MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Thetechnogeek
Loving this new build... here are few observations

Improvements on previous builds:

1. Speed and battery life (noticeable difference)

2. Big graphical improvement (calender fonts and alarms)

3. Camera flash (synced) & zoom (working) !!!!

4. HTC Get more Widgets working

5. Twiiter client has been updated so all @s appear now

6. Weather appears at the bottom of calender dates

7. Bookmark thumbnails appear now !!!

8. Improved browser speed (noticeable difference)

9. Contacts better font sizing and Facebook integration has returned to a more familar Hero Sense version ;-)

Not far off a near perfect ROM... just a few issues like the captive button lights, but I know Paul is on it so that'll soon be sorted :)

Only one thing left to say... TRULY EXCELLENT WORK MATE!!!!!

Truly excellent work indeed. I hope the SMS issue can also be solved, then I'll be an even happier bunny. I live for txts and not being able to send concatenated (eg more than 160 characters) is a major drawback- much more so than the lights for me ;)

Guest jlevy73

For those having APN troubles WHO DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE KITCHEN try this suggested method posted by XDA member Bendotson:

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: none

Password: ****

Server: *

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 310

MNC:260

Authentication Type: Not set

APN Type: not set

That is the whole list at the very top I left out Name: T-Mobile US

Make sure all of these settings are right then do a soft reset, power down and a battery pull, wait 10 seconds replace battery power on. If that doesnt work I would do a factory reset, then check the settings to make sure they match the above.

If that doesnt work I would call HTC and ask them to send you a new unit. Mine works fine now. I did do a factory reset the other day to get my picasa albums to sync. I didnt have a picasa account when i first set up the phone so it didnt sync. The factory reset did it though!

Guest jlevy73
I was able to Bluetooth pair this ROM with a Motorola S9 headset using the 'Discoverable' trick.

That's not the issue. Turn your bluetooth off then turn it on, it won't reconnect (at least not without going through the discoverable trick). Furthermore, while it may be on now you will notice than especially on incoming calls, even with it connected, audio will get routed to the phone. I have found a little more success with other kernels like persian's OC/UV.

Guest Docmjldds
You signed up for Ad Free, the Full version of Titanium is for MoDaCo Plus members. Ad Free gets you ad freeness and the kitchen. :)

P

Hmmm..... I am a Plus member and I just looked at my Titanium Backup Info. It says Free version. It has a checkbox for $3.99 bottom right of app for donate version. Anyplace I can go to get a link for the full version? I haven't flashed up past 15 but I have used the kitchen ever since I have been a Plus member here.

Never mind...Just saw a post to another user about grabbing license in the Plus members lounge. Be heading there after going thru current posts.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest mjfadeawayperfct

Earlier today, I tried to install this ROM onto an AT&T 3G compatible Nexus One, and while the install process seemed to go just fine, upon reboot, it got endlessly stuck reloading the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen over and over again. Has anyone successfully gotten this up and running on an AT&T Nexus, and if so, how can I get around this problem? Thanks.

Guest jlevy73
Earlier today, I tried to install this ROM onto an AT&T 3G compatible Nexus One, and while the install process seemed to go just fine, upon reboot, it got endlessly stuck reloading the 'HTC quietly brilliant' screen over and over again. Has anyone successfully gotten this up and running on an AT&T Nexus, and if so, how can I get around this problem? Thanks.

Were you coming from another Rom? If so, did you make sure to wipe everything before installing. Lack of a good wipe sometimes results in a boot loop

Guest cortez
did you wipe the data and dalvik cache before flashing? if not, wipe and reflash. this is a requirement when switching to a different ROM vs. an update to an installed ROM.

Guest muncheese

What radio are you guys running that are having issues with not connecting to data?

I had a very similar issue when I updated my radio and then tried to update the libraries for it. Could be a mismatch between radio and new libraries on the phone.

Guest lars1110

just signed up for ad free. its all i can aford at this time :/ but i love the developing on this project i just thought i would help you guys over here out :).

Guest jlevy73
What radio are you guys running that are having issues with not connecting to data?

I had a very similar issue when I updated my radio and then tried to update the libraries for it. Could be a mismatch between radio and new libraries on the phone.

I have tried ERE27 and ERE36/54 and still not working for me either

Guest rashad1
For those having APN troubles WHO DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE KITCHEN try this suggested method posted by XDA member Bendotson:

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: none

Password: ****

Server: *

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS port: 8080

MCC: 310

MNC:260

Authentication Type: Not set

APN Type: not set

That is the whole list at the very top I left out Name: T-Mobile US

Make sure all of these settings are right then do a soft reset, power down and a battery pull, wait 10 seconds replace battery power on. If that doesnt work I would do a factory reset, then check the settings to make sure they match the above.

If that doesnt work I would call HTC and ask them to send you a new unit. Mine works fine now. I did do a factory reset the other day to get my picasa albums to sync. I didnt have a picasa account when i first set up the phone so it didnt sync. The factory reset did it though!

This really helped me out, thanks :-)

I would of been on an 8 hour bus ride without any data connection

Guest muncheese
Get More HTC Widgets don´t works for me :)

Error Message: Download unsucessful ;)

Some help?

Awesome ROM.

Considering the actual desire phone that's gonna use those downloads isn't out yet, their servers probably aren't open to downloads yet. =D

Guest fabiocampos
Considering the actual desire phone that's gonna use those downloads isn't out yet, their servers probably aren't open to downloads yet. =D

Maybe u´re sure!

