MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rashad1
Do the keyboard clicks work for anyone? My keyboard won't stop vibrating when pressed, and it won't click.

Has anyone gotten the keyboard clicks to work with the Alpha 17 ROM?

Guest muncheese
My suggestions for you:

Use ADB instead for all your apps:

Like: before you update or leave a rom.. Have all of your apps installed even the ones on your SD card.. Then do what the Info says:

http://jonwestfall.com/2009/08/backup-rest...apps-using-adb/

and:

http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

^^: the second post is for apps2sd.. The script is auto on this. so no need to do ANYTHING, but partition your SD card. And keep it MOVING> SIMPLE right?

BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 'WHOLE' SD CARD BEFORE DOING SO.. LIKE, HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WHEN YOU MOUNT THE DEVICE, THEN COPY TO A FOLDER ON YOUR MAC/WACK-WINDOWS

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1222556 < this is where i helped before with it.. Ask him if you need help, I know, but I dint do, he did..

See. EVEN if you don't know, you did right.. You asked.. !

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll probably give this a shot tomm, for now I'm gonna put my a16 back on, till I get some more time.

I'm more intersted in putting settings back rather than apps honestly(I have like...8 apps that I use lol), I'm so not looking forward to setting up 7 emails accounts apart from other things . =(

Edited by muncheese

Guest fabiocampos
My suggestions for you:

Use ADB instead for all your apps:

Like: before you update or leave a rom.. Have all of your apps installed even the ones on your SD card.. Then do what the Info says:

http://jonwestfall.com/2009/08/backup-rest...apps-using-adb/

and:

http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/A2SD

^^: the second post is for apps2sd.. The script is auto on this. so no need to do ANYTHING, but partition your SD card. And keep it MOVING> SIMPLE right?

BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR 'WHOLE' SD CARD BEFORE DOING SO.. LIKE, HIGHLIGHT EVERYTHING WHEN YOU MOUNT THE DEVICE, THEN COPY TO A FOLDER ON YOUR MAC/WACK-WINDOWS

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1222556 < this is where i helped before with it.. Ask him if you need help, I know, but I dint do, he did..

See. EVEN if you don't know, you did right.. You asked.. !

Thanks for this information mate. I´m sure this help much members this awesome forum! :)

Cheers

Guest jlevy73
I've been having problem with my data... in A17 my cooked rom does connect. any suggestions

Did you make sure to add the APN settings from the kitchen? That will auto-populate the APN and allow data connection

Guest Kantankerousmind
Did you make sure to add the APN settings from the kitchen? That will auto-populate the APN and allow data connection

i did but it still wouldn't connect... wifi works though...i also added the radio update..and still nothing... :)

Guest jlevy73
i did but it still wouldn't connect... wifi works though...i also added the radio update..and still nothing... :)

Ok try this. Bobude5 at XDA posted these instructions which I just verified work. See if this does the trick:

How to manually input your APN:

1. menu

2. settings

3. Wireless & Networks

4. Mobile Networks

5. Access Point Names

6. Menu

7. New APN

A. Name = T-Mobile US

B. APN = epc.tmobile.com

C. Scroll all the way down

D. APN type = default

E. Menu

F. Save

Guest jlevy73

Make sure to turn Wifi off when inputting the APN info.

Guest Raspster

Hi guys. First I want to say, WOW! Very nice ROM. I have been using windows mobile phones for years and been flashing with them for a long time. Took the plunge into android now that the N1 is out with at&t 3g bands. Did the root thing, installed the latest A17 which is AMAZING! Couple of things... I know the BT is out for now. I can live with that. The problem I have is the LED backlights on the bottom keys. I know that some people have the problem and some do not. I have done alot of research on this problem and really have not found a fix. I did see on XDA that someone gave directions on an ADB setting with the following: cd to /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight. And then: with the screen off, echo 255 > brightness. I did do this and when I do, the lights come on and stay on but the minute I unplug the USB connection, the lights go out and forever! If anyone has any insite on this, I would LOVE to know. My last question is... How long after a notification does the trackball stop blinking? There is no setting to limit the time. I see the option to turn this off on items such as email, SMS, etc. but even if you un-check one of them the trackball will still blink.

Guest Raspster
I can fix the capacitive lights so they stay on all the time when the screen is on. Coming next week.

P

Ahh, just saw this. Sorry guys... Missed this one... Still gotta figure out the trackball light not timing out so my battery does not go dead. LOL

Guest lars1110
When I baked in the kitchen I added A2SD. Do I have manually turn it on, or is it on by default?

suposedly its automated im backing up my sdcard now and im about to wipe my sd card ;) but its for a good cause :) hahaha

Guest GodDriven

OFF TOPIC

Did you guys ever think about somthing?

Who? and When? is the 1 Millionth Person Going to Join?

To Celebrate MoDaCo as a Whole... I will put you to think...

If each member was counted as a US currency sub, the total amount of GRATEFUL and APPRECIATIVE donations will amount to: $45,000,000.

