MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
Is this rom still running flash lite? Nothing on hulu loads, anyone have different experience?

everything IS RUNNING FLASH LITE..! :)

Until you don't see ADOBE RELEASE 10.1 it's flash lite.

Oh YOU WILL KNOW WHE IT IS RELEASED. TOO .

Guest AndrewTan

Update review on Alpha 17:

What is Cool:

- Base on Final Desire ROM

What is FIX:

- The camera flash completely fix, now is awesome.

- No more graphics gritch issue, all is running fine now.

What is not working:

- The extra widget always download failure, I can view it but unable to download it.

When this ROM could be as Final:

- Bluetooth fully working.

- Radio working (since already can tune channel, I believe this is comign soon)

- More smoother performance especially when using live wallpaper.

Bravo! Paul! You done a extremely great job and turn miracle to reality. Love it! Thanks you so much. :)

Desire ROM is way too cool, Love it too much, I think I will stick to it at the moment.

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest karnovaran

One thing I really like about this update is that the Desire messaging app is using a more appropriate font size now. I was really annoyed by the gigantic text on past ROMs.

Edit - and contact pictures show up in the all threads view now.. it's a nice touch.

Edited by karnovaran

Guest JonnyRockets
Seriously folks.

Here's an easy trick to follow.

When a new ROM is released....go to the page where Paul announced the release and just READ thru from that point to see what others have experienced after installing the new ROM.

Most times its no more than 4-5 pages and more importantly, it will help bring you up to speed on what issues and solutions are out there even before you've installed the ROM.

It also helps avoid having the same question asked again and again.

Just my 2 cents.

It would be better if Paul posted **RIGHT** next to the download link a link to the post where he announced it. Something like "CLICK HERE to read all posts following the release of the new ROM".

Then everyone clicks download, clicks to go to the post, and starts reading all the issues people are posting on it.

Just a suggestion for Paul to make things easier...

Guest kam187
Update review on Alpha 17:

What is Cool:

- Base on Final Desire ROM

What is FIX:

- The camera flash completely fix, now is awesome.

- No more graphics gritch issue, all is running fine now.

What is not working:

- The extra widget always download failure, I can view it but unable to download it.

When this ROM could be as Final:

- Bluetooth fully working.

- Radio working (since already can tune channel, I believe this is comign soon)

- More smoother performance especially when using live wallpaper.

Bravo! Paul! You done a extremely great job and turn miracle to reality. Love it! Thanks you so much. :)

Desire ROM is way too cool, Love it too much, I think I will stick to it at the moment.

Something like this right under the download link might stop lots of posts asking the same thing too!

Guest polo79

does anyone else have issues with "news and weather widget" where it basicly has two different articles showing at the same time on the widget and everything is blurry and white? its been in previous desire ROMs. any fixes?

Edited by polo79

Guest PhonePersona
Just tried Alpha 17, first time using this ROM, and it's excellent!

Is it possible to merge contacts on Desire? It seems when I merged them with the Cyanogen ROM that it hasn't carried over to Desire.

Please explain

Guest DagsJT

Found an odd issue with Footprints where the camera is on a 90 degree angle different to how I'm holding the phone itself. Quite confusing! The accelerometer seems to be completely out of line in the app and it's registering movements wrong as well.

Edited by DagsJT

Guest DagsJT
Please explain

Have found out how to join contacts now. It hasn't imported Facebook contact photos but the contacts are joinable at least :)

Guest PhonePersona
It would be better if Paul posted **RIGHT** next to the download link a link to the post where he announced it. Something like "CLICK HERE to read all posts following the release of the new ROM".

Then everyone clicks download, clicks to go to the post, and starts reading all the issues people are posting on it.

Just a suggestion for Paul to make things easier...

...And maybe after that, he could come to everyone's house, sit beside them and help them bake, download and flash the ROM, just so we can all get that personal touch we all love so much!

Look man, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but there's gotta be an extent to which people expect a person to hold their hands.

And this most certainly isn't kindergarten. A certain level of technical proficiency isn't just requested for phone modding, its REQUIRED!

Clearly most people on this forum have managed to log on to their computers, log in to Modaco (User ID and Password required), bake and/or download ROMS and then POST their questions, issues and problems.

Are you seriously telling me that these same people can't be expected to take some initiative by simply READING earlier posts?

Wow! Its a brave new world.

Not sure I like it.

Guest jwhipple
I wiped factory and dalvick cache, installed a17, cant get a data connection at all. Tried it twice. I ended up nandroid restoring back to a16. Anyone else experiencing this?

Exact same issue here. Were you able to figure out what the problem was? If so, please let me know!

Guest paesan

Finally flashed over to the alpha 17. Awesome!!!. One thing though. I can't seem to get into the menu to manually setup the APN. I go to settings- wireless & networks-access point names comes up blank. What am I doing wrong.

