MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest xandroid
PLEASE do some reading before posting. As of this writing, you only have 3 posts, so you are new to this forum, but PLEASE, before asking any questions, spend 2 hours reading the forum, search for keywords that interest you, and you will learn a lot. In fact, when posting a question, keep in mind that everyone who has been here for more than a week or two will jump all over you for not having done your homework, (reading the forums and searching for your answer). To prevent the embarrassment, do your homework first, and if you have honestly done your research first and still come up empty-handed, everyone here will be happy to answer your question. Just remember, however, 98% of the questions people have on this forum have already been answered, . . . and usually MANY times at that.

Can you see any questions in my post, I just mentioned that these are the real problems that need to be fixed, not adding trackball color notifications etc?

I'm just tired of flashing the ROMs and rediscovering that no big improvements have been made

Guest xandroid
PLEASE do some reading before posting. As of this writing, you only have 3 posts, so you are new to this forum, but PLEASE, before asking any questions, spend 2 hours reading the forum, search for keywords that interest you, and you will learn a lot. In fact, when posting a question, keep in mind that everyone who has been here for more than a week or two will jump all over you for not having done your homework, (reading the forums and searching for your answer). To prevent the embarrassment, do your homework first, and if you have honestly done your research first and still come up empty-handed, everyone here will be happy to answer your question. Just remember, however, 98% of the questions people have on this forum have already been answered, . . . and usually MANY times at that.

The 'minor tweaks' that you are referring to are needed fixes, (that's the idea behind Alpha software). The "real issues" require the kernel, (from what I understand), which Paul has already spent too much time explaining why. These "real issues" will be resolved in time, but let's give the guy a break. Do you know of any other software company that delivers updates to ALPHA software so quickly? The membership is only $15. USD for Adfree, and somewhere around $40 or $50 USD for the highest membership available . . . . . . . more than well worth the investment, even if Paul decided to call it quits today and never offered anything beyond r21. Some applications in the Market Place cost more than your "Madaco Plus Membership". Let's take a minute to put things back into perspective here.

BTW Joined: 26th February 2010 not like you 1. MARCH 2010

Edited by xandroid

Guest skydart
Okay this is about to turn into another flame war... Skydart and etc.. Please play nice...

I'm sorry, . . . . I just get frustrated . . . . if I say why, it will appear as a flame, so I'll just keep to myself.

Edited by skydart

Guest tim.embedded
Can you see any questions in my post, I just mentioned that these are the real problems that need to be fixed, not adding trackball color notifications etc?

I'm just tired of flashing the ROMs and rediscovering that no big improvements have been made

Xandroid, I have the same view as yours and I follow closely on the thread. I believe Paul would resolve the issues even without getting the kernel source eventually. He managed to resolve the camera issue, so there shouldn't have problem for him to resolve the FM radio or the rest of issues. It is just a matter of time.

Guest dave in minneapolis

OK First Post here.

I have been flashing this ROM since the first Alpha and stuck with it through thick and thin. The latest ROM Alpha r21 seems to have all I need (including MMS send / receive on T-Mobile US) here is what I did.

1) Wiped Everything with RA - Data / Cache / Battery / Rotation

2) Flashed zip from Kitchen including alternate APN settings

3) On initial boot did not restore settings from SD Card

4) Went through initial set-up from scratch

5) Left the APN settings alone

Here is what I have found with this

1) HTC Mail works as expected when connecting to Work email - has the prompt back to accept the certificate

2) Camera Flash is wirking perfectly

3) MMS Send / Receive working for the first time since A18

Update : Added Trackball Alert from the Market for color notifications

Hope this helps someone out there

Edited by dave in minneapolis

Guest rICHIEa1226
OK First Post here.

I have been flashing this ROM since the first Alpha and stuck with it through thick and thin. The latest ROM Alpha r21 seems to have all I need (including MMS send / receive on T-Mobile US) here is what I did.

1) Wiped Everything with RA - Data / Cache / Battery / Rotation

2) Flashed zip from Kitchen including alternate APN settings

3) On initial boot did not restore settings from SD Card

4) Went through initial set-up from scratch

5) Left the APN settings alone

Here is what I have found with this

1) HTC Mail works as expected when connecting to Work email - has the prompt back to accept the certificate

2) Camera Flash is wirking perfectly

3) MMS Send / Receive working for the first time since A18

Update : Added Trackball Alert from the Market for color notifications

Hope this helps someone out there

When you say wiped everything with RA. What does that mean.

