MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HalfSight
Don't know. I didn't grab the one from the link. I pulled mine from Cy's latest rom, threw a different icon on it, and pushed it to /system/app/. I know mine works fine, so I went ahead and attached it for you. Just remove the .zip from the end.

Worked, If you don't know the commands this is what is all should look like when you are done assuming you put the gallery app in the tools folder.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb remount /system/app/

remount succeeded

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb push gallery3d.apk /system/app/

553 KB/s (719890 bytes in 1.269s)

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb reboot

Also, if you can' Mount your USB just go on the market and download the MountUSB app.

having problem installing fonts

normally i would

adb push xxx.ttf /system/fonts

adb reboot

this time after do the push above, my N1 will not boot

do i have to place the font in different directory?

push into /data/system-fonts instead na kub :D

adb push xxx.ttf /data/system-fonts

let me know if you have any problem , or go to droidsans nexus one forum , then we can discuss in thai

Guest Isaac D. Lim

Thank you Paul for your awesome work. So worth voiding the warranty.

Slightly OT question: is there a way to use MarketEnabler/MarketSpoof on this ROM as well? I'm in Singapore and cannot see Paid Apps in the Android market.

push into /data/system-fonts instead na kub :D

adb push xxx.ttf /data/system-fonts

let me know if you have any problem , or go to droidsans nexus one forum , then we can discuss in thai

โอ้ว Thank you krub :D

I thought i saw Paul mention somewhere about fonts but i was reading it in the morning (in bed) on my N1 and couldn't quite place it

I'll go to droidsans forum now :lol:

Thanks again

Guest bahadur.choongh
No one kno about the timestamp issue on the sms app?

The only problem I have with this rom is that i can't add an APN to my 3g, anybody else having this problem??

Guest Isaac D. Lim

I flashed Alpha 7 on my N1 but when I reboot it gets stuck at the HTC "Quietly Brilliant" white boot screen for a long time (10+ mins) and doesn't do anything. Any help please?

Guest bobtentpeg
I flashed Alpha 7 on my N1 but when I reboot it gets stuck at the HTC "Quietly Brilliant" white boot screen for a long time (10+ mins) and doesn't do anything. Any help please?

Pull the battery and USB cable.

Wait 30 seconds

Replug and go

Also, make sure you wipe before booting, it helps a lot of issues that may occur!

A couple of things I have discovered.

USB Mounting issue is NOT an issue. Go to Settings / Connect to PC / Default connection type:

>>> You have the option to: Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk drive and Internet sharing.

I picked "Disk drive" and it now auto-mounts on my Mac.

Using an application like AnyCut, I found an app called "HTC Flash Player". Created a shortcut to it and it does what it says :D When you open it, it scans your SD card for Flash files and lists them for playing.

Flash related: Was able to load up Desktop Tower Defense and it loaded. Couldn't play it since I needed a keyboard. Looks to be multi-touch enabled. Pinch & zoom works great.

Cheers,

Sealos

Guest bahadur.choongh
Pull the battery and USB cable.

Wait 30 seconds

Replug and go

Also, make sure you wipe before booting, it helps a lot of issues that may occur!

does anybody know to fix the issue with usb connecting the nexus one to your mac?

Guest bobtentpeg
does anybody know to fix the issue with usb connecting the nexus one to your mac?

There is no issue. Its working just fine with this rom, just set your phone to act as a disk in Settings>>Connect to PC

Guest bahadur.choongh
There is no issue. Its working just fine with this rom, just set your phone to act as a disk in Settings>>Connect to PC

do you know how to set up 3g?

Guest bahadur.choongh
A couple of things I have discovered.

USB Mounting issue is NOT an issue. Go to Settings / Connect to PC / Default connection type:

>>> You have the option to: Charge only, HTC Sync, Disk drive and Internet sharing.

I picked "Disk drive" and it now auto-mounts on my Mac.

Using an application like AnyCut, I found an app called "HTC Flash Player". Created a shortcut to it and it does what it says :D When you open it, it scans your SD card for Flash files and lists them for playing.

Flash related: Was able to load up Desktop Tower Defense and it loaded. Couldn't play it since I needed a keyboard. Looks to be multi-touch enabled. Pinch & zoom works great.

Cheers,

Sealos

hey when i connect nothing comes up, i have set it to disk drive? - i'm using a mac

Guest HalfSight
hey when i connect nothing comes up, i have set it to disk drive? - i'm using a mac

Got to the market and download MountUSB

If you are having trouble with mounting the USB,

GO TO THE MARKET AND DOWNLOAD MOUNTUSB

Guest bahadur.choongh
Got to the market and download MountUSB

If you are having trouble with mounting the USB,

GO TO THE MARKET AND DOWNLOAD MOUNTUSB

thank you, it works like a charm, do you know how to set up the 3g? i have the apn address for my network

Guest JimmyFraser

Hey guys

I am having an issue, I have the ERB36 radio flashed as I have come across from cyanogen.

Am loving the rom and when on 3G am having no issues but when I fall outside a 3G zone and goto GSM my phone doesnt automatically change networks it pops up saying no network.

If I try doing automatic detection it says "your sim card is not allowed to register on this network" Im guessing this is because its trying to goto the vodafone network (first one listed) and Im on three (but when on 2g actually roam on telstra). When I manually choose my carrier it works with 4 out of 5 bars but after 10-15 minutes I get prompted that I have no signal and have to goto the settings choose manually to get it back up.

Would downgrading the radio back to the ERE27 one help? Is this safe to do?

Cheers for any advice/

Edited by JimmyFraser

Guest damniatx
thank you, it works like a charm, do you know how to set up the 3g? i have the apn address for my network

Hello My friend,

you are really so annoying.

but this is how to add apn address.

1. OPEN SETTINGS

2. TAP WIRELESS AND NETWORKS

3. TAP MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS

4. TAP ACCESS POINTS NAMES

5. PRESS MENU BUTTON

6. TAP NEW APN

7. TYPE ALL YOUR APN INFO

8. PRESS MENU BUTTON

9. TAP SAVE APN!

DONE!

if you have anything to ask, fill free to pm me.

Edited by damniatx

Guest bobtentpeg
Would downgrading the radio back to the ERE27 one help? Is this safe to do?

Cheers for any advice/

I downgraded after getting some odd connection issues through 3rd-party networks that TMobile contracts with in my area. Downgrading is simple and easy

I've tried A7, connect to PC not works. Whatever the default mode I selected or change the way to let it ask or not when connecting to USB port, it remains charge ONLY.

Guest JimmyFraser
I downgraded after getting some odd connection issues through 3rd-party networks that TMobile contracts with in my area. Downgrading is simple and easy

Thanks mate, I just wanted to make sure there was no harm in downgrading.

Also did it fix the issues you were having?

Guest dicelest

I faced the problem using network location after flashing the alpha 7. Googlemap always said "your location is temporarily unavailable." Does anyone have the same situation?

I've tried A7, connect to PC not works. Whatever the default mode I selected or change the way to let it ask or not when connecting to USB port, it remains charge ONLY.

Also the menu for wallpaper setting is re-matched wrong.