MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

From my point of view you can be proud of your work, this is just awesome !

I didn't expect to be able to get it on my Nexus so fast :D

Big thanks for that, tomorrow I'll upgrade for a paid subscription on MoDaCo :D

++

Thanks for your support! In a nutshell, people's pageviews / subscriptions / etc. etc. make all this possible.

P

Guest PhonePersona

So I need someone to write me a batch script to eliminate the programs I love to hate on the stock Sense UI ROM

I need something that basically will:

adb remount

adb shell /system/app/*Stock*

adb shell /system/app/*teeter*

adb shell /system/app/*Footprints*

adb shell /system/app/*Twit*

adb shell /system/app/*Quick*

Any takers?

So I need someone to write me a batch script to eliminate the programs I love to hate on the stock Sense UI ROM

I need something that basically will:

adb remount

adb shell /system/app/*Stock*

adb shell /system/app/*teeter*

adb shell /system/app/*Footprints*

adb shell /system/app/*Twit*

adb shell /system/app/*Quick*

Any takers?

Why? Just wait for the online kitchen, coming soon.

P

Guest jabbawalkeeee
I can't wait for the new Betas / final ROM... it's gonna be awesome! :D

P

Absolutely amazing Paul...Alpha 7 is stable for everyday use imo. I know you've been busting your ass on this one so my hat is off to you and I plan on donating and becoming a VIP Member very soon :D

But, one thing I've noticed that bugs me is that when I hook the phone up via USB to my computer, I am unable to connect. The USB notification doesn't even show in the status bar so I am unable to mount it. Are you aware of this issue? Just thought I'd let you know so we can hopefully get it fixed soon. Thanks again!

Oh, and another thing...there are a number of apps that do not show up in the market on your ROM (just to name a few...Google Goggles, Shopper, CameraPro, etc.)

Edited by jabbawalkeeee

Serious good stuff! just a quick summary of the (very limited)problems/observation I have so far, some others might got the same thing:

1) cannot connect SD to PC, nothing show up when USB is plugged in, tried all 4 options (Charge Only, HTC Sync, Disk drive, Internet sharing) and doesnt seem to make any difference. However, its a very good sign that there are option for the default connection type! USB Tether as well!!

2) Sync symbol was up all the time first time loading the ROM, but seems to gone back to normal after reboot, no idea what was causing it.

3) FM Radio definitely is scanning the local station and returning all the right findings! though nothing comes out of the headphone at the moment.

4) cant load live wallpaper from settings (probably HTC problem, nothing to do with porting this ROM)

5)In "Setting","about phone","system software updates" there is now actually a button to click "check now" to check the software updates, dont think such option is there, perhaps HTC is just gearing up for OTA updates/better software support, which is definitley a good sign!!

I m gonna have to switch back to the stock rom (very reluctantly) for the time being, will try again when new ROM comes out. Thanks very much for the hard work Paul!!!!

P.S. do u have any guestimate when will the new leak/release might be?

Beatiful work Paul,

I have noted (just for fix in future release) that when you try to change the wallpaper, the "Live Wallpaper" and "Photo" are inverted.

thanks a lot for your work.

You're doing some amazing work.

I rebooted the phone and the syncing issue is gone as well as some other issues.

Now I have dual notification: the trackpad and the top led light.

Guest t2abousa
Still having an issue pairing my headset. Anyone else seeing this? Outside of that no issues

my bluetooth wont find anything relating to A2DP at all, but its finding my mac

Guest bigwh00p

I'm getting the same issue as well with Bluetooth not being able to pair with devices. I go into the Bluetooth settings and select scan for devices but it just keeps scanning, not finding my headset. I'm running alpha 7.

Still having an issue pairing my headset. Anyone else seeing this? Outside of that no issues

This is amazing. I'm really happy about this.

One problem though - Google Voice integration doesn't work. Dialing from the phone uses my actual number and the voice mail integration setup step fails.

Let me know if there's anything I can provide you to help resolve this.

