MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sftechiegirl

Delurking for a quick question.

I baked a few ROMs last night after making my donation (very well deserved). Now I have 3 ROMs with long names. Can I change the names of the ROM so I can better recognize what is in the ROM that I had baked?

Guest PhonePersona
Seriously LOL, did you read your response to this member. If that is not an insult, Webster's needs a new definition.

Honestly, I didn't mean it as one.

And I certainly wasn't personifying.

I made a comment and it was challenged, so I responded.

I just see an incredibly high level of entitlement on this forum that I can't understand.

Paul does research

Paul sources the data

Paul creates the ROMS

Paul sets up the kitchen

Paul solves problems on the fly

I just think WE as consumers of his hard work could put in a little bit of effort on our parts and put in less in the way of expectation.

Its a forum.

There a tools readily at our disposal to search for and find answers to questions...and somehow still that's not enough.

I don't get it.

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest AndrewTan
Installed alpha17, great ROM! I found the following bugs:

- adding widget, in the widget menu some of them are missing their icons: HTC Stock Exchange, HTC Meteo.

- HTC Contacts widget doesn't show any group to select...so I can't set it. If I set a predefined profile with HTC contacts, I can see my favourite listed. But if I want to add it manually in a custom profile, I can't.

That's all for me...

THX so much Paul!

P.S. I made a search before posting, and under HTC Contacts I didn't found anything related to this issue. It's being stressing to post here...afraid to double post...

:)

Kindly wipe and reflash, all posted isssue above will gone.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Hi,

I've just wiped my N1 and installed A17 on my N1, everything works awesome :-)

But... I have one MAJOR problem.. Everytime I try to write a message (SMS/MMS) longer than 160 chrs (the split) and it splits in 2,3 SMS's and I press "Send" the "Message" application says "Cannot deliver after several attempts..." or something like that :-( This means I cannot write loong Text Messages :-(

Anyone with similar issue? This makes the ROM pretty useless "to me" :-(

Thanks again!

- RasmusJV

I have the same problem. Reverted to stock messaging application and the problem is gone... a rebake is in order for you!

Guest anthdroid
It would be better if Paul posted **RIGHT** next to the download link a link to the post where he announced it. Something like "CLICK HERE to read all posts following the release of the new ROM".

Then everyone clicks download, clicks to go to the post, and starts reading all the issues people are posting on it.

Just a suggestion for Paul to make things easier...

I understand the suggestion, but forums don't operate that way...by using the search feature at the bottom of each page, people would be able to effectively look for answers without double posting or triple or quadruple to the 3rd power. :)

The fix is not in Paul changing his method, it's in each of us changing our own methods.

Besides we're geeks, if you don't have time to read- stick with stock!

Delurking for a quick question.

I baked a few ROMs last night after making my donation (very well deserved). Now I have 3 ROMs with long names. Can I change the names of the ROM so I can better recognize what is in the ROM that I had baked?

Yes you can change the name. The long string in the name is the md5sum so that you can check if your download is corrupt.

Guest Bay Harbor Butcher

Paul..if you fix bt, radio fm and add a patch for battery percentage instead battery icon you will create the Nexus rom of the year!!!!!

It will be the best rom ever!!!

Guest anthdroid
Finally flashed over to the alpha 17. Awesome!!!. One thing though. I can't seem to get into the menu to manually setup the APN. I go to settings- wireless & networks-access point names comes up blank. What am I doing wrong.

Hit menu button to add APN

Guest jlevy73
Honestly, I didn't mean it as one.

And I certainly wasn't personifying.

I made a comment and it was challenged, so I responded.

I just see an incredibly high level of entitlement on this forum that I can't understand.

Paul does research

Paul sources the data

Paul creates the ROMS

Paul sets up the kitchen

Paul solves problems on the fly

I just think WE as consumers of his hard work could put in a little bit of effort on our parts and put in less in the way of expectation.

Its a forum.

There a tools readily at our disposal to search for and find answers to questions...and somehow still that's not enough.

I don't get it.

I agree and see your point. The majority of people do spend quite a bit of time reading up and trying to understand an issue but unfortunately that's not always good enough. I am a believer that there is no dumb question, only the one not asked. I think what some people forget is that we were all noobs at one point. No one was born with linux hard-wired in our brains. So instead of embracing those with less knowledge they become afraid to ask questions because perhaps they have already search and don't understand. IMO there is nothing more frustrating than telling someone go search but that's just me.

Guest karnovaran

You see roughly 10 dumb questions and think it's everyone, but the Kitchen has generated 531 builds. There are also untold others who have downloaded the prebaked version. So, is 10 people out of say 1,000 enough cause for your rant?

Personally, I get tired of people complaining about this mythical societal stupidity. It's really not that bad, you're just frustrated by the fact that the bottom 1% now have computers as a conduit to bug us.

Guest anthdroid

Okay,

Every forum goes through this at some point, those of us following this thread are no different.

Some of the veteran forum members (or not veteran) get a little peeved with newb questions.

