MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

I still have no mms just saying. I have the latest radio...do you think the radiocould cause it?

radio has pretty mych nothing to do with MMS. Your settings are wrong.

Guest kimaro

Hi all!

First post here but long time reading :)

First I have to say is Thank You to Paul and all of you who make this ROMs possible.

Yesterday I flashed the A19 in my Nexus, but the results aren´t so good as I have waited:

-The phone runs slower than with the stock Rom, when I move in contacts for example the list doesn´t move as fluid as it was to be. It give little steps.

-The battery runs out faster than ever!

-And of course my bluetooth isn´t working.

I know that there are people with BT running properly. Wich radio are you using? Is there any common factor in "BT working" nexus and "BT non working" ones??

Nevertheless I´m happy having my Sense againg. I missed it from my Hero times ;)

BR

Edited by kimaro

Guest kkempe
Hey, Paul,

Can you include the A2SD in the next update?

A2SD is already there, not in the standard, but if you pay for an adfree or plus membership (and believe me, it's worth it), you can select the objects you want to have in the rom and cook your own - with A2SD. Give it a try ;-)

Hi all!

First I have to say is Thank You to Paul and all of you who make this ROMs possible.

Yesterday I flashed the A19 in my Nexus, but the results aren´t so good as I have waited:

-The phone runs slower than with the stock Rom, when I move in contacts for example the list doesn´t move as fluid as it was to be. It give little steps.

I know that there are people with BT running properly. Wich radio are you using? Is there any common factor in "BT working" nexus and "BT non working" ones??

Nevertheless I´m happy having my Sense againg. I missed it from my Hero times ;)

BR

BT not working is a known problem! There are some ways to get it working, but still it sometimes work sometimes doesn't.

My battery is not draining fast. I'm using the newest radio (which is recommended with this rom). Just use a task manager of somekind and use it to kill processes that you don't need.

Guest kimaro
BT not working is a known problem! There are some ways to get it working, but still it sometimes work sometimes doesn't.

My battery is not draining fast. I'm using the newest radio (which is recommended with this rom). Just use a task manager of somekind and use it to kill processes that you don't need.

I knew about the BT problem, but I read people saying that their BT worked well, and I hoped I was one of them ;)

How can I try to get it working? I´ve been reading the post but 200 pages are a lot information to check :)

I had SetCPU, Process Manager and Battery Manager running with same config I had with the stock Rom to avoid battery consumption but it still drains very fast.

I´ll take a look to the new radio. Does it need a wipe after install?

Thanks!

Edited by kimaro

Guest Gulzar
I´ll take a look to the new radio. Does it need a wipe after install?

Thanks!

I just installed a new radio, and didnt wipe or anything after the install.

Guest xandroid

Updated to the latest ROM and Radio and due to this lost MMS sending and receiving capabilities. Similar problem was with Nexus One stock ROM and radio (received, but was not able to send), but after updating to early desire ROMs was able to send and receive without any problems. The MMS settings are correct. I'm using TELE2 in Estonia. Any ideas or successions guys?

Alpha 14 sends and receives just fine, with the 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio

Edited by xandroid

Guest skydart
The Latest radio is this one 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2

I've downloaded and flashed this radio image (updated to it from A19), and so far, this is a REALLY GREAT radio image for me. Prior to this radio image, I could not reliably make a call from within my house, without wearing a tall tin-foil hat. I can tell you now that I have been on a call now, for 43+ minutes and not only have I not dropped the call, but it's also not choppy, (as though I'm just about to drop the call). In fact, I'm happily enjoying 3 bars! Wahooo!!!

Guest xakashi

very little phone storage space and available memory faced from using alpha 19. makes it feel laggy as well

after initial restart , it turned better , with more available memory and phone storage

Edited by xakashi

Guest polo79
Hi all!

BR

i agree, battery life has been a little less than before. but on the contacts you have to realize that HTC contacts updates all your friends with facebook so i think that may be where you are seeing a little more choppiness. maybe i don't notice it cause i had the Hero before and THAT was choppy.

Guest GodDriven
I've downloaded and flashed this radio image (updated to it from A19), and so far, this is a REALLY GREAT radio image for me. Prior to this radio image, I could not reliably make a call from within my house, without wearing a tall tin-foil hat. I can tell you now that I have been on a call now, for 43+ minutes and not only have I not dropped the call, but it's also not choppy, (as though I'm just about to drop the call). In fact, I'm happily enjoying 3 bars! Wahooo!!!

Sky dart doh... lol...

Thanks again for the radio clarification. I juwt thought 00.21_2

We the new one..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest skydart

I finding an abnormality that I don't know how to resolve. I'm getting Wireless AND Edge/H/G/, etc., at the same time, but dont' seem to be using Wireless, (the speeds are way too slow). How can I only use one at a time? Is this a known issue? Please advise.

UPDATE: I think I might need to wipe and flash again, but . . . . . being that it's Friday . . . . . . . I don't really want to wipe and flash and install all my apps again . . . . if . . .;-)

Hey, one can be hopeful!

Edited by skydart

Guest 7500usr
Sky dart doh... lol...

Thanks again for the radio clarification. I juwt thought 00.21_2

We the new one..

what was this in reference too?

Guest hks18psigst

Hey Paul any idea why ever since 17+ I can't push framework-res to get the transparent notification tray? I can't even apply morphs hmm... odd

Guest SAAAAAANDWICHES!

Is anyone else having the sync icon stay in the tray permanently? It's starting to make me go OCD...

I've disabled syncing individually and globally but it still stays there. I've even uninstalled Touchdown and it still is trying to background sync. What's funny is it seems it's just stuck because there is no background data being transferred...

Guest kimaro
i agree, battery life has been a little less than before. but on the contacts you have to realize that HTC contacts updates all your friends with facebook so i think that may be where you are seeing a little more choppiness. maybe i don't notice it cause i had the Hero before and THAT was choppy.

I´m using the nexus native app for contacts. I like it more than the Sense one... And it was sync with facebook contacts too and wasn´t so sluggish...

I don´t know if this is known or not, but the charging led do what it wants!! ;) Sometimes on while charging, sometimes off and most strange sometimes it remains green for hours even when I unplugged the charger...

I´m eager for next release.

Paul, please, fix the BT and all of us will love you forever and ever :)

Thanks

Guest cortez
Is anyone else having the sync icon stay in the tray permanently? It's starting to make me go OCD...

I've disabled syncing individually and globally but it still stays there. I've even uninstalled Touchdown and it still is trying to background sync. What's funny is it seems it's just stuck because there is no background data being transferred...

i see the sync icon only when my Exchange account or my Gmail account (configured via the HtcMail app) is receiving/sending email. question: are you using Touchdown because the Exchange features of Alpha 19 don't meet your needs (e.g., you need 2 or more exchange email accounts)?