That's why I mentionned Copilot, not Gmaps =)

Even though I'm pretty sure the location found in Maps is more thanks to Wifi triangulatio than the GPS chipset itself

Edit : sorry, forgot to mention it was with Copilot =(

copilot 8 and GPS working here... before launching copilot, i enabled GPS via the Power Widget and within 10 seconds, it found my location. i'm using Alpha 6 (with Paul's manual script to move sounds).

Paul - i am very grateful to you for sharing this ROM. it's obvious that you take pride in your work and want others to share (some of) the experiences that we otherwise would not be able to. thanks so for much for your time and effort to meet the requests of this community. unless i encounter a major issue, the ROM is staying on my phone until the next release. i also want to recognize the super early adopters for using the early versions and reporting their feedback. reading the feedback helps me understand what i'm about to get into!

My feedback is below

** features/functionality working for me **

1. GPS (with copilot & GMaps)

2. Exchange Mail. Calendar & Contacts (key features for me)

3. MMS (test based on send-to/received-by ME)

4. GMail (although no ability to increase font size, i'll likely add as an IMAP email account instead)

5. Market

6. Wifi

7. 3G/H (meaning signal meter change from 3G to H)

8. GMaps & GPS

9. Swype (WVGA-trial-release.1.16.12.5228.2.19-fix)

10. rebooting without issue

11. pinch to zoom in Exchange, pop3 and IMAP

12. manual mount/dismount of microSD card

13. Speed Dial (maybe i didn't know how to enable it with the stock rom)

14. Gallery installed and working

** features/functionality not working for me (none consider showstoppers)**

1. Bluetooth pairing

2. Flash

3. pinch to zoom in GMaps

4. out of sequence time stamps on some SMS's

** features/functionality that i miss (or haven't learned to enable yet)**

1. Distinct notification tone for different mail accounts

2. pinch to zoom in GMaps (if there's an apk that enables this feature please direct me to it)

Guest Chris 85

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, when you change your wallpapers, the settings are a little messed up.

eg) Go to settings, click wall papers and then;

- If you click 'Live Wallpapers' it selects the one below 'Wallpaper Gallery'

- If you click 'Wallpaper Gallery' it selects the one below 'Photos'

- If you click 'Photos' it takes you to the 'Live Wallpapers'

This is an alpha, so obviously I'm not remotely bothered, just wanted to make sure people knew that this was the case, for future developments, maybe it can be fixed - and also a lot of people mentioned Live Wallpapers not working, this is probably the cause - just click 'Photo's and you can then chose a Live Wallpaper - works fine on mine!!

Thanks again for this - its an amazing Alpha release, I'll be keeping it on for a few days!

Guest iVisionX01

So far the ROM has been great but I am having a problem getting apps to get SU permission. The Screen just hangs and everything is black the notification bar still works fine so that means the phone isn't frozen does anybody know how to get around that?

Also Google Voice doesn't work for outgoing calls probably because of the new dialer.

So far the ROM has been great but I am having a problem getting apps to get SU permission. The Screen just hangs and everything is black the notification bar still works fine so that means the phone isn't frozen does anybody know how to get around that?

Also Google Voice doesn't work for outgoing calls probably because of the new dialer.

I figured it was likely HTC's issue, but might be worth reporting. Unfortunately it's a deal breaker for me - which sucks because I really love this.

Guest nitroboost

Do you have USB Debugging enabled when you cause the su permissions screen to pop?

Guest nexvision
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, when you change your wallpapers, the settings are a little messed up.

eg) Go to settings, click wall papers and then;

- If you click 'Live Wallpapers' it selects the one below 'Wallpaper Gallery'

- If you click 'Wallpaper Gallery' it selects the one below 'Photos'

- If you click 'Photos' it takes you to the 'Live Wallpapers'

This is an alpha, so obviously I'm not remotely bothered, just wanted to make sure people knew that this was the case, for future developments, maybe it can be fixed - and also a lot of people mentioned Live Wallpapers not working, this is probably the cause - just click 'Photo's and you can then chose a Live Wallpaper - works fine on mine!!

Thanks again for this - its an amazing Alpha release, I'll be keeping it on for a few days!

Live wallpapaers have been working just fine for me no hiccups at all selecting it properly as well.