Guest PhonePersona
Found an odd issue with Footprints where the camera is on a 90 degree angle different to how I'm holding the phone itself. Quite confusing! The accelerometer seems to be completely out of line in the app and it's registering movements wrong as well.

This is a known issue and there's postings on it.

Try doing a search (Lower left hand corner of bottom post)

Guest lindarose84
Finally flashed over to the alpha 17. Awesome!!!. One thing though. I can't seem to get into the menu to manually setup the APN. I go to settings- wireless & networks-access point names comes up blank. What am I doing wrong.

You have to hit the menu button to add a new apn when you're in the apn screen.

Guest cortez
from the same screen, hit the menu softkey and select add or New... :) Edited by cortez

Guest jlevy73
Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Strange used all these settings saved them and not getting a data connection. Any thoughts?

Guest randallrld
Strange used all these settings saved them and not getting a data connection. Any thoughts?

Wow are people really having this much difficulty getting something simple as APN setup LOL Whats going on out here.

After getting all the APN settings input correctly, and triple check to make sure everything is correct no miss spelled words or numbers. Hit Menu and save the APN. Finally Under Settings - > Wireless n Networks -> Put a Check Mark on ((Mobile Network)) "Use Phone for Data when WiFi is Unavailable.

after that problem solved.

If people are able to root and flash recovery ect... We shouldnt have this manny posts about apn LOL

Do some reading and common sense knowledge of how to use your phone people LOL. WOW

Edited by randallrld

Guest paesan
You have to hit the menu button to add a new apn when you're in the apn screen.

Duh, now why didn't I think of that.............lol. Thanks it worked like a charm.

Guest ascito

Installed alpha17, great ROM! I found the following bugs:

- adding widget, in the widget menu some of them are missing their icons: HTC Stock Exchange, HTC Meteo.

- HTC Contacts widget doesn't show any group to select...so I can't set it. If I set a predefined profile with HTC contacts, I can see my favourite listed. But if I want to add it manually in a custom profile, I can't.

That's all for me...

THX so much Paul!

P.S. I made a search before posting, and under HTC Contacts I didn't found anything related to this issue. It's being stressing to post here...afraid to double post...

:)

Edited by ascito

Guest JonnyRockets
...And maybe after that, he could come to everyone's house, sit beside them and help them bake, download and flash the ROM, just so we can all get that personal touch we all love so much!

Look man, I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but there's gotta be an extent to which people expect a person to hold their hands.

And this most certainly isn't kindergarten. A certain level of technical proficiency isn't just requested for phone modding, its REQUIRED!

Clearly most people on this forum have managed to log on to their computers, log in to Modaco (User ID and Password required), bake and/or download ROMS and then POST their questions, issues and problems.

Are you seriously telling me that these same people can't be expected to take some initiative by simply READING earlier posts?

Wow! Its a brave new world.

Not sure I like it.

CLEARLY and I mean seriously, if you have been reading here for more than 5 minutes, it should be **INSANELY and RIDICULOUSLY** obvious that people are asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm not sure how a SINGLE link equates to kindergarten style hand-holding but the level of douchebaggery displayed in your post is completely unnecessary.

A single link would be extremely helpful for people to find all the comments and issues for a new build, AND for those of us who are frequent readers so we don't have to wade through the crap of repeated questions.

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest jlevy73
Wow are people really having this much difficulty getting something simple as APN setup LOL Whats going on out here.

After getting all the APN settings input correctly, and triple check to make sure everything is correct no miss spelled words or numbers. Hit Menu and save the APN. Finally Under Settings - > Wireless n Networks -> Put a Check Mark on ((Mobile Network)) "Use Phone for Data when WiFi is Unavailable.

after that problem solved.

If people are able to root and flash recovery ect... We shouldnt have this manny posts about apn LOL

Do some reading and common sense knowledge of how to use your phone people LOL. WOW

Wow what a very bright person you are. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Seriously if you don't have anything useful to say keep your sarcastic comments to yourself. People are looking for help, not some smart ass.

Guest PhonePersona
CLEARLY and I mean seriously, if you have been reading here for more than 5 minutes, it should be **INSANELY and RIDICULOUSLY** obvious that people are asking the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm not sure how a SINGLE link equates to kindergarten style hand-holding but the level of douchebaggery displayed in your post is completely unnecessary.

A single link would be extremely helpful for people to find all the comments and issues for a new build, AND for those of us who are frequent readers so we don't have to wade through the crap of repeated questions.

Call me names if you want.

I won't sink to the level of hurling insults.

Not my thing.

If its so 'easy' to create a link, I'm wondering why you haven't done it....

Guest LilRedzMD
Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!)

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

THANKS LP1527 UR A LIFESAVER! I WAS GOING NUTS!

PAUL,

Awesome once again cant wait for the RC...

Guest jlevy73
Call me names if you want.

I won't sink to the level of hurling insults.

Not my thing.

If its so 'easy' to create a link, I'm wondering why you haven't done it....

Seriously LOL, did you read your response to this member. If that is not an insult, Webster's needs a new definition.