MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest karnovaran
I have an issue where every night after midnight, when someone sends me a text, it registers the correct time but of the previous day. Does anyone else have this problem or have a fix for it?

I ran into this issue last night on Alpha 17. It seems to happen only between midnight and 1am, so maybe it has something to do with daylight saving time? I tried changing my settings from network-provided to GMT-4 eastern time, but it happened just the same.

Edited by karnovaran

Guest karnovaran
Another issue with this ROM which has been noted is the gradual slowdown- I got to the point today where flicking between homescreens would happen very very slowly. A reboot fixed it, and it was not related to any running apps (I closed most of them), but did become more obvious after running (and fully closing) NemoPlayer. I guess this'll iron out as the rom develops, but thought it might be worth noting.

FWIW, I've had several slowdowns with A17 that I didn't have with prior versions, but no Nemo Player here.

Guest franklin3891

Hi paul, the 4 touch keys (back,menu,home,search) not light.

I make a wipe without a result. I have the alpha 18

When i install the google rom all working fine.

franklin

Guest tim.embedded

I am not sure whether the Desire Sense provides the feature for users to assign the 'back, menu, home and search' at the soft buttons. I am a right-hander. The 'back' button is at the left of the phone and my short thumb finger is always hard to reach it :) .

Guest muncheese

Gallery 3d will force close because it's looking for the 2.1 stock camera application which has been replaced with HTC camera.

You'd have to modify the 2.1 gallery to point to the htc camera if you want it to work. Otherwise use photos instead of gallery. If you push the 2.1 camera app you might be able to get it working. I would try....but I don't realy care that much, lol.

Edited by muncheese

Guest Thetechnogeek
We really could do with the Desire kernel source to fix the remaining issues - BT, Radio, USB connection popup...

P

Thanks Paul. Will that also be the inflection point to fix the SMS issue, or is this related to some other weirdness?

Exciting times for us phone geeks, would be much duller without people like you keeping us on the bleeding edge. Thank you!

Guest fabiocampos

@Paul, the new recovery-RA-nexus-v1.7.0 is compatible with Modaco Desire Sense app2sd or only Cyanogen-5.0.5* ?

Thanks.

Edited by fabiocampos

New version online, apologies for another minor update so soon after A18!

P

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • SMS over 160 characters are not sending successfully - urgently investigating!

Alpha 19

• New su and Superuser APK
    • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
    • RIL update

Guest fabiocampos

P

Known Issues

• SMS over 160 characters are not sending successfully - urgently investigating!

Alpha 19

• RIL update

Cool :)

Thanks @Paul!

Guest GodDriven

P

Known Issues

Alpha 19

• RIL update

Getting On it..

No apologies.. Needed at all..

It's all understandable. You see something better.. You prove test it sureness.. Then give it to your children..

Thanks for always being on time and up to date!

Guest muncheese

Hey paul, I have a question, I manually pushed the stock email.apk to system/app when I was on A17. It was working without issues and cohabiting with HTC Mail fine, I then baked a custom rom for A18. I did an update rather than a wipe and flash.

The email.apk is now absent from system/app, do you happen to know why that is?

Hey paul, I have a question, I manually pushed the stock email.apk to system/app when I was on A17. It was working without issues and cohabiting with HTC Mail fine, I then baked a custom rom for A18. I did an update rather than a wipe and flash.

It's called Mail.apk no?

P

Guest cortez

since the Email.apk is in the /system/app folder, it gets overwritten because the entire folder contents are replaced with each flash. this is why i have to push the stock contacts and Mms.apk app to my device after each flash. or am i missing something here? Edited by cortez

Whats the important Dalvik-cache update?

It was always a dirty hack, now it's a dirty hack that won't do horrible things when you run out of space on /cache. It basically puts your system dalvik-cache on /cache and the rest on /data (after second reboot).

P