MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PhonePersona
The Zero does NOT have to be there. Way back when the N1 was first released, users were reporting no MMS being sent. I finally found a Tmobile tech that had me add those same additions for the APN and I posted this as the fix on the Nexusone Forum. My MMS proxy settings show 216.155.165.50 and I have no issues with my Mobile Network saying connected with WiFi Off. I believe part of these problems are this fails if the users are on a borderline area where there signal is not that good. I initially thought I had this data connection issue when I would also get a Network failure with WiFi off and Alpha 17. I then discovered that when I had no bars, this was the problem. If I move around and all of a sudden have bars, then it would work. I experimented with some users saying to try GSM only and then changing back to the WCDMA auto mode or trying the *#*#4636#*#* method to enable changing the 3G (H) modes. These settings did not appear to make any difference either.

Additional info from original post above:

I did a wipe and Dalvik wipe only. I did not wipe battery, nor need to pull battery. I have full Market access with WiFi Off. I did initially have a failure to change to Google Voice, but on subsequent try, Phone settings reported successful change and GV shows enabled. BUT as I have reported in prior posts, I have to call my GV number from the N1, enter my 4 number pin, enter #2 and then enter a number to call, if I want my Google Voice number to actually make that call. It doesn't matter if I have GV set to always place calls, or to ask each time etc, in my settings. When I flash back to Cyano 5.0.4.1 GV works as advertised. I usually keep settings to always ask which number I want to use.

After I installed A17 yesterday, I conducted a number of tests using the Google Voice client and integration does work.

Either by telling GV to make all calls, ask you if you want to use it for all calls, or only international calls...you get the gist.

I tested it out by:

1. Calling a nearby phone directly from my N1 (sniff...RIP) - My Google number appeared on the caller ID

2. Making an international call. GV took over and although the little graphic that says "this call is being handled by Google Voice" didn't appear, it definitely did switch over because GV told me how much the call would cost before completing the call.

Don't think I've seen this mentioned but according to quick system info this ROM makes out at 768mhz.

Also I was out all day today and had problems with the phone picking up mobile data networks after being asleep and idle In my pocket for a while.

Guest skydart

Off topic a little bit, but it's Saturday ;-) I'm a "Plus" member, because from what I understand, the more expensive membership will grant me access to a lot of Windows phones, etc., but I only have a Nexus One, and don't ever want to leave my phone ;-) Here is my question: Does a "MaDaCo Ad Free" membership mean that all the apps that we download are ad free? if not, what does it mean?

Guest GodDriven

Quick Question? :)

If I'm correct, T-Mobile users can input a code, number format, (pound i.e Star etc..) to update the towers associated closest to you. Now, I do know that turning the device of for 30 sec or more the device unregisters from the network then regeisters itself when powered. I know this beacuse Verizon as I stated before is one of my service providers along with my T-MO line. So, they have a service where you dial like as number of some sort.. which is tied into the programming system when devices are activated and then announces what would you like to do. Program your device, update your service and extended ares. or customer service.

I haven't checked. I wanted to call CS, but i though this would be faster.

Thanks Guys.. ;)

Guest Docmjldds
After I installed A17 yesterday, I conducted a number of tests using the Google Voice client and integration does work.

Either by telling GV to make all calls, ask you if you want to use it for all calls, or only international calls...you get the gist.

I tested it out by:

1. Calling a nearby phone directly from my N1 (sniff...RIP) - My Google number appeared on the caller ID

2. Making an international call. GV took over and although the little graphic that says "this call is being handled by Google Voice" didn't appear, it definitely did switch over because GV told me how much the call would cost before completing the call.

There has to be some weird issues with GV that causes some users such as me to have issues. GV appears to be installed correctly as well as configured correctly. In settings I currently have GV set to ask me everytime I want to make a call and under Cyano 5.0.4.1 this works as advertised. On my setup, it doesn't give me the screen to choose after I place the call. The call is just completed with my cell number. If I go thru the workaround of calling my GV number, it works. It's not enough of a bug to bother me :) The fact that in call settings, it correctly set up GV as my Voicemail Service I thought it was going to work.

Off topic a little bit, but it's Saturday ;-) I'm a "Plus" member, because from what I understand, the more expensive membership will grant me access to a lot of Windows phones, etc., but I only have a Nexus One, and don't ever want to leave my phone ;-) Here is my question: Does a "MaDaCo Ad Free" membership mean that all the apps that we download are ad free? if not, what does it mean?
It means the ads on the forums disappear. The plus membership gets you some registered versions of certain winmo and android apps.

Guest Docmjldds

<<I lost my Nexus One.

That has to be the worst news ever. Your other issues were equally as depressing but I really feel for your loss of the phone....really!!! My wife says I spend more time lately playing with the phone than......ummmm better not complete that :)

Guest GodDriven
Just installed Alpha 17 on mine and its looping on boot. I have tried reflashing but its still the same. ANy ideas?

Your main concern is that you prob missed to do one thing.. read just a lil.. Your question and comment dint have much structure to work off, but it sounds like you've had desire for a min, point blank, wipe, then flash. Yeah, ahh it sucks, i have to do it all over again :P oh god why.. :) not now.. :-( it was fine till now.. haha jk.. ;)

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1222700 < It has been done! As the Romans would say it.. >

You might need this: ( it is also avail in the kitchen as a warm muffin. )

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

You Have Been Served.

