MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
As stated previously, FM radio won't be fully working until we get the kernel source.

P

I recommend Radio Time or Tune wiki.. they all have the same effect. Just not built internally. Radiotime Nd tunewiki are in the market...

AlwAys remember that, that once was an issue with the cam and still with minor things and def the BT and FM. The kernel is the key..

Guest docchris1980
I recommend Radio Time or Tune wiki.. they all have the same effect. Just not built internally. Radiotime Nd tunewiki are in the market...

AlwAys remember that, that once was an issue with the cam and still with minor things and def the BT and FM. The kernel is the key..

yeah paul... would it be possible to i dont know, split the thread or something? have one locked thread with the rom/kitchen in it (so we can subscribe to that only and get notified when you post new ROMs) and a separate thread for discussion.

just thinking out loud here

Guest acantril
There IS no 786MHz issue as far as I can tell!

P

Firstly sorry for the continued reposts - ill try and keep track of this better. My problem is that ive noticed the desire ROM seems a lot slower on the N1 than say the Cyan rom. I did a little digging and apart from a massive amount less free memory after a day of use ( say 160 vs 43 ) a number of system info apps (quick system info - seems to be the fav ) report the CPU speed as 768mhz rather than the 1000 mhz reported when using the Cyan rom.

I'm pretty ok if this is simply a value being returned by the underlying OS, if its wrong. BUt my concern was that the device is being scaled back to desire speeds for some reason. If this has been answered before then my apologies, im pretty new here and wanted a few loose ends answered. SOrry if i annoyed.

Thats all, just some concern :P

Edited by acantril

Guest JonnyRockets
yeah paul... would it be possible to i dont know, split the thread or something? have one locked thread with the rom/kitchen in it (so we can subscribe to that only and get notified when you post new ROMs) and a separate thread for discussion.

just thinking out loud here

GREAT idea!!!

Guest docchris1980
I'll think about a good way to alert of new releases... :P

P

you're such a star! let me know if you are ever in london & i'll buy you a pint (or 5!)

Guest deanesn
As stated previously, FM radio won't be fully working until we get the kernel source.

P

OK, let me try to help Paul here. Here is the HTC website where they post their source code for their kernals http://developer.htc.com/ Until you see Desire there forget about the FM radio and even then it will take time for Paul to figure it out. And all this if that is where Paul gets the kernal source code from and If it is, judging by the dates the ones that were posted there it will be good 3-4 months before you Desire kernal so please stop refreshing the page every 10 mins. lol (if i did wrong by posting HTC website let me know, dont want to step on anyones toes)

One thing i wanted to add is if you wanted a better experience with this rom please get your CPU overclocked. I have used this rom with stock speed and with the overclocked and under volted and let me you tell what a big difference it makes especially on start up when all the apps are being loaded. This for the ppl that come from the cyanogenmod roms. If you want the same fast experiences with this rom overclock your CPU. And please for the new ppl (notice I am new too) there are 213 pages in this thread and let me tell you that probably 98% of the issue you find are already posted here so SEARCH the thread. Not trying to be mean but I guess I am tried of reading the same post over and over again about the same issue (good example is APN settings).

Paul good job on everything you have done so far and keep it up. I wish i can help but do not know much about compiling code and all that. hoping one day I will have the knowledge so we can add 360 degree, battery percentage, trackball awake and all those goodies to this rom. :P

Guest PeRKoniX
New update coming soon with a long SMS fix, based on a very very new leak (newer than shipping Desires). Bit of a PITA for me to repackage it all tho, so it won't be today!

P

Great! I have used r19 for quite a while now and haven't got any issues using it (except for sms). For me the latest releases are as good as stock, actually better of course^^. A working FM radio would be nice but in the netherlands I have a quite fast hsdpa connection so internet radio works like charm (with the app RadioTime) :P

Keep up the good work. Love my N1 1000x more thanks to your releases!

Guest Sabiwa
I'll think about a good way to alert of new releases... :P

P

Ehm Twitter ?

I still hope for a fully working BT soon but hey i know your doing the best you can

Guest Terry Choi
Sine You have a headset.. It may work if you do the "little trick" by pressing scan when both are set to pair, then press discoverable in the middle of the scan.. Finally followed by pairing.. If you keep them paired I.E. device turned on you will have no issues.. Cars.. and other more advanced http://www.bluetooth.com/English/Technolog...cation_v30.aspx / http://www.bluetooth.com/English/Technolog...n_v21__EDR.aspx items may have an issue.. This is soley based on the Kernal Source being needed to correctly tune and mod the correcxt things to flare it up.. This was affecting the Cam at some point and still affects FM radio and minor other things...

Hope that helps... Just be patient as he works into this.. Nothing much can be done.. Besides the Custom Poll I started earlier post 4145, to see some of our requested additions..

thx so much!! I can pair with my bluetooth now...:P

Guest AndyCr15

I've been able to pair my car stereo with the N1 running this ROM, that worked okay. I can play music through the stereo, but when I call or receive a call, it defaults to using the phone still over the 'Bluetooth headset' or stereo in this case.

Is there a way to change the default or is this one of the known issues?

Thanks.

Guest GodDriven
thx so much!! I can pair with my bluetooth now...:P

Glad to see the little trick is still up there as a poss fix...

In reference to fm radio.... Radio time and tune wiki are in the market. Radio time will NOT disappoint anyone. This shall you up till P comes around. Another thing I found that blends well is cachemate... flyscreen... and etc....

Guest jutley

a few questions does usb file transfer work it doesnt for me.and how does apps to sd work doesnt seem to work again i have 512mb ext2 and swap of 512mb nothing was moved to the sd can anyone confirm thease are working or not thanks.

Guest mi_canuck

anyone running with A2SD? does it work well? how is the speed? do you need a Class 6 or higher microSD? i'm using a 16GB Sandisk Class 2 (but it consistenly provides 5-6MB/sec transfer speeds)...

does the freeing up of onboard RAM help the Nexus run smoother?

cheers

Guest AndyCr15

A2SD works for me according to 'Quick System Info' app. I have 686mb available in 'A2SD Storage' with 597 free.

As for performance, I don't really have anything to compare against.

Guest Aspergillus
anyone running with A2SD? does it work well? how is the speed? do you need a Class 6 or higher microSD? i'm using a 16GB Sandisk Class 2 (but it consistenly provides 5-6MB/sec transfer speeds)...

does the freeing up of onboard RAM help the Nexus run smoother?

cheers

Hi m8,

I'm using a2sd with a class2 Card.. sandisk Same as You.

No problems at all.. speed is good..

Regards Aspi

Guest Askani

Well, I guess this is a bug, after some use time my N1 tends to get laggy and a bit slow, I noticed that when I open several windows on browser this bug happens faster.

Anyway, A19 running...

Guest codeXcalibur
New update coming soon with a long SMS fix, based on a very very new leak (newer than shipping Desires).

Paul, could you please put this ROM also in the HTC Desire section of the board?

Edited by codeXcalibur

Guest codeXcalibur
Why, it's not a Desire ROM and it won't work on the Desire.

P

Oh sorry I thought you are adapting an original ROM of the desire. But is there hope that Desire users will also get a new ROM soon? :P

Guest GodDriven
Oh sorry I thought you are adapting an original ROM of the desire. But is there hope that Desire users will also get a new ROM soon? :P

Seems.. Everyone Is hitting the Nails on the Heads.. :(

Edited by GodDriven