MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rICHIEa1226
Yowza, what's happened with the waiting list, that seems long! Best check everything is working correctly!

P

Paul I have some brief questions about the Desire rom. For the first time the only rom I have ever flashed was the Alpha 19. The SMS issue is bugginng the hell out of me, so is the damn MMS issue, as I can not send picture text. My question for you is, If I used the kitchen to cook my rom, can I take out the things I wish not to use?? For instance I like the car home, So can I remove the navigation?? Same for stocks, can I remove that?? There are some things I want to add. I just do not know if removing the non wanted ones will affect me.. Also will I have to wipe after doing all this?? Other than that Thank you so Much Paul, you are the main reason I came from the Iphone to the N1

Paul I have some brief questions about the Desire rom. For the first time the only rom I have ever flashed was the Alpha 19. The SMS issue is bugginng the hell out of me, so is the damn MMS issue, as I can not send picture text. My question for you is, If I used the kitchen to cook my rom, can I take out the things I wish not to use?? For instance I like the car home, So can I remove the navigation?? Same for stocks, can I remove that?? There are some things I want to add. I just do not know if removing the non wanted ones will affect me.. Also will I have to wipe after doing all this?? Other than that Thank you so Much Paul, you are the main reason I came from the Iphone to the N1

That's the whole point of the kitchen! :P

P

Guest mi_canuck
Is the kitchen broken this morning?

I've had 3 failed attempts in the past 30 minutes or so.

Thanks.

---

Oops.. Just saw Paul's post about kitchen issues a page back.

My bad.. :P

Just be patient... probably a ton of people trying to Bake and download...

Took me about 10-15 minutes to get mine... but it worked... loading up ROM now :(

Guest dsincl12

Paul could you please add the option to choose the standard HTC_IME version? I really don't like using jonasl version when the original suffice.

Paul could you please add the option to choose the standard HTC_IME version? I really don't like using jonasl version when the original suffice.

OK!

P

Guest muncheese

I think if you remove the jonasl version it'll automatically default to the regular htc version.

edit: maybe not, lol. Since you're adding options, add the email.apk option =P

Edited by muncheese

Guest rICHIEa1226
That's the whole point of the kitchen! :P

P

oK Thanks for the reply. Also is there any way of adding my own bootanimation when I cook this ROM?? I am at work right now and rest assure that when I get home I am going to sign up to become a premieum user as I think its the best thing to do. By the way, I am using sprite backup, Everything is backed up to my SD card, Do you know if all will restore to normal settings when I flash alpha 20?? Thank you

I think if you remove the jonasl version it'll automatically default to the regular htc version.

edit: maybe not, lol. Since you're adding options, add the email.apk option =P

Noted. :P

P

oK Thanks for the reply. Also is there any way of adding my own bootanimation when I cook this ROM?? I am at work right now and rest assure that when I get home I am going to sign up to become a premieum user as I think its the best thing to do. By the way, I am using sprite backup, Everything is backed up to my SD card, Do you know if all will restore to normal settings when I flash alpha 20?? Thank you

Yes, include the bootanimation.zip in a /system/media location (I think) and use the upload zip function.

re: Sprite, not sure.

P

Guest mi_canuck

I think I'm going back to Alpha19... so far, Alpha r20 has crashed and rebooted like 3-4 times... not appearing very stable for me... :-/

Guest cortez
I think I'm going back to Alpha19... so far, Alpha r20 has crashed and rebooted like 3-4 times... not appearing very stable for me... :-/
besides the delayed camera flash, what other issues are you seeing? did you select the A2SD feature (i thought this will result in a couple of reboots to complete the configuration)? did you flash without wiping? thanks for answering...i'm currently using Alpha R20 and, so far, no issues. fyi, i flashed on top of Alpha 19 which was already configured for A2SD.

Guest rICHIEa1226
besides the delayed camera flash, what other issues are you seeing? did you select the A2SD feature (i thought this will result in a couple of reboots to complete the configuration)? did you flash without wiping? thanks for answering...i'm currently using Alpha R20 and, so far, no issues. fyi, i flashed on top of Alpha 19 which was already configured for A2SD.

YOu did not wipe?? You flashed 20 without wipping 19?? Did it save everything as far as apps and all?? And all seems to working well for you?? Have you tried the MMS messaging and the 160 word SMS?? Thank you for giving us input, I am a little iffy about this working for me.. LOL

Guest Thetechnogeek
I think that flash is out of sync with A20.

I can confirm (for me):

- flash is out of sync

- Messaging supports >160 chars. Thank you Paul!

- Gesture search FCs pretty often (did a wipe and reinstall, no dice)

- Camera white balance giving very red hue

No major probs really. Just glad SMS is working. Thank you Paul

Guest vkazak
I can confirm (for me):

- flash is out of sync

- Messaging supports >160 chars. Thank you Paul!

- Gesture search FCs pretty often (did a wipe and reinstall, no dice)

- Camera white balance giving very red hue

No major probs really. Just glad SMS is working. Thank you Paul

Just to add:

No vibration upon connect ...( nice thing to help you hold your phone off the head when connecting )

Guest GodDriven
Dear Paul.

WDYT about noise cancellation : does it work with A20 or?

thanks in advance

If I am correct.. The Physical desire.. Did not feature this add-on.. So the correction lies if paul carried it over from the N1 and just placed it there..

I mean YOU do know.. There is more than enough stuff that YOU/US posses on our Little Mighty N1..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest froesei

Quick question for everyone having flash issues, did you do a full wipe before moving to R20? I did not, and am not having any issues with camera flash, or anything else for that matter......

Guest mi_canuck

never noticed the camera flash as i didn't have r20 long enough to check that (like you had just flashed r20 over top of 19)... my issues were it kept rebooting... i just said eff that.... doing a Wipe and reinstalling 19 from scratch... no to A2SD, did not have, did not get...

Edited by mi_canuck

Guest vkazak
If I am correct.. The Physical desire.. Did not feature this add-on.. So the correction lies if paul carried it over from the N1 and just placed it there..

I mean YOU do know.. There is more than enough stuff that YOU/US posses on our Little Mighty N1..

Thanks for the info..

then - I will kindly ask Paul - Please, PUT NOISE CANC future into next ROM, it really improves call quality, that ALL of us use quite often.

I believe - its great, useful option to have on our N1s!!!

HUGE THANKS IN ADVANCE!!