You wrote Wiped Everything with RA - Data / Cache / Battery / Rotation...

I am little confused... Thanks

When you say wiped everything with RA. What does that mean.

You wrote Wiped Everything with RA - Data / Cache / Battery / Rotation...

I am little confused... Thanks

Went into Recovery and wiped all the 4 items in there

Guest rICHIEa1226
Went into Recovery and wiped all the 4 items in there

ok COOL!!! I see now.. I will try that later on tonight, Sucks to start from scrtach though.... I hope it works!!! Thank you!!!

APN Settings that work for me including MMS - T-Mobile US

Name : T-Mobile

APN : epc.tmobile.com

Proxy : <Not Set>

Port : <Not Set>

Username : <Not Set>

Password : <Not Set>

Server : <Not Set>

MMSC : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/

MMS Proxy : 216.155.165.50

MMS Port : 8080

MMS Protocol : Wap 2.0

MCC : 310

MNC : 260

Authentication Type : <Not Set>

APN Type : default,mms

Again hope this helps someone

Guest GodDriven
GD - You do know that today is April 1st, no?

Yes. I take it for what its worth. Technology and android are hand n hand, so in a sense I don't put it past them. Ya know... So if it is... Nice! Annnd if not l.... vouche to say Doh!

Guest LilRedzMD

The 'minor tweaks' that you are referring to are needed fixes, (that's the idea behind Alpha software). The "real issues" require the kernel, (from what I understand), which Paul has already spent too much time explaining why. These "real issues" will be resolved in time, but let's give the guy a break. Do you know of any other software company that delivers updates to ALPHA software so quickly? The membership is only $15. USD for Adfree, and somewhere around $40 or $50 USD for the highest membership available . . . . . . . more than well worth the investment, even if Paul decided to call it quits today and never offered anything beyond r21. Some applications in the Market Place cost more than your "Madaco Plus Membership". Let's take a minute to put things back into perspective here.

Here we go with this dude playing Internet Forum Police, lol

Guest skydart
Yes. I take it for what its worth. Technology and android are hand n hand, so in a sense I don't put it past them. Ya know... So if it is... Nice! Annnd if not l.... vouche to say Doh!

GD, I saw this too, . . . but Apple doesn't share anything . . . it is kind of funny, though.

ehhmm...

Why would Apple allow dual booting with a competing phone OS? That would be stupidest thing they would do, and of course everybody knows this will never happen :-)

Guest skydart
ehhmm...

Why would Apple allow dual booting with a competing phone OS? That would be stupidest thing they would do, and of course everybody knows this will never happen :-)

It does make me laugh, though. I personally like the Android OS way better than the iPhone. Anyway, getting off topic here.

Guest mi_canuck

went back to A19 last night... MUCH MUCH better!!! :P A19 is stable, doesn't reboot by itself, everything (for me) seems to work quite well... (although mms not seeming to work, got the right apn mms settings - i just checked...)

r20 didn't work well, gonna pass on r21, as only the cam flash changed... the ROM itself didn't work well for me at all... kept crashing/rebooting... apps kept popping up force close message, etc...

(first had done an flash over top A19... problems... then did complete wipe... reinstalled r20... still problems... didn't feel like riding it out, so wiped again and went back to A19... installed without a single problem, not a single unexpected reboot or any force closes...)... A19 super stable for me, so i'll be reluctant to update until possibly Beta release...

At what point will the t-mobile (US) vs AT&T Nexus Ones vs actual Desires hardware fragmentation actually start causing problems?

Edited by mi_canuck

Guest xakashi

network reception not too good for me after i flashed R21 .. going back to alpha 18.. keep flactuates , from no signal to full , keep going back and forth.

Edited by xakashi

Guest rICHIEa1226
Confirmed, SMS Long Texting and MMS on a TMOBILE US Carrier works all fine and great! Thanks Paul, a lifesaver!

May I ask yoy, what did you do to get it to work?? Did you wipe all settings like the other person listed above?? Thanks