MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest DKressel

just wanted to put some A17 input on:

amber charge light is buggy, delayed, etc.

adding news subscriptions/feeds have blank titles for some of the categories.

things that work now: custom dictionary, HTC IME doesnt break (yet), flash (duh), wallpaper selection accurate from homescreen, bookmark thumbs, and prolly another 10+ things i never saw in the day or two i was on A15/A16

totally unlocked/rooted and flashed the day of A15 release (took 3 hours cuz it wouldnt boot into recovery), but have managed to flash A16 on in like 30secs and wiped for A17 and installed quite smoothly. seems like im in good shape.... WTF is doviak cache or w/e its called?

QUESTION: its apps2SD configured for this rom, and where can i get a tutorial on himem and partitioning my SD card ext/fat etc... an overview of what can be accomplished would be nice.

( i have a feeling this is already in the forums somewhere so a LINK would be greeaaaaaaaaaaatt [tony the tiger style] )

on another note, i have yet to get tethering to work.

wifi: works on device, network shows on xp sp3 but is unable to connect, just loops

wired: PC requests nexus one drivers, drivers from android sdk dont work

any help would be appreciated.

Cant wait to see the custom/mod scene for the desire rom once its stable

PS. using stock a17 rom no modaco add-ons, tethering apps installed via code.google.com site for apps

UMM... everything else is good, cant wait to get some 720p, lol. dunno if it'll happen... anyone kno if the desire supports 720p recording, or is that a nexus thing that cant b ported now that were back to a stock rom.

HMM.... lol.... everything else is GOOD! nexus one touch screen is depressing wish i could b iPhone gaming on this thing, everyonce in a while it will read all my touch inputs about 1/2 an inch lower than they should be like my touch was stuck.... ugh... wish they woulda shelled out a lil more cash on the build for a better touchscreen.

PAUL and GODDRIVEN! thankkkkk youuu soo muccch...

Guest jlevy73
is the picture messaging..mms...working for anyone.....i keep getting generic network failure????

It works fine for me. Do you have a data connection or is it just specific to MMS?

Guest kim8881

Just updated to a17:

I have weird wifi sync issue, i already did a full wipe and reinstalled the rom, I cant add my google account in with this release and it keeps telling me I dont have data connection after i type all my info to login, the weather gadget has the same problem with sync also and it told me it's connection problem either...

but i can use browser to get on site with no problem...

i dont have data plan so all i can use is wifi... but it doesnt work in the release for some reason?!

I came for a15 without wipe at first, but the News gadget has FC problem, so i wiped and this problem shows up...

i wiped and reinstalled and this problem is still there ;)

I switched from Hero to N1 few days before and i never have this problem before :)

EDIT: BTW, i tried to add facebook and twitter account and has no problem... but still cant add google account...

Edited by kim8881

Guest jtyler69
It works fine for me. Do you have a data connection or is it just specific to MMS?

data works great....just cant download mms....sms works fine as well

Guest GodDriven
Hey this message is for GodDriven.

I'm fairly new to Roms and all this stuff. I have flashed Alpha 17. My question is, can I replace the stock notification bar on sense with a different one? I've seen some pretty cool modifications, and I would like to add one of them to my Sense UI.

If I am correct, and forum, please correct if I'm wrong. The transparent notification panel is based of the original launcher2. Thus being modified to be transparent. I am on my N1 now, so I cant post a link to the site or the post on this thread. If memory serves me right. Between pages 135-140 is the discussion. Then the link to xda is present there as well.

Just use Adb to push the framework and then Adb shell reboot. Ending in your requested question.

Aside from the assistance stated above. I would like to say that the producer of this Rom is MODACO as I just a helpful and Open minded individual. I say, because I read the posts thanking me and Paul in unison, and not that its wrong. I just want new comers as the one who posted this note to understand the differences between him and I.

I will take time to add. I have been through a great learning process. And if light be, I will try and hopefully accomplish my goal in physically producing for others to enjoy. Apps first as roms require special attention and detail that I am yet to finish in learning.

So thanks. Thanks to Modaco for allowing us to help the concept grow and now become a daily use.

Guest fabiocampos
Just updated to a17:

I have weird wifi sync issue, i already did a full wipe and reinstalled the rom, I cant add my google account in with this release and it keeps telling me I dont have data connection after i type all my info to login, the weather gadget has the same problem with sync also and it told me it's connection problem either...

but i can use browser to get on site with no problem...

i dont have data plan so all i can use is wifi... but it doesnt work in the release for some reason?!