Regardless of your feelings on this issue, may I make one suggestion that should remain

prevalent in the "spirit" of the forums?

Paul does this because he has a passion for hacking and knowledge. We are all the grateful

recipients of that knowledge.

Let's share it in the same manner and spirit Paul has embodied it to us in, problems WILL work

themselves out.

Simple as that.

Personally, the help and general tone in this forum is quite uplifiting in comparison to other forums

I've been involved in for iPhone and Linux hacking previously, and I appreciate that.

Happy hacking this weekend with your new ROMs everyone!

Guest skydart
I'm Sorry...the zero should definitely be there :)

Totally exhausted.

I had a firecracker in my bed yesterday and she kept me up all night.

I just left the house for the day with my Nexus One, and while away from my Wireless router, I do not get any internet access at all, however, I am able to check Gmail, and I can get and send text messages. So, I wiped the phone, and the Devalx cache, and flashed Alpha 17 again. Still having the same issue. As of right now, I have not applied the T-mobile APN suggested by PhonePersona, but will do so now and keep you posted. Here are my current settings without using the T-Moble APN:

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > WI-FI (not checked [intentionally])

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORK (is checked)

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > DATA ROAMING (is checked)

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > NETWORK OPERATORS (T-Mobile)

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > (automatic)

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > ENABLE ALWAYS0ON MOBILE DATA (is checked)

Again, I'm trying to get internet to work while away from my wireless router, (as in, while driving down the road).

I'm going to use these T-Mobile APN settings provided by and corrected by PhonePersona.

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

UPDATE: Even though I did not set up an APN, I told it to RESET to factory default, (vpn settings). Rebooted the phone, and when attempting to access the internet (without going through my wireless router), I get the following error:

"CONNECTION FAILED

This application requires network access. Enable mobile network or Wi-Fi to download data"

Again, my "MOBILE NETWORK" where is says, "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unabailable" IS checked.

I did NOT added a "custom baked" zip to the ROM when getting this from the Kitchen. Again, any help would be deeply appreciated.

Edited by skydart

I just left the house for the day with my Nexus One, and while away from my Wireless router, I do not get any internet access at all, however, I am able to check Gmail, and I can get and send text messages. So, I wiped the phone, and the Devalx cache, and flashed Alpha 17 again. Still having the same issue. As of right now, I have not applied the T-mobile APN suggested by PhonePersona, but will do so now and keep you posted. Here are my current settings without using the T-Moble APN:

SETTINGS > WIRELESS & NETWORKS > MOBILE NETWORKS > ENABLE ALWAYS0ON MOBILE DATA (is checked)

Again, I'm trying to get internet to work while away from my wireless router, (as in, while driving down the road).

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

I had problems with alpha16 where when I would leave the house (wifi) it wouldnt pick up the mobile data network also. I found that I was able to get it to recognize by going into the mobile networks settings and changing the network type to "GSM Only", going back to home screen, wait a minute, then go back into settings and change to "WCDMA/GSM" and it would work. Odd :/

Guest ethos99
http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

This rom is automatic. You don't have to do anything but bake it in the Kitchen and have your sd card partitioned.

Use your recovery, AMon RA is the easiest. Select Partition SD Card it will Guide You..

BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 'WHOLE' SD CARD BEFORE DOING SO.. LIKE, HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WHEN YOU MOUNT THE DEVICE, THEN COPY TO A FOLDER ON YOUR MAC/WACK-WINDOWS

Thanks for the help.

To everyone complaining about questions: I understand people get frustrated with newb questions, but it takes less time to help than to be an ass about it. Some of us don't have time to read 12+ pages since the last ROM came out for answers to a question. When the question and answer are already on the last couple of pages, those people are just lazy, but some of us do try.

Yes its a forum with resources to help us, but part of that resource is discussing issues and asking for help. if you don't want to help. keep reading and ignore people. Some people have wasted more time bitching than they should.

Guest Thetechnogeek
I have the same problem. Reverted to stock messaging application and the problem is gone... a rebake is in order for you!

Edit and update- sending a txt of more than 160 characters does not work with this rom. whether or not you use the stock messaging app or the HTC one. This is a deal breaker for me, so I'm reverting to MCR 2.0. Paul, any suggestions for a fix on this?

Edit: Is anyone else having this problem other than the OP who reported this bug? I really really want a solution!

Edited by Thetechnogeek

Guest joelee
Can you import the CA key chain credentials into your phone and do a handshake of some sort? Thereby making it known?

I can confirm Alpha 17 introduce a new bug on Mail.

You are unable to continue on Mail settings if you have IMAP/SMTP over SSL on server with self generated certificates. On A16 and earlier, we get a security warning dialog to warn us and allow us to continue (missing on A17).

I managed to sort out the problem by restoring Mail data from Titanium Backup (backup while I'm on A16). After restoring & starting Mail, you'll get the security warning dialog, click [Continue], and problem solved!

