MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nitroboost
Quick question: Has anyone upgraded the Alpha 7 kernel to .32?

From XDA:

I installed it and this is GOOD!

even install .32 under-volt kernel on top of it, so far so good it is working well.

Thank You for Your efforts

su is missing in /system/xbin ???

Edited by nitroboost

Guest jabbawalkeeee
Just in case anyone hasn't noticed, when you change your wallpapers, the settings are a little messed up.

eg) Go to settings, click wall papers and then;

- If you click 'Live Wallpapers' it selects the one below 'Wallpaper Gallery'

- If you click 'Wallpaper Gallery' it selects the one below 'Photos'

- If you click 'Photos' it takes you to the 'Live Wallpapers'

This is an alpha, so obviously I'm not remotely bothered, just wanted to make sure people knew that this was the case, for future developments, maybe it can be fixed - and also a lot of people mentioned Live Wallpapers not working, this is probably the cause - just click 'Photo's and you can then chose a Live Wallpaper - works fine on mine!!

Thanks again for this - its an amazing Alpha release, I'll be keeping it on for a few days!

I noticed the same thing as well - there all switched around haha.

Guest Celeborn81

Going directly from Alpha 1 to 7 there's a noticeable difference in rendering speed, for example when switching home screens and scrolling in the browser. Significantly lower FPS.

Exact flashing procedure: CM5 -> wipe -> Alpha 1 -> wipe -> CM5 -> wipe -> Alpha 7.

Also, the phone runs hot, quite a bit hotter than for example CM5, cant remember this being an issue with Alpha 1.

Other than that its very cool :D Small issues like the wallpaper links mentioned earlier but no big issues yet. (other than the FPS obviously)

Let me know if there are any logs or tests you want me to perform!

A happy ad free subscriber :D

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I noticed that some HTC Widgets, such as Friend Stream, doesn't sync. It shows the syncing activity though. For me, it was with facebook. Didn't try twitter nor flickr.

Also, USB mounting doesn't work. It only charges, nothing else.

Guest iVisionX01
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I noticed that some HTC Widgets, such as Friend Stream, doesn't sync. It shows the syncing activity though. For me, it was with facebook. Didn't try twitter nor flickr.

Also, USB mounting doesn't work. It only charges, nothing else.

I got the same issue.

Guest theslam10

Damn that same hero bug is still here, was hoping that was going to go away...

SOME TXT will come several minutes fast, and it just sets everything out of order...its annoying but I am definitely over it!

AMAZING WORK! No bugs besides that msg one (the wallpaper menu matches up fine for me...a7 too). FAST FAST FAST! HOW HERO SHOULD BE! On the G1 it was depressing, very slow couldnt even enjoy it. Now its like a brand new computer with all the bells n whistles :D.

Will def. join in a few days, keep up the excellent work man :D. SERIOUSLY!

I got the same issue.
the work-around is a few posts (or so) above yours. this is what i used.

(To Mount)

adb remount

adb shell

su

sdutil ums enable (sdutil ums disable to end)

then from Settings-->Connect to PC-->Disk Drive and you should see your microSD card appears in explorer.

(To Unmount)

adb remount

adb shell

su

sdutil ums disable

my nexus one has been on the htc quietly brilliant screen for 3 minutes is that normally??

If you've only just flashed the ROM, the initial boot takes around 5mins.

the work-around is a few posts (or so) above yours. this is what i used.

(To Mount)

adb remount

adb shell

su

Why don't you guys just download MountUSB from the Android Market? a lot easier than typing out commands.

Guest Mi|enko

So far, so good. I've done my standard installing of all of my personal apps, removal of Rosie and all HTC widgets, etc. Been running flawless. I thought I had a hero rom running damn near perfect on my MyTouch, but it most certainly doens't compare to how well this runs.

Great job Paul.

Ps. For those of you wondering why I bother running a SenseUI rom if I'm going to just remove everything; I like the way everything integrates. :-) Plain and simple.

Edited by Mi|enko

Guest Mi|enko
Thanks!!!

I like the Gallery way more than the standard Htc photos!!!

Yeah. I also pushed the Gallery to mine so that it could sync with Picasa. Store my wallpapers there rather than on the SD.

Yeah. I also pushed the Gallery to mine so that it could sync with Picasa. Store my wallpapers there rather than on the SD.

I grabbed the gallery from that link also but it just hangs at 'loading photos'.

Is there a trick to getting it to work?

Guest kash521

you should name this ROM the "MoDaCo Makes N.O. Sense" :D

(N.O. = Nexus 1)

alpha 7 is running pretty damn smooth for this early of a build, BUT my incoming texts are timestamped a few minutes ahead and it completely throws off all my texts. I know this was an issue in the old hero roms for the g1/mytouch, so anyway to implement a fix?

Guest Mi|enko
I grabbed the gallery from that link also but it just hangs at 'loading photos'.

Is there a trick to getting it to work?

Don't know. I didn't grab the one from the link. I pulled mine from Cy's latest rom, threw a different icon on it, and pushed it to /system/app/. I know mine works fine, so I went ahead and attached it for you. Just remove the .zip from the end.

Gallery3D.apk.zip

Edited by Mi|enko

Don't know. I didn't grab the one from the link. I pulled mine from Cy's latest rom, threw a different icon on it, and pushed it to /system/app/. I know mine works fine, so I went ahead and attached it for you. Just remove the .zip from the end.
Worked perfectly! I agree with you guys, the stock N1 gallery app is much better.

Thanks for the help!

The only thing missing here would be for the friendstream widget thing to support google buzz also :D

Edited by jdoo

Having troubles flashing the undervolted kernel. Anyone else able to flash it?

D:\Android>fastboot flash zimage zImage

sending 'zimage' (2171 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zimage'... FAILED (remote: unknown fail)

EDIT: so i was able to flash the undervolted+OC'ed kernel but not the undervolted+stock clockspeeds kernel. Hmm..

Edited by huey-t

having problem installing fonts

normally i would

adb push xxx.ttf /system/fonts

adb reboot

this time after do the push above, my N1 will not boot

do i have to place the font in different directory?