MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodDriven
I can confirm (for me):

- flash is out of sync

- Messaging supports >160 chars. Thank you Paul!

- Gesture search FCs pretty often (did a wipe and reinstall, no dice)

- Camera white balance giving very red hue

No major probs really. Just glad SMS is working. Thank you Paul

OIkay.. I want to share something..

I took the HTC camera from A19 and pushed it back.. Into A20 that is..

Did a shell reboot.. And perfecto.. At least on my end.. I believe there was a loose script from 19-20..

I am going to test a full wipe since I dint have to until I noticed this...

See if anything from there..

Before wiping, for those who know, push the cam back and shell the lady..

Guest GodDriven
Noise cancelling is already in all my Desire ROMs.

re: the Camera, i'll look into this in the morning!

P

There ya go.. I wasn't sure.. That had to have been a mod by you.. Desire does not feature this.. Physically..

PLUS.. we have more anyway cause of you... Thanks.. Dude.. Thanks..

Guest GodDriven
ok please look at my avatar pic (WILL ANY ONE HELP ME NOW :(

Dude.. Your hilarious..

If "you" were "her".. then I would cancel my plans.. Ask what in God's name didn't you get help with.. And see if we could fix it..

ROFL.. ROFL..

LOL>> :P

Guest cortez
YOu did not wipe?? You flashed 20 without wipping 19?? Did it save everything as far as apps and all?? And all seems to working well for you?? Have you tried the MMS messaging and the 160 word SMS?? Thank you for giving us input, I am a little iffy about this working for me.. LOL
yes, i bypassed the TP this time, lol. so far the only problem is the camera. don't know about the 160 character issue - i replaced the Desire Mms.apk with the one from xda that allows custom colors. still no problems as of this post, however, i'll be rolling back to Alpha 19 so i can continue using the in-call volume hack kernel for now. don't have time to test the volume hack with Alpha 20 today, but will do so this weekend.

Guest GodDriven
yes, i bypassed the TP this time, lol. so far the only problem is the camera. don't know about the 160 character issue - i replaced the Desire Mms.apk with the one from xda that allows custom colors. still no problems as of this post, however, i'll be rolling back to Alpha 19 so i can continue using the in-call volume hack kernel for now. don't have time to test the volume hack with Alpha 20 today, but will do so this weekend.

Cortez.. Did you do the push i stated.. I did it and it works.. For me at least..

But knowledge is spread through great words.. :P

Guest cortez
Quick question for everyone having flash issues, did you do a full wipe before moving to R20? I did not, and am not having any issues with camera flash, or anything else for that matter......
would the kitchen issues affect any ROMS created before your post? my ROM was downloaded after about 15 minutes of waiting, but before your post.

Guest cortez
Cortez.. Did you do the push i stated.. I did it and it works.. For me at least..

But knowledge is spread through great words.. :P

will try later... thanks for the tip!

Guest bakano

so I don't know if I'm the only one that's messed with this or if it's just me that this is going on with...

but when I try to separate the ringtone volume for my notifications and my ringtone... they won't separate. I can uncheck the box, but it just gives me two sliders... they move independently at FIRST, but then after a couple of seconds, one matches the other...

don't like the loud notifications and don't want a quiet ringer =X

lol

sweet work though Paul =)

Guest GodDriven
would the kitchen issues affect any ROMS created before your post? my ROM was downloaded after about 15 minutes of waiting, but before your post.

Highly doubt..

But.. Like you said nice idea?

Guest Tanveer Virani

R20 works great for me. Just load right on top of R19 with no wipe. The only thing that I lost were my Rogers APN settings. Easy enough to reenter.

Thanks Paul!!

Guest rICHIEa1226

I am confused on what you replaced on the MMS APK. Please explain??? Do you know how to push a different boot animation???

Guest jutley

can i use custom recovery to do my create partition first then create ext2 to ex3 and then swap 128mb does this sound ok or do i have to use adb command prompts.

