MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest NexusCody
IMHO I would say working long SMS is MUCH more important than the FM radio.

Besides, i'm pretty sure we can get the radio working when we have the Desire kernel source.

P

OMG...some people just don't get it. Paul awesome job! I agree fix SMS before the Radio.... and THANKS AGAIN for all your efforts here! I'm so stoked to just have Sense on my N1...end of story....I can live with the little nagging issues until you get time to address them, that is if you ever get time considering that this is a part time thing for you!

Thanks Again!

Guest thelucster
OMG...some people just don't get it. Paul awesome job! I agree fix SMS before the Radio.... and THANKS AGAIN for all your efforts here! I'm so stoked to just have Sense on my N1...end of story....I can live with the little nagging issues until you get time to address them, that is if you ever get time considering that this is a part time thing for you!

Thanks Again!

I have exactly the same thoughts! Thanks Paul, and have a good Easter!

Guest jutley

woo hoo i just cooked meself a tasty rom it looks damm good i will let you know how it goes down donated to addfree loving it baby yeaaaaaaaa

Guest reid-o
Firstly sorry for the continued reposts - ill try and keep track of this better. My problem is that ive noticed the desire ROM seems a lot slower on the N1 than say the Cyan rom. I did a little digging and apart from a massive amount less free memory after a day of use ( say 160 vs 43 ) a number of system info apps (quick system info - seems to be the fav ) report the CPU speed as 768mhz rather than the 1000 mhz reported when using the Cyan rom.

I'm pretty ok if this is simply a value being returned by the underlying OS, if its wrong. BUt my concern was that the device is being scaled back to desire speeds for some reason. If this has been answered before then my apologies, im pretty new here and wanted a few loose ends answered. SOrry if i annoyed.

Thats all, just some concern :P

I'm running at a full 998mhz, but it may be that you clicked Automatically detect settings. Change that and select Nexus one Snapdragon directly. Press the menu button and select device and redo it, and you should see the full 998mhz.

I believe I did push automatically detect settings, and it did only show me 7something as the peak, but then I redid it and it was fine.

Also this kernel is a highmem kernel, so I don't see how ram would be an issue. Even with many apps running, you should see significantly more ram than stock.

I would guess, though, that having the sense UI run on 2.1 would use a bit more resources than the native one without--just a guess. You can't compare the 2 UI and homescreens, as they're not the same.

I suggest you play with Spare Parts and enable the animations to fast, and that makes a difference to me.

Also, the HTC browser is not the same as native android browser, so you cant really attribute the speed and rendering differences to the CPU.

It's a completely different browser in general. For example I find the native browser to render pages much faster, but then it's not rendering the flash.

Also, I find that the HTC browser is much much much better at double click to zoom. The text wraps perfectly, but that doesn't happen at least for me with the native browser, so while the stock one is snappy, I find that the HTC version is a bit easier to use.

Edited by reid-o

Guest jutley

i just cooked a rom and flashed it to my nexus one how long does it take it seems to keep looping the nexus one boot logo can anyone help i did radio update and apps2sd bootsound and picked some not all the apps have i done something wrong its now been 4 minites on boot loop help

update its now been 6 minites still looping what can i do?

edit i used ext4 for apps2sd does this rom suport it or should i have used ext2

edit i have wiped and changed ext4 to ext2 and reinstalled just waiting

Edited by jutley

Guest cortez
i just cooked a rom and flashed it to my nexus one how long does it take it seems to keep looping the nexus one boot logo can anyone help i did radio update and apps2sd bootsound and picked some not all the apps have i done something wrong its now been 4 minites on boot loop help

update its now been 6 minites still looping what can i do?

edit i used ext4 for apps2sd does this rom suport it or should i have used ext2

edit i have wiped and changed ext4 to ext2 and reinstalled just waiting

when this happened to me, i pulled the battery, booted to recovery, wiped the data, dalvik and ext caches, then reflashed the ROM. i didn't include a Radio because i didn't want to update mine. once the phone booted, i had to reinstall apps, etc., but i was good to go from that point. Edited by cortez

Guest jutley

i just tried that and still getting the loops but i did incluse the radio update i need help paul.

edit i am going back to desire normal rom not cooked and see if it works

Edited by jutley

Guest sftechiegirl
i just tried that and still getting the loops but i did incluse the radio update i need help paul.

Did you rebake the ROM? It happened to me once and I had to rebake the ROM. I'm not sure why the first one didn't work, but the rebaked version flashed fine for me.

Guest jutley

ok flashed back the normal desire rom and all working again thats great but why dont my cooked rom work i just donated aswell i really wanted my taylored nexus

UPDATE i just recooked another rom but this time no original nexus bootscreen no bootsound no radio update cause i already did it and its still looping cant figure it out

UPDATE atlast it worked so there is something wrong with apps2sd maybe my memory card oh well will have to live without it

Edited by jutley

Guest Thetechnogeek
And please for the new ppl (notice I am new too) there are 213 pages in this thread and let me tell you that probably 98% of the issue you find are already posted here so SEARCH the thread. Not trying to be mean but I guess I am tried of reading the same post over and over again about the same issue (good example is APN settings).

