MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jlevy73
Paul, did you put the previous APN file in the kitchen? I've rebaked twice now to no avail. No matter what I do, having used and implemented all of the advise from others who have posted here, no matter what I do, I am not able to get internet to work when not using Wi-Fi. I've gone back to Alpha 16 and it worked right out of the box without having to use a T-Mobile APN or anything. Now, on Alpha 17, even with a T-mobile APN, I can't even get the Edge Network. I can go back to Alpha 17, but I want the goodies of Alpha 17 ;-)

Outside of the APN option on the lower right in the kitchen, is there something else that I *must* include to get this functionality to work? Please advise. Thank you!

The solution is in the post right above this.

Guest stepinmyworld
No you're not screwed at all. The APN is not auto-populating in the current version of A17 so you have to do it manually. Just the follow the instructions below and you will be fine. Do the following with Wifi turned OFF.

1. menu

2. settings

3. Wireless & Networks

4. Mobile Networks

5. Access Point Names

6. Menu

7. New APN

A. Name = T-Mobile US

B. APN = epc.tmobile.com

C. Scroll all the way down

D. APN type = default

E. Menu

F. Save

Thanks for this however, it still doesn't connect to edge or 3g

Guest rsbianchi

for A2SD I'm getting "insufficient phone storage" but I just checked it and it says that I have 140mb free and it's not letting me reinstall my apps. Other than that great job i'm glad I became a certified modaco baker :)

Guest luna9698

Hello, I am new to this. I signed up for the MoDaCo Ad Free so that I can bake my rom. I wanted to add the car home app as I use it frequently. My question is will it be loaded in my all programs list or will I have to use adb to install it? I am a newb to this. If I do I have to use adb what is the correct format? I appreciate any and all help. Keep up with the great work. I love the rom!!! Thanks

Guest sftechiegirl

1) The APN Option in the kitchen did not update the APN for T-Mobile. The manual settings (above) did work.

2) After a partition to ext2, A2SD seems to be working. I wish I can tell how much space there is left of the 512mb partition.

Question:

I baked the latest ROM with the radio update. Next time there is an update on the ROM, I don't need to bake the radio update again, right?

Guest rsbianchi
for A2SD I'm getting "insufficient phone storage" but I just checked it and it says that I have 140mb free and it's not letting me reinstall my apps. Other than that great job i'm glad I became a certified modaco baker :)

Everything is working fine now actually. I rebooted and it shows 137mb free and all my apps are installed. I'm using EXT4

Guest Thetechnogeek

OK guys, now the traffic has died down a bit, can I ask for some help with the txt message issue please?

Can a fellow Modaco-er write a txt message of more than 160 characters (the phone indicates when it's hitting the limit for the 1st text) and try to send to a phone they can check to see if it is received?

My guess is it will not be received.

Then, only after the step above, please try sending a shorter message of <160 characters. Is it received?

My findings- this ROM will not allow long text messages to be sent. It eventually says they are sent, but the recipient never gets them. Once this error has occurred, then no texts get sent, regardless of length. But if after a restart you stick *only* to messages of <160 characters, they all get sent.

I'd like a little help to figure out if this is just me, or a more serious and generic issue with the ROM please :)

Now I just need to hope this post doesn't disappear in a sea of APN posts ;)

Guest overground@xda
1) The APN Option in the kitchen did not update the APN for T-Mobile. The manual settings (above) did work.

2) After a partition to ext2, A2SD seems to be working. I wish I can tell how much space there is left of the 512mb partition.

Question:

I baked the latest ROM with the radio update. Next time there is an update on the ROM, I don't need to bake the radio update again, right?

Answer to your question: Correct, no need to mess with the radio again until there's a new one. In fact, you should rebake the rom again WITHOUT the radio (and get rid of the one with, to avoid confusion) in case you want to reflash the ROM. Flashing radios is the most dangerous part of this game and 99% of bricked phones have something to do with radio flashing.

Now my question:

So you say a2sd works with EXT2 but not EXT3? Something's definitely not right here, and nobody has any answers.

do this for me in terminal or adb shell and post the results:

busybox df -h
Also if you wouldn't mind installing an app (let's do "Home Switcher" search "ymst" in the market) and see if it shows up here (in terminal or adb shell):
ls /system/sd/app

Near the end of the displayed list you should see "ymst.android.homeswitcher.apk" IF a2sd is working. If you do not see it, something's still wrong. Thanks

Guest overground@xda
OK guys, now the traffic has died down a bit, can I ask for some help with the txt message issue please?

Can a fellow Modaco-er write a txt message of more than 160 characters (the phone indicates when it's hitting the limit for the 1st text) and try to send to a phone they can check to see if it is received?

My guess is it will not be received.

Then, only after the step above, please try sending a shorter message of <160 characters. Is it received?