I came for a15 without wipe at first, but the News gadget has FC problem, so i wiped and this problem shows up...

i wiped and reinstalled and this problem is still there :P

I switched from Hero to N1 few days before and i never have this problem before :)

EDIT: BTW, i tried to add facebook and twitter account and has no problem... but still cant add google account...

Do u have make a wipe data/factory and wipe dalvik-cache too!

;)

Guest jwhipple

Any way to enable the microphone key/voice input from the stock HTC_IME keyboard? I got a text message on the road today and went to reply via voice to text and had to switch to the standard Android keyboard because the HTC one didn't have the key.

Thanks!

Guest basti80

where is the different between the old Radio and the new radio from the "kitchen ROM"(32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio image)?

can someone explane it too me?

can i update every nexus one with it?

Guest phellandrn

Hi everyone. First time on modaco was about 5 minutes ago. Read through Paul's post and immediately bought myself a plus membership to this site to support work like his. It is people like Paul that make owning these phones so much fun! I am just a simple ICU Registered Nurse in California, but I sure love me some tech and gadgets :) Thanks again Paul for your hard work on the sense UI, very promising! Oh, if anyone wants to learn advanced cardiac life support, give me a shout ;)

Guest gege62

I have a little bug here, Paul.

When the screen is on but blocked, if you push or touch the menù soft button the screen became unblocked.

It's a problem when you have the N1 on your pocket and an incoming call.....

Do you have this bug?

Sorry for my poor English and thank for your hard work.

Guest jwhipple

Paul,

This is FAR from a complaint, but more of an observation. Running A17, I am noticing some oddities with the charge light.

For instance, last night I charged the phone and when I woke up this morning instead of being green, the light was completely off.

Once I unlocked the phone, it went back to green.

A few minutes ago I picked up the phone from the desktop dock and the yellow charge light stayed on, regardless what I do with the phone (short of a reboot) it stays on yellow. (EDIT - I just picked it up off the dock again and the yellow light finally shut off - go figure?)

One last thing, push exchange mail worked GREAT until I got off shift last night, at which time it's set to come off of peak time.

I got into the office today and noticed that nothing came in since I got off work last night, and nothing came in even with me telling it to sync. My inbox for work had about 25 new emails. I rebooted the phone and everything caught up normally.

No regrets switching to this ROM though, I LOVE IT!

Guest lars1110
data works great....just cant download mms....sms works fine as well

just get the apn for your mms i had to put it in then restart twice before it started to download the mms mesages

Guest kim8881
Do u have make a wipe data/factory and wipe dalvik-cache too!

:)

yes, that's what i mean by full wipe.

this is the weirest thing i have seen ;)

Guest jtyler69
just get the apn for your mms i had to put it in then restart twice before it started to download the mms mesages

would u mine telling me what yours are set at....i have tried several with no luck???

Guest fabiocampos
yes, that's what i mean by full wipe.

this is the weirest thing i have seen :P

Its really weird! Try download ROM again and flash again :)

Good luck ;)

Guest MrMikeSv

Have a question - is there any way to change the power button behavior during an incoming call in Modaco a17 firmware to mute a call, not to drop, as is done in Cyanogen firmware?

Guest cortez

another note on the transparent notification bar: i highly recommend you backup the existing copy of framework-res.apk (or extract from the zip file) before pushing to your device. if you use the framework-res.apk w/the transparent notification bar and, your phone doesn't work, it means there's an unresolved compatibility issue. if i encountered this problem in the past, i rebooted to recovery and corrected the problem by pushing the original framework-res.apk to /data/system-framework/. of course the other approach is to do a Nandroid backup first and use it to recover in case you have a problem.

i understand that we want to flash and get up and running with a new ROM ASAP, but i'm reading many posts where users are reporting issues, asking for assistance and then resposting that their issues have been fully/partially corrected by wiping data/dalvik caches and reflashing the ROM. as Paul has stated before, if you didn't wipe before flashing, wipe and reflash. for those of you encountering FC's when moving to A17, assuming you wiped data and dalvik caches did you test features/functionality after the first boot? if yes, did you encounter problems at this point? if yes, please include that in your problem statement. if you first restored apps, settings, etc., from backups, began using your device and had problems then this is likely where your issues are (the backup, customizations, etc). i recognize that restoring from backups may have worked in the past; however, this is a different/tweaked ROM and backups might not always work as we want them to. anyway, please clarify/add this to your problem statement as well.

