MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RTOuk

hey does anyone here use metalhead's trackball wake? its a must for me right now as ive been hit with a dodgy power button that so many other nexus one uses seem to be getting recently :/

i flashed the rom and before rebooting flashed the trackball wake zip but then i just hung on the X screen, so wiped and reflashed and rebooted without the trackball wake and everything went fine. then went back into recovery and flashed the trackball wake zip and it wouldnt even flash.

anyone else experienced this? or know of a fix?

thanks

p.s the rom was looking great, i watched some flash videos and they ran at full speed!

Guest paesan
updated to A17 and I get force closes when opening messages from the notification bar. any solution? other than that, great work paul :]

Same here for me. I did a data and dalvik wipe with a new install (not an update) of A 17 and keep getting a force close. Tried a battery pull and that did not work.

Edited by paesan

Guest Thetechnogeek
Same here for me. I did a data and dalvik wipe with a new install (not an update) of A 17 and keep getting a force close. Tried a battery pull and that did not work.

Works OK for me after a complete wipe. But there are clearly a few remaining bugs (expected I guess for an Alpha!) :)

Guest skydart
Works! thanks now i can rave about how great A17 is.

Thank you for this. I finally got it to work for me as well, however, I only seem to be getting on the Edge network, and even at that, it is way slower than usual, (it takes 60 seconds to load google.com). Is there anything that I can do to make the speed somewhat normal? I'm not getting 3G at all, nor "H" at any time, just "E" (Edge). Is this normal with this build? Will I ever get a better connection without being on Wi-Fi?

UPDATE:

After getting it to work, I plugged in the additional settings listed below, and the Edge network is considerably faster, and I'm getting both 3G now and "H"! Wahoooo!!!!!

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Edited by skydart

Guest k2bk2bk2b

Really love the a17, but noticed I didn't have any apn settings as I did on 15, and am too lazy to add.

Weather shows me sunny at 8pm....LOL.

P, we're hanging around for you next release!

Guest Dr.Strix

Have some issues with touch buttons, they don´t lite up all time. kinda hard to see where to touch when they are dark. Some times they do lite up... strange...

Otherwise, it works fine so far.

Using kitchen 17.

Guest argylesocks
hey! i'am using a14 right now.. do i need to wipe when i want to install the new a17??

Technically no.... but I needed to coming from a14.

Guest NexusCody

I don't know where I would be without Paul and all his hard work here...but I'm pretty sure my Nexus One would be sitting in a drawer and I would be back to using my iPhone. Thanks Paul!

So I cooked, copied, wiped, cleared Davlik Cache, and flashed. Rom is working great, but there are some things I thought I'd let Paul know about. If you can fix them Paul, great, if not, heck it's still working pretty darn good...

1. we seem to have several Phone icon options. The HTC one and the Google one is there. Not sure you intended that.

2. I cannot access folders any longer with the HTC email applet with the exchange configuration. This has worked on all previous builds perfectly fine. In fact I had no Exchange access issues with any of the previous builds. the issue is that the app force closes if you access folders in any way. Go directly, or try to move an email there. I'm wondering if HTC did something to break the production ROM. I did build a little differently out of the kitchen this time as I loaded the standard contacts app in addition to the HTC People app, but I doubt that could be the issue.

3. The HTC email app also seems to be a little laggy compared to the previous builds.

This that are much improved:

1. Browser is working much better.

2. Google Reader is formatting correctly now as is Gmail from the browser

3. FriendStream is faster and syncs better.

Awesome work again Paul and a big Thank you!

The only real issue I need to figure out how to correct is the email applet. Do you guys feel a reflash could help with that? Perhaps remove the standard contacts?

Edited by NexusCody

Guest fabiocampos
I've no sound on keyboard when clicking... Vibrate works, Sound nope.

Any other have this issue ?

Ps.

Thanks Paul !

For me works fine :)

Guest ascito

Solved same weird behaviour by wiping and reflashing...what I can remark is that the device is slower...

