MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest manylam

After update the Alpha 17 of the Rom, I am sorry to discover that some video (mp4, download via DolphinBrowser) cannot be displayed.

And even some of them can be played, when I press the Fullscreen / Screen to Fit button, it become a white screen with sound playing normally.

Btw, those video I downloaded it long before that I can running smoothly with no problems before.

Looking forward for the update and solve the problems. Making the Rom be better and beter :)

PS. I would like to know, is the music playing normally using the Dock for Nexus One to Hi-Fi (not the internal speaker of Nexus One) by using the Kitchen Function?

Thanks

Edited by manylam

Guest kim8881
during setup did you select WiFi only for internet connection? if yes, did you try selecting Mobile and WiFi network to see if that allows you to add an account? also, if you launch the Market App, it will require you to sign on as well - did you try this method to see if you can sign in?

Yes, i tried Wifi only and the other also, no luck

But i didnt try the market, instead, i tried gmail...

my handset just cant connect with google and some other service for some reason in a17

hope it will be good for me when a18 is release :)

Guest roid_x

When the camera take pictures,the pictures are cannot saved on the card. wiped data&dalvik before flashing ;change two cards the situation is also

Guest badkidrf
[DOWNLOAD OFFLINE, FIXING INSTALL ISSUE]

Umm Paul got to love what your doing man; cant appreciate it.

I ran into a problem my Data doesnt seem to be working, i have WiFi

up and running but i cannot see my "H" anymore. Help...

Guest GodDriven
When the camera take pictures,the pictures are cannot saved on the card. wiped data&dalvik before flashing ;change two cards the situation is also

It's cool not many know this..

Use your SD explorer, like Astro, Root Explerer ;) etc..

Locate the folder titled 'DCIM', in there, there are sub folders named.. 100ANDRO, 100 MEDIA, and finally Camera..

They are stored there..

Welcome.. :)

Guest GodDriven
Umm Paul got to love what your doing man; cant appreciate it.

I ran into a problem my Data doesnt seem to be working, i have WiFi

up and running but i cannot see my "H" anymore. Help...

Okay, I will just put it like this. Please search, read, and at LEAST try to find your answer before asking a question..

Finally, between pages 162-173 are EVERY single answer you will need. You will not even need a miracle to figure this out..

Oh, whatever, here.. : It's love.. :)

Go into the Wirless Netwroks-Mobile Networks-Then Access Point.. Then do that..

OR

Go to the kitchen and bake it with the APN add-on

Manually Do T-Mo USA APN..

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: 216.155.165.050

Port: 8080

Username: (leave this blank)

Password: (leave this blank)

Server: (leave this blank)

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50

MMS Port: 8080

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0 (if its an option use 2.0)

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: (leave this blank)

Edited by GodDriven

Guest GodDriven
Actually you can omit the proxy and port settings in both places.

Thanks.. I dint see the update for this turn in the apn addition.. :)

Guest xakashi

was just thinking anyone know how does the sense tell you when the battery is fully charged? the LED light doesn't work all the time and it seems to be buggy. i just want to know when is the phone really fully charged before i pull the plug :)

and one more thing, the location on the HTC weather on the sense itself seems to be not accurate. it would locate me @ other places, only after reboot or after a few hours then it will show me my exact location.

Guest lp1527

HTC Favorites question........

Does anyone know if the order of contacts can be adjusted in the HTC Favorites widget? It's alphabetical order by default but I'd like to change.... on all HTC-provided images of Favorites widgets, they are not in alpha order so it appears it can be done...?

Guest GodDriven
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416

Gives me Mic icon in portrait and landscape.

Golden! :) Is what I had hoped..

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$ ./adb remount

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

remount succeeded

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$ ./adb install -r HTC_IME.apk

1266 KB/s (4609115 bytes in 3.555s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/HTC_IME.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$

That was the outcome. Any Ideas..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest muncheese
Golden! :) Is what I had hoped..

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$ ./adb remount

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

remount succeeded

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$ ./adb install -r HTC_IME.apk

1266 KB/s (4609115 bytes in 3.555s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/HTC_IME.apk

Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_INCONSISTENT_CERTIFICATES]

new-host-3:~ GodDriven$

That was the outcome. Any Ideas..

Why not just adb push it into /system/app/ directory?

Guest GodDriven
Why not just adb push it into /system/app/ directory?

Doh! Simple... forgot.. ill see.. update in few..

Should we do anything with the clicker...?

BTW, it worked, its works too. i left the click from desire..

I actually wanna tinker.. See if it does the letter freezing or disappearing when typing. ?

Thoughts?

I mean Jonas has like a ish load of features.. but.. it was reverted not only for candidate testing on its stock form but due to the issues i mentioned..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest ootherocoo

Another quick question. On the Desire ROM, why does it display "H" instead of "3G" in the status bar?

I was driving through Manhattan tonight using the GPS and I noticed that it switched to "3G", so I wanted to know why doesn't it naturally display like that?

Guest GodDriven
Another quick question. On the Desire ROM, why does it display "H" instead of "3G" in the status bar?

I was driving through Manhattan tonight using the GPS and I noticed that it switched to "3G", so I wanted to know why doesn't it naturally display like that?

H is Euro band strength which is nearly double us. you just landed on us t-mo bands..

Welcome to NY..

Guest AndrewTan

H - HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access )

HSDPA is an enhanced 3G (third generation) mobile telephony communications protocol in the High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA) family, also coined 3.5G, 3G+ or turbo 3G, which allows networks based on Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) to have higher data transfer speeds and capacity. Current HSDPA deployments support down-link speeds of 1.8, 3.6, 7.2 and 14.0 Mbit/s.

In general means H is faster than 3G.

* I am so surprise as so many people asking what is H, H has been there few years already and plenty of phone in the market is supporting on it. I am happy with H as it connect extremely fast not like 3G which is still not comparable to it and quite slow actually.

Guest ootherocoo

Ahhhhhhhh. You guys have been more than helpful. I had no idea that the Nexus supported speeds faster than 3G. i always thought that 3G was the fastest.

Thanks alot guys.

Guest ziptbm

This same question was asked on XDA, but there hasn't been a response.

Is exchange calendar sync working for everyone? Mail and Contacts are there, but Calendar gives reports there are sychronization problems regardless which Exchange server/account I connect through.

Maybe there's an extra step that may be required to get this functioning?

Guest cortez
This same question was asked on XDA, but there hasn't been a response.

Is exchange calendar sync working for everyone? Mail and Contacts are there, but Calendar gives reports there are sychronization problems regardless which Exchange server/account I connect through.

Maybe there's an extra step that may be required to get this functioning?

it's working well for me too. i can accept invites and they appear on my calendar as well. it might help if you could post the specific sync error message.

Guest jlevy73
Quick Question? :)

If I'm correct, T-Mobile users can input a code, number format, (pound i.e Star etc..) to update the towers associated closest to you. Now, I do know that turning the device of for 30 sec or more the device unregisters from the network then regeisters itself when powered. I know this beacuse Verizon as I stated before is one of my service providers along with my T-MO line. So, they have a service where you dial like as number of some sort.. which is tied into the programming system when devices are activated and then announces what would you like to do. Program your device, update your service and extended ares. or customer service.

I haven't checked. I wanted to call CS, but i though this would be faster.

Thanks Guys.. ;)

The answer to this is unfortunately no. CDMA, or more specifically wide band CDMA (used by VZW/Sprint) has the ability to update the PRL for better connection to towers (especially when roaming). GSM does not have the same provisioning and therefore the best one can do is power the phone off then on again to reset the connection to the towers closest to you.