still omitted stock contacts) and all works perfectly now.

Thanks for the suggestion Karnovaran, this was driving me crazy!!

Guest JonnyRockets
I think by "OH SNAP!" we can be pretty certain that it worked like a charm :)

Can anyone give more details on this?

Do all DivX files work? Or has anyone found a DivX file that hasn't worked?

Any resolution, or only a specific subset?

Do Xvid files work?

Mkv?

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest PhonePersona
I wiped factory and dalvick cache, installed a17, cant get a data connection at all. Tried it twice. I ended up nandroid restoring back to a16. Anyone else experiencing this?

Seriously folks.

Here's an easy trick to follow.

When a new ROM is released....go to the page where Paul announced the release and just READ thru from that point to see what others have experienced after installing the new ROM.

Most times its no more than 4-5 pages and more importantly, it will help bring you up to speed on what issues and solutions are out there even before you've installed the ROM.

It also helps avoid having the same question asked again and again.

Just my 2 cents.

Guest ethos99

I performed a Wipe and then I loaded A17 and started loading my apps back and ran out of space... I know there is a fix such as apps2sd, can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to do it?

Guest GodDriven
Seriously folks.

Here's an easy trick to follow.

When a new ROM is released....go to the page where Paul announced the release and just READ thru from that point to see what others have experienced after installing the new ROM.

Most times its no more than 4-5 pages and more importantly, it will help bring you up to speed on what issues and solutions are out there even before you've installed the ROM.

It also helps avoid having the same question asked again and again.

Just my 2 cents.

!

Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!) < Thank Him.. The one who told you to READ.. It sucks we know it too. But we ALL have to READ.. Your Welcome!

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Guest GodDriven
I performed a Wipe and then I loaded A17 and started loading my apps back and ran out of space... I know there is a fix such as apps2sd, can someone point me in the right direction to learn how to do it?

http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

This rom is automatic. You don't have to do anything but bake it in the Kitchen and have your sd card partitioned.

Use your recovery, AMon RA is the easiest. Select Partition SD Card it will Guide You..

BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 'WHOLE' SD CARD BEFORE DOING SO.. LIKE, HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WHEN YOU MOUNT THE DEVICE, THEN COPY TO A FOLDER ON YOUR MAC/WACK-WINDOWS

Edited by GodDriven

Guest PhonePersona

I'm Sorry...the zero should definitely be there :)

Totally exhausted.

I had a firecracker in my bed yesterday and she kept me up all night.

Guest PhonePersona
I'm having similar problem on my Dovecot IMAP/SMTP server & Zimbra IMAP/SMTP server. Both IMAP & SMTP on SSL are having problems, log files show it connects and then disconnects without any reason. It works when I switched to TLS.

I have no problem with IMAP & SMTP on SSL until Alpha 16. I suspect Alpha 17 no longer accepts expired SSL certificates or certs signed by unknown CA.

Can you import the CA key chain credentials into your phone and do a handshake of some sort? Thereby making it known?

Guest karnovaran
I can confirm, that was it!!! If custom baking a version of the rom, do NOT omit Friendstream or Facebook Sync for Sense WILL hang in sync!!!! I rebaked with Friendstream included (still omitted stock contacts) and all works perfectly now.

Thanks for the suggestion Karnovaran, this was driving me crazy!!

Awesome :) It drove me nuts too.

Paul, you might want to mention in the Kitchen that Friendstream must be included for proper Facebook functionality. Thanks for the great ROM as always.

Guest DagsJT

Just tried Alpha 17, first time using this ROM, and it's excellent!

Is it possible to merge contacts on Desire? It seems when I merged them with the Cyanogen ROM that it hasn't carried over to Desire.