Guest skydart
I had problems with alpha16 where when I would leave the house (wifi) it wouldnt pick up the mobile data network also. I found that I was able to get it to recognize by going into the mobile networks settings and changing the network type to "GSM Only", going back to home screen, wait a minute, then go back into settings and change to "WCDMA/GSM" and it would work. Odd :/

I did as you have suggested to no avail. I then set it to GSM ONLY, and still nothing. I then rebooted and attempted to access the internet again without going through my Wi-Fi and again, it would not allow me to access the internet. Could T-Mobile be having Data Internet issues? Can anyone confirm?

I turned "MOBILE NETWORK" off, then on again after the reboot, and after waiting a while for it to "Turn On" [is says, "Turning On . . .], it just hangs there "Turning On . . ." So, after a bit, I went back to home screen, then back to "Mobile Network" and it is now checked, but still no internet without Wi-Fi.

Guest lyrikal757

"CONNECTION FAILED

This application requires network access. Enable mobile network or Wi-Fi to download data"

Again, my "MOBILE NETWORK" where is says, "Use phone for data connection when Wi-Fi is unabailable" IS checked.

I did NOT added a "custom baked" zip to the ROM when getting this from the Kitchen. Again, any help would be deeply appreciated.

Have you put in the apn settings yet? Try it and then update us. It should work once you have the apn settings in there.

Guest PhonePersona
You see roughly 10 dumb questions and think it's everyone, but the Kitchen has generated 531 builds. There are also untold others who have downloaded the prebaked version. So, is 10 people out of say 1,000 enough cause for your rant?

Personally, I get tired of people complaining about this mythical societal stupidity. It's really not that bad, you're just frustrated by the fact that the bottom 1% now have computers as a conduit to bug us.

Actually, I haven't complained about people being stupid or asking 'dumb' questions.

Although some of the questions asked are colorful, I don't consider them dumb.

I also didn't know I was ranting.

If someone asks for help and I can provide it. I do.

And I'm not a 'n00b' basher or have any high opinions of my position here.

I seek to learn, hope to teach and strive to grow.

Its a forum and we are all equals here.

But that attitude swings both ways, doesn't it?

People get almost instantaneously combative and are ready to throw down because someone bluntly points out the inequities of expectations and efforts and then I get vilified on top of it.

Okay, so be it.

My apologies for hurting feelings by 'ranting' on about something I truly believe is substantive and worthy of mention.

I certainly wasn't trying to elicit a 'knuckle up' Pavlovian response from anyone.

I save my fights for the Dojo.

Namaste`

Guest bakano

hahaha hello everyone! So this Alpha 17 is REALLY fun!

So Paul, this is my bug... i have no way to connect to any voice calls. I've tried that APN thing. I've tried the alternate apn list. hahah i'm actually enjoying that people can only contact me through texts... and even a lot of texts are messing up. I'm honestly extremely grateful to be part of this alpha experience =)

I'm sure my ignorance doesn't help you too much...

but anyway I unchecked the mobile network box that says to use phone for internet connection and re checked it. and a voicemail appeared... but I can't call it lol

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!! =D

and thanks for all the work Paul!

Guest skydart
Have you put in the apn settings yet? Try it and then update us. It should work once you have the apn settings in there.

I did implement the T-Mobile APN, and it "does" work but it's extremely slow, and only utilizes the Edge network. Switched to the "GSM/WCDMA auto", but no difference. It's still very very slow. The "E" is the only thing that displays over the up and down arrows next to the bars in the menu at the top. Any advise on how to get a faster connection?

Guest lars1110

im also haveing a problem connecting to tmobile usa's wireless 3g or 2g network ive tried everything from setting apn's to going into *#*#4636#*#* and selecting usa bands and clicking enable data and im getting nothing :/ any suggestions anyone

I've put the previous APN file in the kitchen, if you're a kitchen user rebake to get the T-Mo US APNs etc in your ROM. I'll update prebaked when I have time (visitors here for the weekend!)

P

Guest christonge

Loving this new build... here are few observations

Improvements on previous builds:

1. Speed and battery life (noticeable difference)

2. Big graphical improvement (calender fonts and alarms)

3. Camera flash (synced) & zoom (working) !!!!

4. HTC Get more Widgets working

5. Twiiter client has been updated so all @s appear now

6. Weather appears at the bottom of calender dates

7. Bookmark thumbnails appear now !!!

8. Improved browser speed (noticeable difference)

9. Contacts better font sizing and Facebook integration has returned to a more familar Hero Sense version ;-)

Not far off a near perfect ROM... just a few issues like the captive button lights, but I know Paul is on it so that'll soon be sorted :)

Only one thing left to say... TRULY EXCELLENT WORK MATE!!!!!

Edited by christonge

Guest skydart
I've put the previous APN file in the kitchen, if you're a kitchen user rebake to get the T-Mo US APNs etc in your ROM. I'll update prebaked when I have time (visitors here for the weekend!)

P

PAUL, you are my NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!!