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GodDriven
There has to be some weird issues with GV that causes some users such as me to have issues. GV appears to be installed correctly as well as configured correctly. In settings I currently have GV set to ask me everytime I want to make a call and under Cyano 5.0.4.1 this works as advertised. On my setup, it doesn't give me the screen to choose after I place the call. The call is just completed with my cell number. If I go thru the workaround of calling my GV number, it works. It's not enough of a bug to bother me :) The fact that in call settings, it correctly set up GV as my Voicemail Service I thought it was going to work.

Wow.. If thats all dude.. Here Ya Go..

Simply.. Go into your GV App.. Sign Out.. Slowly So you get nothing wrong.. Press the button slowly.. LOL.. JK..

You should get all the settings when you first install. I.E. the features and settings.

Then sign back in.

I noticed one thing.. On regular Nexus Builds it shows the server number i.e for me it's 609******* in Jersey... In Desire it doesn't.. But.. Thank GOD.. and I mean JESUS.. it finally shows the right number when you dial out.

JLevy73 THIS ONE"S FOR YOU BUDDY! Doh! ;) (I grew up on that show, the damn thing still goes, bring it on fox.. I'll put my (future) 2 yr old in front of the LED's..) :P

We Struggled so hard to find a workaround.. We accomplished.. Bathed in Glory... Now we Rest in Wine...

Edited by GodDriven

Guest PhonePersona
<<I lost my Nexus One.

That has to be the worst news ever. Your other issues were equally as depressing but I really feel for your loss of the phone....really!!! My wife says I spend more time lately playing with the phone than......ummmm better not complete that :)

Everything happens for a reason ;)

Guest GodDriven
Everything happens for a reason ;)

Oh Jesus.. :)

WaveSecure? Tracking? Gps Lock? Anything our friend?

No pun, but they were made for these things. It's like the day you get insurence for the car. You get it hoping nothing ever happens. One, your deductible kicks no matter what? I mean wheres the win? But we need it, or simply it's points or jail time. So, in sense what I try to say is this. Pause.. Just str8 pause for a second. Stop the frantic pace. Think. In segments, like a movie, like a film roll. Not in motion or in flow. This will allow you to try and pinpoint clues and recollections that can help lead to a conclusion. I'm sorry if I sound crazy, but, after a while life teaches a lesson.

And for all who know about true relationships, what your significant other brings to your head when you run to them ranting and raving about something your trying to learn, decipher, crack, build whichever you choose, and one look, one conversation, even one fight, brings your answer. (Don't Fight- That's just my suggestion, it's experience, not a go it thing) :-)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest cortez
MMS not working for me as well
mms not working for me as well. i tried with the Desire stock Mms.apk and the stock android Mms.apk; i'm on T-Mo USA using MMS settings posted in thread.

Guest fabiocampos
Oh Jesus.. ;)

WaveSecure? Tracking? Gps Lock? Anything our friend?

No pun, but they were made for these things. It's like the day you get insurence for the car. You get it hoping nothing ever happens. One, your deductible kicks no matter what? I mean wheres the win? But we need it, or simply it's points or jail time. So, in sense what I try to say is this. Pause.. Just str8 pause for a second. Stop the frantic pace. Think. In segments, like a movie, like a film roll. Not in motion or in flow. This will allow you to try and pinpoint clues and recollections that can help lead to a conclusion. I'm sorry if I sound crazy, but, after a while life teaches a lesson.

And for all who know about true relationships, what your significant other brings to your head when you run to them ranting and raving about something your trying to learn, decipher, crack, build whichever you choose, and one look, one conversation, even one fight, brings your answer. (Don't Fight- That's just my suggestion, it's experience, not a go it thing) :-)

WaveSecure Web Management for me don´t works. I tried with 3G, 2G and wifi networks, but don´t works :P Only works on sms commands send :)

PS: I´m from Brazil

Any help?

Guest GodDriven

< < < < Just For A laugh.. Yup..! Aka Jesus Cat.. Spartans Prepare for Glory..! :) LMFAO!!!

Edited by GodDriven

Guest fabiocampos
Does anyone know how to set a custom ringtone? I have downloaded an mp3 and want to use it as my ringtone.

Just long press on ringtone and set as ringtone :)

Cheers.

Guest GodDriven
Does anyone know how to set a custom ringtone? I have downloaded an mp3 and want to use it as my ringtone.

RingDroid..

It was sent from heaven... ;)

Edit.. Cut.. Morph.. Slice.. You name it.. You got it.. You could put a plane landing as a ringtone..

This is when I am in quiet places.. :) Edited by GodDriven

Guest fabiocampos

U can make 3 directories into your sdcard root:

--> ringtones : Place here all your like ringtones

--> alarms: Place here all your like alarms

--> notifications: Place here all your like notifications.

All done! Ur custom ringtones, alarms and notifications are be used by your Android phone. Just choose and set :)

Guest GodDriven
U can make 3 directories into your sdcard root:

--> ringtones : Place here all your like ringtones

--> alarms: Place here all your like alarms

--> notifications: Place here all your like notifications.

All done! Ur custom ringtones, alarms and notifications are be used by your Android phone. Just choose and set :)

Damn, that's good. I did not even think of that ish.. Holy moly, that's so simple but effective..

You can also create folders on your sd card and put mp3's or .m4a's in either:

/media/audio/ringtones

/media/audio/notifications

I found a metal gear solid sound pack and created my own codec ring and notifications :) ;)

:edit: beaten by fabiocampos :P

Edited by jdoo

Guest fabiocampos
You can also create folders on your sd card and put mp3's or .m4a's in either:

/media/audio/ringtones

/media/audio/notifications

I found a metal gear solid sound pack and created my own codec ring and notifications ;) :P

:edit: beaten by fabiocampos ;)