Guest GodDriven
can i use custom recovery to do my create partition first then create ext2 to ex3 and then swap 128mb does this sound ok or do i have to use adb command prompts.

your Good.. Thank god amon did us justice..

Just go into recovery.. Partition.. Then right from there you can do ext-2-3-4 etc..

BUT PLEASE>>>>>

Copy everything on your SD card, Like highlight it all.. Then copy it to a folder on you mac or Pc.. then when your done.. move everything back..

Guest houstonblaney1

Just flashed R20. Definitely took up more space than A19. Still seems relatively quick. Probably going back to A19 though.

Yes, the camera flash is out of sync.

I have also noticed that the clock widgets are still screwed up (at least they are for me). When I go to add a clock to the Home screen, I can't "Add City". When I click on "Add City", it says "The application Clock widget (process com.htc.widget.clockwidget) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Guest polo79

When the camera flash gets fixed on this will that be a ROM we will just flash and no need to wipe? or will we need to wipe to do so? cause if don't have to wipe i will just deal with it and wait but if we have to wipe i will just revert to A19 and update when A21 (or beta) comes out. also, i realize that things could change but as it stands now what do you think?

Guest jutley

but i have already tried it and i just get a boot loop rom wont load i have tried ext4 and ext2 but not ext3 do they all work? or do i need a particular one? and what about swap do we need it and how much i just dont want to try and it boot loops again untill i am certain i have the proper settings and procedure.

Guest mudrock1000

Does this fix the timestamp issue after texting past midnight?

If it doesn't, after texting passed midnight, it adjusts the time, but not the date. It still stays the same day and I have to switch to handcent. Ideas?

Guest AndyCr15

When I first put on version 19, I used adb to remove a few things, I think FriendStream included... as I didn't install Peep that time. With version 20 I put Peep back in, so I can have a decent FriendStream working... but FriendStream still isn't there. I check the .zip of 20 and it's in system/app/FriendStream.apk and the widget too, so surely it should have just reinstalled it for me? No?

The app FriendStream is on my N1, but it's not listed when I go to add a widget :P

How can I put it back? Push the apk manually? Can someone please give me the few lines this would take?

Guest muncheese

Paul, This doesn't really have anything to do with the rom, but I was looking at the kitchen and it's not very easy on the eyes, I did a little mockup for a slight redesign to make it easier to read/navigate. Grids always help. =)

The center justified text isn't easy to read, should probably left justify the descriptions(I didn't do that in the mock up lol):

post-390177-1270073317_thumb.jpg

Edited by muncheese

Guest 18.4009
Perfect.. Explaino..

@ 18.4009

Apps to SD is auto.. How much easier than that..

Dude your card just needs to be set up.. Then flash the rom.. Then boot.. Thats.. it...

Any easier than that.. Just lay off Android..

You and Brum Brum need a new hobby.. LOL..

Alright GodDriven I really think you need to lay off the dew or something.

My question is not for how easy it is to set up app2sd (I know how to do it) but from my understanding with Cyanogens newest realese it is being handled in a new way and with this the new recovery it is setup to handle the new format.

(from XDA cyanogens thread) - * New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars. Create an ext4 partition and enable it in settings->applications (wiki page coming soon)

(from XDA RA-nexus-v1.7.0 thread) - Version v1.7.0 supports the new Apps2SD method (CM v5.0.5), the old method is no longer supported!

Please use version v1.6.2 if you still require support for the old Apps2SD method!

The new way of handling app2sd places the apps in a folder from the root directory called sd-ext. The old way did not.

So I am wondering if Pauls places it in the same structure so the newest released recovery can back up rom+apps or not.

My original Question was -

Hey Paul, would it be possible to implement the new app2sd method being used in Cyanogens rom? Using the new recovery and it supports backing up the new method. Would be wonderful if this would be possible in your Desire port also.

Thanks again for all your commitment to the Nexus community!

Simple question that you could have attempted not to be an ass about - might try to live up to you name a little more GodDriven.

Thanks again Paul for your hard work.

Justifiable Homicide by any person.

Edited by 18.4009