Paul good job on everything you have done so far and keep it up. I wish i can help but do not know much about compiling code and all that. hoping one day I will have the knowledge so we can add 360 degree, battery percentage, trackball awake and all those goodies to this rom. :(

Amen to the first statement above :(. I know people tend to get excited about new developments, but to be honest guys, we don't all need to know that you've cooked a new ROM and how excited you are about it, or that an issue that's been reported a hundred times is also an issue for you, or, more bizarrely, seeming demands that Paul includes or excludes some new, esoteric or unavailable feature in the next ROM. Because I'm an utter saddo, I did a quick scan of many of the 216 pages in this thread, and roughly a half are just statements of what an overexcited individual thinks about the ROM, with no added new knowledge, and about a third are entirely asinine. I'm not counting any that include a thank you to Paul, which seem entirely appropriate to post.

So let's show a little discipline here folks- first, read or search the entire thread. Second, appreciate we don't need to know that you think that this ROM is better than sex- we know how good it is, and what the current issues are. Let's try to help each other, share new findings, and most of all, give Paul and all the other contributors to this ROM a substantial round of applause, without assuming their job includes being a 24/7 helpdesk.

Unfortunately I've sinned badly here by doing exactly what I'm advocating others don't do. Sorry. But I think it needed to be said :P

Guest Raspster

Thanks Again!

Same here. I am patiently waiting. I'm still stoked that I even HAVE a desire ROM on my N1! Again, I can't even begin to thank you enough! PS - Any of you guys see that the Desire is coming to Telstra? That means 850mhz 3G for AT&T users. hmmmm

Paul, quick question. Does the on-board memory every stop going down? I have not installed any apps for the past 5 days and I have been slowly watching it drop... No doubt due to cache but wondering if it will ever stop. lol

Edited by Raspster

Guest GodDriven
Same here. I am patiently waiting. I'm still stoked that I even HAVE a desire ROM on my N1! Again, I can't even begin to thank you enough! PS - Any of you guys see that the Desire is coming to Telstra? That means 850mhz 3G for AT&T users. hmmmm

Swordsmen Fight!

Yes.. I am very happy.. Playing Nintendo and Sega and everything seems to be better on this ROM.. Like the graphics and density on those led's are phenomenal..

So thanks P, Wish we could donate our friends naked wives/G-Friends.. But that'd be hard to convince them.. :P

FIREFOX-FIREFOX

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=6028060 XDA LINK

http://fs09n1.sendspace.com/dl/37940963ac2...3_28_fennec.apk Direct Download

FINALLY. its not the real one.. but it'll definitely do..

The Username and password are on the download page.

User: fennec

Password: android

Feel free to test it.

Thank for your reply.

Martin

Edited by GodDriven

Guest Staticjupiter

Hello everyone, just want to say thanks for Paul for this awesome ROM and i know that we shouldn't be just posting to say thanks but i have another issue to raise.

I updated to A19 and everything runs perfectly for me, the only thing is that when I overclock the CPU for my N1 as previously discussed in this thread the wifi seems to not work, It just goes unable to connect and stays on and won't turn off. I've isolated this to just the overclocking it seems cause when i just reflash it works perfectly again but of course i lose the overclock. :(

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue? If this was previously discussed, sorry to reraise the issue.

Thanks everyone :P

Guest deanesn
Hello everyone, just want to say thanks for Paul for this awesome ROM and i know that we shouldn't be just posting to say thanks but i have another issue to raise.

I updated to A19 and everything runs perfectly for me, the only thing is that when I overclock the CPU for my N1 as previously discussed in this thread the wifi seems to not work, It just goes unable to connect and stays on and won't turn off. I've isolated this to just the overclocking it seems cause when i just reflash it works perfectly again but of course i lose the overclock. :(

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue? If this was previously discussed, sorry to reraise the issue.

Thanks everyone :P

Which kernanl did you use to overclock yours? I use the one that was posted on page 197 of this thread. I believe is the one that is used in the cyanogenmod rom and everything works fine actually it makes the Desire experience so much better.

Guest Raspster

Wondering what everyone has for battery drain. What is the major contributor for your batt loss. As of right now, my cell standby and phone idle are on the top for me. I am only a moderate user and the strange thing is on a previous flash, I noticed that call standby and phone idle were always on the bottom of the list. Wonder if I now have something draggin my batt down that was not doing it before.

Guest rICHIEa1226
Wondering what everyone has for battery drain. What is the major contributor for your batt loss. As of right now, my cell standby and phone idle are on the top for me. I am only a moderate user and the strange thing is on a previous flash, I noticed that call standby and phone idle were always on the bottom of the list. Wonder if I now have something draggin my batt down that was not doing it before.

Go to droiddog.com and look up the video with the description that carlos posted. He will explain to you what to do and download, I get extreme battery usage and I do not stop using my phone.

Guest Raspster
Go to droiddog.com and look up the video with the description that carlos posted. He will explain to you what to do and download, I get extreme battery usage and I do not stop using my phone.

Do you remember what the description of the video was called? Thanks.

Guest dr3blanc0

Every time i use my task killer it always restarted the htc sense. I always put htc sense in the ignore list. Once i press kill all apps it automatically does that. Any suggested task killer??

Guest rICHIEa1226

Paul, First off I will like to thank you for what you have created for all us Android users, Its amazing, me coming from the Iphone having doubts on the android, You have made me love my phone so much more. I will like to ask you a question or for a favor. I seen a boot animation that I want to load on my N!. Its a splash animation I have seen online. I found the link to download it, But I just do not know if I can replace the one on the Alpha 19 rom and if so I can not find instructions on doing so. Can you help me out?? I know you are busy working on the update to this rom as I have read, you posted an update will be out soon. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!