MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
It was always a dirty hack, now it's a dirty hack that won't do horrible things when you run out of space on /cache. It basically puts your system dalvik-cache on /cache and the rest on /data (after second reboot).

P

Now that's what it was.. Thanks P, I noticed always that first boot is always a give and take on speed, but now after 2nd reboot as usual it is lighting fast.. So it doesn't just matter on space, it affects speed and processes also.

Guest muncheese
It's called Mail.apk no?

P

Nope, the 2.1 email app is email.apk, and the HTC mail app is mail.apk

since the Email.apk is in the /system/app folder, it gets overwritten because the entire folder contents are replaced with each flash. this is why i have to push the stock contacts and Mms.apk app to my device after each flash. or am i missing something here?

Hmm, I thought the point of doing updates without wipe was to leave in tact what's on the phone and just update the newer stuff?

I'm also having an issue where if I don't switch back to HTC Sense Scene before flashing the update, the htc launcher will get in force close loop when it first boots up.

Edited by muncheese

Guest GodDriven

Suggestion..

I see since P did this update.. A19, It a weird one..

When you first flash over your existing.. Everything is gone.. Then reboot as usual, and the symlink takes effect and organizes again as P has stated.

Do not be alarmed this is the way it goes I see for this Update..

The random reboots you might get is because you might have a lot of info that is being done.. I have gotten three,.

I found< after the second reboot just let it sit there. We always forget, The N1 loads more extensively than others, especially when a rom is about 160MB and with all the weight you/we all add it might just be 300MB! in total or maybe even more.. Only you Know.. But I know that it just takes a min. Just wanted to put that out there for those flashing now.. Just flash, reboot, I say twice, then let it sit.. For like a min or two, then your on your way.. Its moving a lot of ish I see.

Edited by GodDriven

Guest skydart
Suggestion..

I see since P did this update.. A19, It a weird one..

When you first flash over your existing.. Everything is gone.. Then reboot as usual, and the symlink takes effect and organizes again as P has stated.

Do not be alarmed this is the way it goes I see for this Update..

The random reboots you might get is because you might have a lot of info that is being done.. I have gotten three,.

I found< after the second reboot just let it sit there. We always forget, The N1 loads more extensively than others, especially when a rom is about 160MB and with all the weight you/we all add it might just be 300MB! in total or maybe even more.. Only you Know.. But I know that it just takes a min. Just wanted to put that out there for those flashing now.. Just flash, reboot, I say twice, then let it sit.. For like a min or two, then your on your way.. Its moving a lot of ish I see.

GodDriven, I'm going to update to A19 right now, but I'm curious, . . how do you test the speed . . . . you say "Its moving a lot of ish I see". What do you mean, and what do you run to determine the speed?

Guest GodDriven
GodDriven, I'm going to update to A19 right now, but I'm curious, . . how do you test the speed . . . . you say "Its moving a lot of ish I see". What do you mean, and what do you run to determine the speed?

Not so much speed. I meant data being moved around.

Let me tell you my experience. Which never happened, ever. !

I flashed, installed, then my first issue was it said there was no room for sms/mms.. Then all the apps, were missing, it's like it went back to stock.. But P/ said it always wipes? /system, but it never did this.. then I read what P wrote, reboot twice, like Duh, he shouldn't have to write for us, lol, I did, and all was back.. But with a HUGE, and I mean HUGE difference in speed. Like very much slower.. But remember we are still w/o a wipe. So, then I get almost every app FC, literally everyone. Then the SU permissions come up.. Like a ish load of them, I guess it was trying to Que them but couldn't since there were so many.. Then, I got about 4 reboots trying to program it again. I mean, never, have i seen this. I think it's the move, but, it wouldn't affect it as bad right?

I am going to a wipe now, just to see.

Edit: Before I wipe.. If others see the issue I stated above about the FC and all, Without it being internal built apps, I see if you go to the market, download the same app again, all the ones FC, and re-install it works again. It lessens the strain. I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, I just saw that some apps in the link over of the caches, such as their mem, and etc.. did not carry over.. Hence it is not lighting up the app. Then when whatever trace is left is erased and re-installed it works..

Also, rememebr, I always use ADB to push and pull my apps when I do a wipe. So maybe when i did this.. Now, when /System is wiped from the previous way P had it partitioned it cannot link everything together.. So i am goping to play around and re-install every app that FC, and see how the SU permissions go..

Like P said, NEW SU, New allows.

Final Edit: Cleared all the requested SU's.. Re-installed all the FC'ing apps, rebooted.. all is well.

Edited by GodDriven

Guest jlevy73
New version online, apologies for another minor update so soon after A18!