my point is that it would help me/us help you if you tell the community when your problems occurred: was it [a] after first boot with a stock ROM setup or after flash and after customizations. this is just a suggestion. if you feel i'm off base here and want to flame me, my teflon suit is on... fire away! :)

Guest kim8881
Its really weird! Try download ROM again and flash again ;)

Good luck :P

Well, i already tried 2 Without-addon rom and 1 with-addon rom to see if i changes anything (wipe before flash of course)

but still cant login to google service :)

Just restored the nand backup back to a13 and tried to add a another new google account, and it works ;)

maybe i will just wait for the next version, a17 seems just doesnt like me

Guest cortez
Well, i already tried 2 Without-addon rom and 1 with-addon rom to see if i changes anything (wipe before flash of course)

Just restored the nand backup back to a13 and tried to add a another new google account, and it works ;)

during setup did you select WiFi only for internet connection? if yes, did you try selecting Mobile and WiFi network to see if that allows you to add an account? also, if you launch the Market App, it will require you to sign on as well - did you try this method to see if you can sign in?

Guest skydart

I thought the exact same thing, but I'm telling you from experience, it does work, and well at that. See my prior post on this very subject and the settings that I posted. I'm sure that you have used these settings, (as did I), and it may not have worked for you, (as it didn't work for me for a couple of times). So, here's what I did, but it may not mean that you have to do this, but it worked for me:

Back up everything, of course. Again, this is what *I* did.

I copied the nandroid directory, along with the Alpha 17 (and Alpha 16 just to be safe) to my computer.

I then did a factory wipe, delvic(sp?) wipe, and battery wipe, then I partitioned the SD card erasing everything on it. Then I took the battery out of my phone, then the SD card out of my phone, and then put the micro SD card in my computer and copied the Alpha 17 to it. I then put the SD card back in my phone, then the battery, then started by phone by pressing the Track ball and power button to get to the place that allows me to flash the Alpha 17 onto my phone.

After Alpha 17 was on my phone, I then followed entered these settings for the APN (HAVING ALREADY TURNED THE WI-FI OFF) :

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

Once tapping the menu and SAVE, then selecting "T-Mobile US", I received a data connection within three seconds or so.

Please note that you really need to be careful here. Before doing this, (which is probably WAY more than I needed to, but it worked for me, and probably because I forced it to erase everything from memory, including the battery), make sure that your computer will be able to write to a micro SD card.

Hope this helps.

Guest Docmjldds
I'm Sorry...the zero should definitely be there :)

Totally exhausted.

I had a firecracker in my bed yesterday and she kept me up all night.

The Zero does NOT have to be there. Way back when the N1 was first released, users were reporting no MMS being sent. I finally found a Tmobile tech that had me add those same additions for the APN and I posted this as the fix on the Nexusone Forum. My MMS proxy settings show 216.155.165.50 and I have no issues with my Mobile Network saying connected with WiFi Off. I believe part of these problems are this fails if the users are on a borderline area where there signal is not that good. I initially thought I had this data connection issue when I would also get a Network failure with WiFi off and Alpha 17. I then discovered that when I had no bars, this was the problem. If I move around and all of a sudden have bars, then it would work. I experimented with some users saying to try GSM only and then changing back to the WCDMA auto mode or trying the *#*#4636#*#* method to enable changing the 3G (H) modes. These settings did not appear to make any difference either.

Additional info from original post above:

I did a wipe and Dalvik wipe only. I did not wipe battery, nor need to pull battery. I have full Market access with WiFi Off. I did initially have a failure to change to Google Voice, but on subsequent try, Phone settings reported successful change and GV shows enabled. BUT as I have reported in prior posts, I have to call my GV number from the N1, enter my 4 number pin, enter #2 and then enter a number to call, if I want my Google Voice number to actually make that call. It doesn't matter if I have GV set to always place calls, or to ask each time etc, in my settings. When I flash back to Cyano 5.0.4.1 GV works as advertised. I usually keep settings to always ask which number I want to use.

Edited by Docmjldds

Guest PhonePersona

Went Snowboarding today.

Mostly did the Montezuma Bowl/Back Country at Arapahoe Basin.

Awesome day.

First real laughs I've had in ages.

And then...

I lost my Nexus One.

So the tally this month has been my father's death, fighting pneumonia, traffic court, My PCI project literally falling apart with a compliance audit just around the corner...and now my personal/business/'entire-life-is-on-it' phone.

Something really good had better be around the corner.

That's all I'm saying :)