I waiting :)

Thanks.

Guest muncheese

My titanium back up is a disaster, htc.launcher gets stuck in a loop if I attemp to restore my homescreen layout. =/

I'm also having the data connection issue, Will probalby go back to A16.

Guest hefeglass

I'm using it on a new att nexus..

Works fine....Bluetooth not pairing though...alpha 16 bluetooth worked better for me.

Guest jwhipple

Paul,

I upgraded to an Ad-Free account just as a thanks for the awesome work you've put into this. If I had more to spare I'd go up to the next level, but for now it's just a small token to say THANKS!

Guest GodDriven
My titanium back up is a disaster, htc.launcher gets stuck in a loop if I attemp to restore my homescreen layout. =/

Okay, I'm Back. !

JLevy73, PhonePersona, JohnnyRockets... < You guys remind me when I used to say: I know what you are but what am I? LOL.. I love You guys.. You all just get into each other fancy cause you all THINK almost alike, it happens you know! BUT, without you GUYS or Gals, there would be less people to help, conjoin, and assist.. YOu guys are also part of the backbone of how paul achived his success. By being here, and not being Self-entitled, but just and honest., but, I think JLevy is a Girl? Oh Paul Honey? Ring a bell? I sure as hell wouldn't say this.. LOL. but love is shown in the simplest of words.. So play nice rascals.. LOL. ;)

Now.. http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1222471 < This was a freaking classic post.. YOU should frame that ish.. Lol..

Then: Manually set up the APN, works fine (THANKS PhonePersona!!!) < Thanks PP, this was excellent before P realized the LOSS.. Now its in the Kitchen! YOU Rock.. Now play nice and ROCK with JOHNNY ROCKETS.. LOL.. :P

Borrowed From Christonge:

Improvements on previous builds:

1. Speed and battery life (noticeable difference) THIS IS SOOO.. TRUE.. < For those who don't know.. The phone would only go 6HRS! of full use.. Now, it's normal, like really normal.

2. Big graphical improvement (calender fonts and alarms) < Yes, because the build is not patched.. It's OFFICIAL BABY!!!!

3. Camera flash (synced) & zoom (working) !!!! < I JUST WOKE UP AFTER PASSING OUT WHEN IT WAS FIXED.. LOL.. :P

4. HTC Get more Widgets working < CANNOT install, for you all to know DO NOT ask for NOW, since this might be due to the ACTUAL release of the PHYSICAL DEVICE.. HTC's Wait..

5. Twiiter client has been updated so all @s appear now < Twidroid Pro... IS DUMB NICE!!!!

6. Weather appears at the bottom of calender dates < That was part of me PASSING OUT.. LOL.. For ALL: It's limited to the 5-Day Forcast the Device Generates in total..

7. Bookmark thumbnails appear now !!! < My GOD I didn't think I ACTUALLY missed that little thing.. BUT I DID!!! I DID!!..

8. Improved browser speed (noticeable difference) : JESUS: Somebody CALL a Priest, Paul Needs to BLESSED.. and SANCTIFIED.. Yeah. LOL.. ( I am NOT a Priest) LOL.. :)

9. Contacts better font sizing and Facebook integration has returned to a more familar Hero Sense version ;-) < Cause it's the OFFICIAL CANDIDATE RELEASE BABY!!!

Okay, that was Great, Now for the new ones arriving, that is what has happened. That is A17.. Soon to be RC1

Next: People have passed out, cried, maybe even BOINKED in celebration of this.. We are close, very close.. And All that seems to be needed as a REAL fix is the BT.. BUT we all can live without that, what we can't live without is the DAMN TICKETS.. I was like, my AUDI has in-house blue tooth, like others might have in they're cars, it's like the person sounds like they're in some arena how good it is, it plays their voice through all 6 speakers, while the other four play your music at a level that i don't know how AUDI figured it, but it doesn't overcrowd the person or you, all they have to say is lets get ready to rumble and all you'll need is a crowd to roar in the background, < But I can't use. CAUSE I REFUSE to leave this ROM as most have.. BUT AS WELL, as hard as we try to leave it for the little things that work on others, WE END UP BACK.. Like CRACK phenes, itching for a FIX. ;)

Save $200, Yeah baby!

It has been a pleasure to help all of you, ride with you, learn and grow with you.. See.. it is a requirement to have BASIC technical background to work this RIGHT! But, I conquer to say, that if you don't learn from the BOTTOM, you will never see the TOP!

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GodDriven

My suggestions for you:

Use ADB instead for all your apps:

Like: before you update or leave a rom.. Have all of your apps installed even the ones on your SD card.. Then do what the Info says:

http://jonwestfall.com/2009/08/backup-rest...apps-using-adb/

and:

http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

^^: the second post is for apps2sd.. The script is auto on this. so no need to do ANYTHING, but partition your SD card. And keep it MOVING> SIMPLE right?

BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 'WHOLE' SD CARD BEFORE DOING SO.. LIKE, HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WHEN YOU MOUNT THE DEVICE, THEN COPY TO A FOLDER ON YOUR MAC/WACK-WINDOWS

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1222556 < this is where i helped before with it.. Ask him if you need help, I know, but I dint do, he did..

See. EVEN if you don't know, you did right.. You asked.. !

Guest mcp2009

hey Paul I noticed that one feature that's missing is in the old alpha roms is when u preview the launcher screens u could longpress a screen and move the page around and change the order but u can't now. is there a way to implement this?