If each member was counted as a UK currency sub the total amount of grateful 'Mates' and 'Lads' :) $29,990,000

If we wanted a dividend of both: $37,495,000 (Average)

So, why did I post this, why did GD do it? I am an individual that see's through very optimistic eyes. I will strain to see the good in bad times.. In sense.. I wanted to do for the man who saved us $200 in these hard times.. In a time where MOST WISH they EVEN had the OPPORTUNITY to be either or in the sub dept. in conjunction with seeing the fall of titans and bulls in the business world. Most have fallen due to either dishonesty, dis-loyalty or dis-honor, to either their employees or customers. All here has been LOVE, FREE service ( In Part) and most of all HONEST.. Especially when peoples hard earned money is invested in one's hands. And all he asked was for donations.. Not a FEE.. Donations... ;)

His WHOLE and MoDaCo as a whole, has been solely based on our review and discretion. We have volunteered and endured artful learning in the process.. as... we have seen the advancement of android. MoDaCo, has never failed, nor, been late on anything that has ever been stamped with the TM behind it. Another reason why it has grown so expediently. I felt the need to express this in quote because this is where Americas and World business' need to come to learn all the traits i mentioned they destroyed.

OH YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS...!

AND YOU ALL CALL ME THE ECCENTRIC ONE! AT YOUR SERVICE!

Edited by GodDriven

Guest lars1110
Paul..if you fix bt, radio fm and add a patch for battery percentage instead battery icon you will create the Nexus rom of the year!!!!!

It will be the best rom ever!!!

+++++11111 especially bluetooth and fm radio :)

Guest jlevy73
suposedly its automated im backing up my sdcard now and im about to wipe my sd card ;) but its for a good cause :) hahaha

Doesn't appear to automated. I just installed an app and it got stored on the internal memory.

Guest jlevy73
I partitioned my sd card via the recovery method, but A2SD still doesn't seem to be working.

Which Ext. did you use? I used Ext 3 but no go.

Guest stepinmyworld

I just wanted to say thanks and let everyone know that the alpha 17 Rom released today works perfectly. The other roms had issues with gmail pictures, camera flash timing, friend stream giving up and some foreclosures. But all of this has been fixed :). This Rom needs to be a beta. I think that's next in line after alpha right? I'm not the best phone tech term person by a long shot so I don't know. ;) I will be keeping this Rom. U have to love how smooth the screen transitions are compared to stock android. And sense widgets are so attractive. And one more thing: when u r using friend stream for Facebook, clicking on pictures and comments keeps you inside the application instead of taking you to Facebook mobile which cab be annoying. Great fix!!! :P

Guest parrmani

Ok really scared, just cooked my rom, and I cannot get any kind of a DATA connection for the life of me. Wifi works, but nothing else does. I have tried updating the radio, adding in APN settings, and nothing. HELP :) Did I fry my radio???

Guest sftechiegirl
Ok really scared, just cooked my rom, and I cannot get any kind of a DATA connection for the life of me. Wifi works, but nothing else does. I have tried updating the radio, adding in APN settings, and nothing. HELP :) Did I fry my radio???

Did you add the additional APN when you cooked it?

Guest johnluckey

I am totally stoked about this ROM!!!

This desire ROM finally enabled me to leave my windows mobile phone behind, that I currently use only for the gym for the bluetooth functionality. With that being said, I can't wait until the bluetooth is fixed! I am downloading it now, but even the alpha ROM kicked ass, I think the switch to andriod was well worth it. Has anyone got HTC Sync to work and how? If so, please hit me back at [email protected]. I am in Iraq and unfortunated cannot get data over the cell towers, so not exchange push that way. Thanks and GREAT JOB PAUL ON THE ROM, THANKS !!!!

Guest skydart
I've put the previous APN file in the kitchen, if you're a kitchen user rebake to get the T-Mo US APNs etc in your ROM. I'll update prebaked when I have time (visitors here for the weekend!)

P

Paul, did you put the previous APN file in the kitchen? I've rebaked twice now to no avail. No matter what I do, having used and implemented all of the advise from others who have posted here, no matter what I do, I am not able to get internet to work when not using Wi-Fi. I've gone back to Alpha 16 and it worked right out of the box without having to use a T-Mobile APN or anything. Now, on Alpha 17, even with a T-mobile APN, I can't even get the Edge Network. I can go back to Alpha 17, but I want the goodies of Alpha 17 ;-)

Outside of the APN option on the lower right in the kitchen, is there something else that I *must* include to get this functionality to work? Please advise. Thank you!

Guest jlevy73
I'm having the same apn problems as everyone else. I'm not a premium member so i cannot cook a rom, am I basically screwed?

No you're not screwed at all. The APN is not auto-populating in the current version of A17 so you have to do it manually. Just the follow the instructions below and you will be fine. Do the following with Wifi turned OFF.

1. menu

2. settings

3. Wireless & Networks

4. Mobile Networks

5. Access Point Names

6. Menu

7. New APN

A. Name = T-Mobile US

B. APN = epc.tmobile.com

C. Scroll all the way down

D. APN type = default

E. Menu