MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mi_canuck
Change CPU Governor to "ondemand".

can someone explain the differences between the CPU Governor types? ... conservative and performance are obvious... what about on-demand and userspace?

cheers

EDIT: found this great explanation... for some reason, by default the CPU governor in my main window and in all the profiles were set to 'userspace' - which sounds like it doesn't work... so set my default governor setting to 'ondemand', as well as for the charging profile, and for the sleep, power > X%, and failsafe, set to 'conservative'

http://www.simplemobilereview.com/android-...cpu-governance/

Edited by mi_canuck

Guest GodDriven
Each new leak I start fresh. :P

P

Got it... I Do too...

But your good.. So. We flash on top... Keep it moving.

Advice to others.. Remember...

One flash.. Two reboots.. I go for a third if I re installed my apps.. Basically resign in.

Guest Panther Spawn

Im slow.. whats the difference between a19 and r20? have r13 and dont notice much difference between it and standard rom.. not to mention havent seen flash work on anything which is why i modded in the first place.

Guest thebroom
Im slow.. whats the difference between a19 and r20? have r13 and dont notice much difference between it and standard rom.. not to mention havent seen flash work on anything which is why i modded in the first place.

The main difference between desire and stock is the user interface (homescreen switching). The keyboard is really good and the web browser also has some improvements (selecting text). There are probably lots of other differences which I havnt noticed yet. :P When you open the browser it loads the htc website which has a big flash animation on the front, works well.

Edited by thebroom

Guest bobtentpeg

r19 is the Modaco Custom Rom based off of the stock Eclair/Passion 2.1 ROM released by google.

a20 is Alpha 20 of the Modaco Custom Desire Port of the HTC Desire's "Sense UI" based 2.1 rom.

Guest 18.4009

Hey Paul, would it be possible to implement the new app2sd method being used in Cyanogens rom? Using the new recovery and it supports backing up the new method. Would be wonderful if this would be possible in your Desire port also.

Thanks again for all your commitment to the Nexus community!

Guest GodDriven
r19 is the Modaco Custom Rom based off of the stock Eclair/Passion 2.1 ROM released by google.

a20 is Alpha 20 of the Modaco Custom Desire Port of the HTC Desire's "Sense UI" based 2.1 rom.

Perfect.. Explaino..

Now.. For whomever wants the full Det's.. It is called.. Page 1.. Where you baked.. LOL.. JK..

Most new info is from 160-present.. The other stuff is when we started.. So if you need raw.. factual base testing check 160-<..

After today.. This is a Desire Port.. not a patch job.. Like a mason..

Enjoy...

P, we are getting very anxious..

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1230200

We spoke of everything there.

Please Bring these functions to life.. They're little not major tweaks. We need this.. Please.. posts 4145-4146.. Thanks..

On Behalf of the Forum, Thanks in advance..

@ Brum Brum..

Things that you can do.. Find.. And install..

Paul will not dare to touch.. Your a grown individual.. If you are messing with this type of technology then your not STUPID afterall.. I believe that is an insult to ask for such a small claim..

Dude, You want one.. I have one that has Terminal, Root explorer, Internal File editor, and most of all it can mount r/o-r/w So.. If not.. And if that's a little to intellectual for you.. :P

Dude, Astro.. Root Explorer.. ! The list just goes..

Oh.. And Yeah..

Install Linda yourself.. He is not a babysitter to think of everything you want or put in what is unnecessary..

Thanks.. I know that's not my two cents..

It's the forums Lucky pot of Gold..

GD..

@ 18.4009

Apps to SD is auto.. How much easier than that..

Dude your card just needs to be set up.. Then flash the rom.. Then boot.. Thats.. it...

Any easier than that.. Just lay off Android..

You and Brum Brum need a new hobby.. LOL..

Guest Panther Spawn

is the kitchen closed?.. been tryin to bake for the past hour,, just loads forever, nothing ever comes up.. are there technical difficulties?

Guest GodDriven
is the kitchen closed?.. been tryin to bake for the past hour,, just loads forever, nothing ever comes up.. are there technical difficulties?

No.. Just a lot of loving.. and waitful people as yourself..

Click off..

Use.. Either Safari.. Or Opera they're the fastest

Guest bobtentpeg
E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E: Failure at line 16:

Installation aborted

This is for Alpha 20 Kitchen. Seems like the oven broke? :P

Remove some of the option /system components

Theres a queue, and you get served when you hit the 1 spot in the queue

Guest GodDriven
does this include trackball color tweak?

Jasup..

Be a part of the rev where we are BEGGIN paul to get some of those tweaks..

The colors are there, everything works.. This is for more wanted advanced stuff.

We're on alpha 20.. We need some of these in.. No matter how grateful we are..

So, if anyone knows.. Wants to help.. PM.. I am going to start a Custom Rom with all of these additions maybe tonight or tom morning.. But.. it will happen..

I ask in advance.. To see who is working on one.. Or if P would like to stop me before I set forth.. Now do call guys.. This will not be no Manup or King s***..

This is me, adding all the goods, (trackball wake- slip.. Etc.. ) And then I will place with Paul for review..

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1230200 < Post 4145-4146

Edited by GodDriven

Guest AndyCr15

Paul, whats the deal with Bluetooth? It's almost a deal breaker for me and this ROM :P

I love Sense UI and am so glad to have it on my N1, but I use everything through bluetooth in my car, so it's a little annoying that it needs so much faffing to connect.

Is it something that's likely to be fixed in the near future?

Guest sftechiegirl

I'm having trouble setting google voice as my voicemail. It says "voicemail number change unsuccessful."

Edited by sftechiegirl

Guest GodDriven
Paul, whats the deal with Bluetooth? It's almost a deal breaker for me and this ROM :P

I love Sense UI and am so glad to have it on my N1, but I use everything through bluetooth in my car, so it's a little annoying that it needs so much faffing to connect.

ZOMG!>>>>>>>>

The Kernal Dude..

The freaking Kernel..

We're all upset.. But we READ..

The Kernel will not allow the use of some functions.. I.E. Fm, BT, before had some Cam issue as well..

Guest muncheese

Bluetooth is so passe he's decided to forego support on it.

(It's a known issue that only time will fix, just wait)

Guest Panther Spawn
Remove some of the option /system components

Theres a queue, and you get served when you hit the 1 spot in the queue

so this wait time is normal? any clue on the average wait time.. should i go to sleep and come back? lol been up all night messing with this thing.

Guest Brian L

If I am updating from Alpha 19, to Alpha 20, do i need to wipe if i am just updating the same rom? And will it reset everything? Also, is r20 the same as Alpha 20 for the desire rom for nexus one?