MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rahan95

Only major drawbacks to me : GPS doesn't work + the standard photo gallery, used by the picture widgets doesn't bother with the folders and puts all pictures in same one (probably an HTC issue since B&B gallery sees my folders just fine)

The rest is just impressive !

Thanks Paul

EDIT : I'll take that back : pictures are mixed up in B&B gallery too =(

Edited by rahan95

Guest teddyballgame

wow this ROM is great. thanks paul!

anyone tried using MMS yet? i tried sending one and it failed. just received one and it downloaded but its too blurry to see. not sure if this is because the rom is still alpha or if it can be fixed within the apn settings. im using the stock apn which have given me problems in the past but my nexus has been able to receive pictures without any issues lately. anyone able to provide insight on this?

btw im on t-mobile US.

Guest nexvision
Only major drawbacks to me : GPS doesn't work + the standard photo gallery, used by the picture widgets doesn't bother with the folders and puts all pictures in same one (probably an HTC issue since B&B gallery sees my folders just fine)

The rest is just impressive !

Thanks Paul

EDIT : I'll take that back : pictures are mixed up in B&B gallery too =(

GPS works for me great using Google MAPS cant speak about anything else but make sure you turn location on as it was off by default. Only issue I am having is with BT not pairing.

Guest rahan95

That's why I mentionned Copilot, not Gmaps =)

Even though I'm pretty sure the location found in Maps is more thanks to Wifi triangulatio than the GPS chipset itself

Edit : sorry, forgot to mention it was with Copilot =(

Edited by rahan95

Guest dogei22

This ROM is great, love it! On the other hand, funny that even how great the Sense UI looks on N1, especially after being a Hero owner for over 6 months, I still somehow prefer standard Android on the N1...

Guest nickustinov
That's why I mentionned Copilot, not Gmaps =)

Even though I'm pretty sure the location found in Maps is more thanks to Wifi triangulatio than the GPS chipset itself

Edit : sorry, forgot to mention it was with Copilot =(

Motonav works well with GPS

Guest tokyomonster
This ROM is great, love it! On the other hand, funny that even how great the Sense UI looks on N1, especially after being a Hero owner for over 6 months, I still somehow prefer standard Android on the N1...

I kinda agree -- I'm really liking Sense, but it seems very busy. Not sure how long I'll be using it, but it's definitely a fun change of pace.

Just installed this UI on my N1.

I love it, seems to be very fast. I also seem to prefer this to the stock android UI but we'll see.

Issues.

1. Maps MT doesn't work

2. Google Voice search doesn't work (always says internet problem)

3. The syncing icon is always showing up (although it has synced my contacts, is it syncing or just showing status is on?)

I love it that the ringer lowers volume when picked up.

Overall it's a really solid alpha release.

Guest Greedydog

Great work Paul!

Unfortunately THE thing I wanted to work on this ROM doesn't (at least what I understood should work)...Flash.... to more exact, Shockwave Flash doesn't work so no on demand TV (BBC iPlayer, C4 OD, Hulu etc). Does anyone know if this is just because this is an Alpha or is it because Flash 10.1 doens't support it??

Guest smirnophe
I REALLY can't get used to no multitouch in G MAPS, its just unthinkable! Please bring back multitouch into maps! Thanks, make it the HIGHEST Priority!

Hi,

multitouch in maps works well in maps4.0.0-brut4.apk

On my side flash doesn't work when I take a picture (even if I try to switch it on manually), is it the same for you ?

++

One word for this ROM:WOW!

Seriously though, was gonna keep my bootloader locked and see how things plan out, but couldnt resist the temptation of Sense...5 Minutes into using the Alpha 7 and I already dont wanna switch back to stock nexus!! :D

Guest Vtecbros

Overall alpha 7 is pretty soild build. Im using it for a few days...thats how good of a build it it is for me.

I think i'd prefer N1's Gallery over HTC Sense photo gallery. Stock n1's gallery looks sexy :D Maybe someone can port gallery to htc sense. that would be nice.

Anywho, im loving my n1 so much more now.HTC Sense is Very snappy and fast....Thanks pual!

OH yeah spankwire.com worked :D haha lol flash content literally...ha

Also some apps on market dont appear, actually alot of them.

I installed the latest maps on market, but multi-touch still doesnt work :D

its ok tho its a alpha build :lol:

no whining for me :lol: haha

Hi,

multitouch in maps works well in maps4.0.0-brut4.apk

On my side flash doesn't work when I take a picture (even if I try to switch it on manually), is it the same for you ?

++

Yeah, wait for HTC to fix the Camera app in a future beta. N1 Torch works so it's not a ROM issue.

P

Just installed this UI on my N1.

I love it, seems to be very fast. I also seem to prefer this to the stock android UI but we'll see.

Issues.

1. Maps MT doesn't work

2. Google Voice search doesn't work (always says internet problem)

3. The syncing icon is always showing up (although it has synced my contacts, is it syncing or just showing status is on?)

I love it that the ringer lowers volume when picked up.

Overall it's a really solid alpha release.

1. Yeah, HTC will I imagine fix this in a future build too.

2. No GV in UK. Boo.

3. Not here - syncing works fine!

:D

P

Great work Paul!

Unfortunately THE thing I wanted to work on this ROM doesn't (at least what I understood should work)...Flash.... to more exact, Shockwave Flash doesn't work so no on demand TV (BBC iPlayer, C4 OD, Hulu etc). Does anyone know if this is just because this is an Alpha or is it because Flash 10.1 doens't support it??

When you go to the Adobe 'about page' it detects as 10.1. Odd.

P

Glad you're all enjoying the ROM, although the port isn't overly complex, I totally busted my ass on this one with some REALLY weird problems (as kingclick is finding out) not to mention fixing the graphics stuff but it's worthwhile I reckon. Early early release yet almost good enough main use (in fact, I will!)

P

Guest smirnophe
Glad you're all enjoying the ROM, although the port isn't overly complex, I totally busted my ass on this one with some REALLY weird problems (as kingclick is finding out) not to mention fixing the graphics stuff but it's worthwhile I reckon. Early early release yet almost good enough main use (in fact, I will!)

P

From my point of view you can be proud of your work, this is just awesome !

I didn't expect to be able to get it on my Nexus so fast :D

Big thanks for that, tomorrow I'll upgrade for a paid subscription on MoDaCo :D

++