P

Known Issues

• Bluetooth does not work reliably
  • FM Radio finds stations but does not produce any sound
  • Footprints camera view is rotated 90 degrees
  • SMS over 160 characters are not sending successfully - urgently investigating!

Alpha 19

• New su and Superuser APK
    • Important update to dalvik-cache to /cache
    • RIL update

Lol, I will take an update every day :) Thanks

Guest fabiocampos

Some issues after WIPE data/factory and WIPE cache:

- Reboot after restaure apps via Tittanium Backup;

- Cam still FC into Galery 3D.

But, this ROM is great/nice/fast for me :)

Thanks @Paul.

Guest GodDriven

Question..

Guys.. I have always wanted to do this, but, never knew or asked. I may know a lot.. but this one boggles. me. ..

Cyanogen's epe54b gapps 2 can be flashed over this right?

Meaning thisis what Cyan made to have all your apps in the download section of Market... ?

Just a quick question.. Thanks.

Edited by GodDriven

Guest Spwahle

Thank you so much Paul for your work. Just signed up for adfree. My question is does anyone else have MMS problems, I searched the thread did not see to many complaints. Is there a work around yet?

Guest skydart
Not so much speed. I meant data being moved around.

Let me tell you my experience. Which never happened, ever. !

I flashed, installed, then my first issue was it said there was no room for sms/mms.. Then all the apps, were missing, it's like it went back to stock.. But P/ said it always wipes? /system, but it never did this.. then I read what P wrote, reboot twice, like Duh, he shouldn't have to write for us, lol, I did, and all was back.. But with a HUGE, and I mean HUGE difference in speed. Like very much slower.. But remember we are still w/o a wipe. So, then I get almost every app FC, literally everyone. Then the SU permissions come up.. Like a ish load of them, I guess it was trying to Que them but couldn't since there were so many.. Then, I got about 4 reboots trying to program it again. I mean, never, have i seen this. I think it's the move, but, it wouldn't affect it as bad right?

I am going to a wipe now, just to see.

Edit: Before I wipe.. If others see the issue I stated above about the FC and all, Without it being internal built apps, I see if you go to the market, download the same app again, all the ones FC, and re-install it works again. It lessens the strain. I think, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, I just saw that some apps in the link over of the caches, such as their mem, and etc.. did not carry over.. Hence it is not lighting up the app. Then when whatever trace is left is erased and re-installed it works..

Also, rememebr, I always use ADB to push and pull my apps when I do a wipe. So maybe when i did this.. Now, when /System is wiped from the previous way P had it partitioned it cannot link everything together.. So i am goping to play around and re-install every app that FC, and see how the SU permissions go..

Like P said, NEW SU, New allows.

Final Edit: Cleared all the requested SU's.. Re-installed all the FC'ing apps, rebooted.. all is well.

I've wiped "factory reset" and wiped Delvik-cache, then flashed Alpha 19, and it went into the "Brilliantly Quiet" loop . . again, and again, and again. Took battery out, did a full wipe again, (wipe & Delivk-cache wipe), and flashed again. This time is stayed on "Brilliantly Quiet" for a while, and then looped again as it did before. I'm probably going to have to do a complete wipe of everything, data-factory reset, delvik-cache, battery memory, and SD Card repartition. Ouch.

Guest T7Labs

as far as the camera issue goes it was because i accidentally had it checked when restoring my apps in Titanium backup it restored a backup from alpha 16 or 17...

So just an FYI to anyone using Titanium backup make sure to not restore your built in apps..

Edited by T7Labs

Guest NuWorld

Thanks for all the hard work Paul! Going to load A19 up as soon as I get the chance.

All we need now is that SMS bug fixed and we are rollin!

Guest jlevy73
I've wiped "factory reset" and wiped Delvik-cache, then flashed Alpha 19, and it went into the "Brilliantly Quiet" loop . . again, and again, and again. Took battery out, did a full wipe again, (wipe & Delivk-cache wipe), and flashed again. This time is stayed on "Brilliantly Quiet" for a while, and then looped again as it did before. I'm probably going to have to do a complete wipe of everything, data-factory reset, delvik-cache, battery memory, and SD Card repartition. Ouch.

I had that problem with A18 and to resolve it, yeah, I had to wipe everything.

Guest GodDriven
I had that problem with A18 and to resolve it, yeah, I had to wipe everything.

Dam, JLevy73, I dint want it this way.. I'm Not Backstreet.. LOL..

I resolved all of mine.. It was a long boot issue. along with my ADB pushed apps.

So I had to re-install every app, but through the market, so they just overwrote on the new partitions p made and the old ones go bye bye after a reboot.

I placed that whole long list CAUSE I KNEW IF I WENT THROUGH IT A LOT WILL>

AND GUESS WHAT.. You did..

Nice seeing you guys, Skydart and JLevey73 ..