:)

Edited by ascito

Guest rajatseth

i'm an absolute newb to android. all i konw now about rooting and flashing roms, i've learnt from this forum. i have gone from stock to a15 to a16 to a17 all in less than 4 days. paul all thanks to you, you are doing absolutely fabulous work mate. n1 hasn't even released in india and here i am unlocking, rooting and flashing new roms on a daily basis.... thanks paul.

one question

i was able to push transparent notification bar pull down in a16 but when i try it on a17 it reboots and gets stuck in a loop at the htc quietly brilliant screen. i followed these instructions to push the transparent pull down

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=620

please tell if i'm something wrong......

thanks in advance. :)

Guest NexusCody
I don't know where I would be without Paul and all his hard work here...but I'm pretty sure my Nexus One would be sitting in a drawer and I would be back to using my iPhone. Thanks Paul!

So I cooked, copied, wiped, cleared Davlik Cache, and flashed. Rom is working great, but there are some things I thought I'd let Paul know about. If you can fix them Paul, great, if not, heck it's still working pretty darn good...

1. we seem to have several Phone icon options. The HTC one and the Google one is there. Not sure you intended that.

2. I cannot access folders any longer with the HTC email applet with the exchange configuration. This has worked on all previous builds perfectly fine. In fact I had no Exchange access issues with any of the previous builds. the issue is that the app force closes if you access folders in any way. Go directly, or try to move an email there. I'm wondering if HTC did something to break the production ROM. I did build a little differently out of the kitchen this time as I loaded the standard contacts app in addition to the HTC People app, but I doubt that could be the issue.

3. The HTC email app also seems to be a little laggy compared to the previous builds.

This that are much improved:

1. Browser is working much better.

2. Google Reader is formatting correctly now as is Gmail from the browser

3. FriendStream is faster and syncs better.

Awesome work again Paul and a big Thank you!

The only real issue I need to figure out how to correct is the email applet. Do you guys feel a reflash could help with that? Perhaps remove the standard contacts?

So I did a reflash and that didn't solve the email issue above. I then did a wipe and reflash of the original downloaded kitchen file and the problem was still there. I then downloaded the non-kitchen A17 with MoDaCo additions and it's working fine. I'm going to try the kitchen version again rebake without the stock contacts and see what that does.

Hopefully this may help some of you who may have seen the same issue.

Thanks Again Paul. This is fun!

Edited by NexusCody

Guest jpshar

I've searched and searched but now I have to leave for work... before I root and flash for the first time, does GMail come with A17? If not, how do I go about getting it?

And is this stable enough to use as an everyday ROM, or should I stick with stock for now?

Thanks all!

I've searched and searched but now I have to leave for work... before I root and flash for the first time, does GMail come with A17? If not, how do I go about getting it?

And is this stable enough to use as an everyday ROM, or should I stick with stock for now?

Thanks all!

It does

It's very stable, just like previous alpha's :)

Guest GodDriven
Have some issues with touch buttons, they don´t lite up all time. kinda hard to see where to touch when they are dark. Some times they do lite up... strange...

Otherwise, it works fine so far.

Using kitchen 17.

It was announced earlier in the thread last night that the backlights are going to be lit when the screen is on.. Then off when not. This is going to be implemented in the next release. It has been giving a serious issue (for some).. I personally never have the problem. But, i do.. understand where this takes effect though. It's not after you press the on button and the screen lights, it's after a few seconds or a lil while that they shut off, and, after pressing they don't light in sequence with the haptic feedback.

So, that leaves, BT, and uhh.. very lil things.. :)

Guest argylesocks

Paul, this ROM is great! Thanks so much.

Camera flash is spot on, and quality is improved.

I thought my Nexus was perfect before, but you have made it better than perfect :)

Guest ootherocoo

Hey this message is for GodDriven.

I'm fairly new to Roms and all this stuff. I have flashed Alpha 17. My question is, can I replace the stock notification bar on sense with a different one? I've seen some pretty cool modifications, and I would like to add one of them to my Sense UI.