My findings- this ROM will not allow long text messages to be sent. It eventually says they are sent, but the recipient never gets them. Once this error has occurred, then no texts get sent, regardless of length. But if after a restart you stick *only* to messages of <160 characters, they all get sent.

I'd like a little help to figure out if this is just me, or a more serious and generic issue with the ROM please :)

Now I just need to hope this post doesn't disappear in a sea of APN posts ;)

I read about this problem somewhere, and you are not the only one. AFAIK, the only fix right now is to rebake with the stock Android MMS instead. That is reported working for this problem.

Guest paulytran

updated to A17 and I get force closes when opening messages from the notification bar. any solution? other than that, great work paul :]

Guest cortez
updated to A17 and I get force closes when opening messages from the notification bar. any solution? other than that, great work paul :]
did you wipe your data and dalvik caches before flashing? if not, wipe and reflash. other users with similar experiences as yours have reported the full wipe before flashing corrected some of their issues. hope this helps you get rid of the the FC's ! :)

Guest Thetechnogeek
I read about this SMS problem somewhere, and you are not the only one. AFAIK, the only fix right now is to rebake with the stock Android MMS instead. That is reported working for this problem.

Hmmm, well I tried a rebake without using the HTC messaging app, which presumably reverts to the stock one, but no dice. I really need a solution to this- can someone help with this question:

Are the stock (eg exclude the HTC messaging app) SMS and MMS apps in this alpha build the same as the ones in MCR2.0?

Thanks very much all for any help. I really want to use this ROM!

Edit: The file sizes are different, so I guess I have answered my question. So the next question: what is the adb command to push the old MMS file into the alpha build? I'm a newb at this, so very much appreciate the help!

Edited by Thetechnogeek

Guest Bishar
I've put the previous APN file in the kitchen, if you're a kitchen user rebake to get the T-Mo US APNs etc in your ROM. I'll update prebaked when I have time (visitors here for the weekend!)

P

Thanks a lot Paul, you decerved everything good from us.

Guest YosiZ

When im trying to open the camera app (the camcorder works fine) it ask for force close =\

and where can i get the gallery and contacts APK's?

Edited by YosiZ

Guest jlevy73
I want to use the original picture gallery of the Nexus One. How can i get it in the beta17 Rom?

It's an option you can add from the kitchen

Guest jlevy73
When im trying to open the camera app (the camcorder works fine) it ask for force close =\

and where can i get the gallery and contacts APK's?

Did you wipe everything (data, dalvik, battery, etc). This has been happening to those not wiping before flashing the rom.

Guest Thetechnogeek
Hmmm, well I tried a rebake without using the HTC messaging app, which presumably reverts to the stock one, but no dice. I really need a solution to this- can someone help with this question:

Are the stock (eg exclude the HTC messaging app) SMS and MMS apps in this alpha build the same as the ones in MCR2.0?

Thanks very much all for any help. I really want to use this ROM!

Edit: The file sizes are different, so I guess I have answered my question. So the next question: what is the adb command to push the old MMS file into the alpha build? I'm a newb at this, so very much appreciate the help!

OK, so I did an adb push of the 2.0 MCR mms.apk into system/app (after backing up the old app). Makes no odds unfortunately- still have the same problem in that I cannot send sms's of >160 characters (although the phone reports them as sent).

Any other ideas anyone?

Guest Mogul B. God
No you're not screwed at all. The APN is not auto-populating in the current version of A17 so you have to do it manually. Just the follow the instructions below and you will be fine. Do the following with Wifi turned OFF.

1. menu

2. settings

3. Wireless & Networks

4. Mobile Networks

5. Access Point Names

6. Menu

7. New APN

A. Name = T-Mobile US

B. APN = epc.tmobile.com

D. APN type = default

E. Menu

F. Save

I can confirm this works the only thing I'd like to add is after you "Save" you'll need to select the "T-Mobile US" option and give it a few seconds to do it's thing.

Guest xboxfan2010

Feeling sad because there is no notification sound and light track ball when receiving new email. Only appears the number of email in the email icon. What can it be? I already activate all to be notified. Notification light and sound working fine here with my Gmail account but with live dont work...

If its not possible a solution can you send me the a16 link?

Thanks

In Alpha a16 it works well. I love you made 2 roms, one with and other without addons.

Guest Kantankerousmind
Ok try this. Bobude5 at XDA posted these instructions which I just verified work. See if this does the trick:

How to manually input your APN:

1. menu

2. settings

3. Wireless & Networks

4. Mobile Networks

5. Access Point Names

6. Menu

7. New APN

A. Name = T-Mobile US

B. APN = epc.tmobile.com

D. APN type = default

E. Menu

F. Save

Works! thanks now i can rave about how great A17 is.