MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jiggs817

thanks P!

i noticed the trackball notification light stops only when you clear the notification message. correct me if i am wrong, but should it be adjusted like notifiy me for a certain number of intervals? thanks!

Guest Squeaky369

Anyone else having any issues with flashing?

I am self baking A21; and all that's happening after I flash the ROM is that it is stuck in a reboot cycle...

I am doing a full wipe using RA 1.7.0 and installing from the SD Card.

I can restore my backups, but for some reason, I cannot flash R21.

Thanks.

Guest Tanveer Virani
I've been having problems with my SMS... I can send and receive messages. But the date/time won't show up correctly some of the time, causing the messages I receive to go to different places in the thread. For example, I send a message at 12:02AM April 2nd... This showed up at the bottom of my thread. I received a response, which showed up at the top marked as 12:03AM April 1st. Any way to fix this? As a temporary solution, I'm using Handcent SMS. The messages show up in the right order there.

Running Alpha r21 Nexus One

Kernel Version 2.6.33.1 OC-UV By Pershoot and Peirsiansown

Radio 4.04.00.03_2

I had the same issue. Pick up SMS Time Fix from the market.

Solved the issue for me.

Guest cortez

I am self baking A21; and all that's happening after I flash the ROM is that it is stuck in a reboot cycle...

Thanks.

what (if anything) did you exclude from your ROM? were you using A2SD (apps to SD card) before you flashed? if yes, did you wipe your ext(ended) partitions?

Guest Season_Bay

Hi all,

I enjoy using the r21 as my daily rom and I've just got 1 question to ask...

I am from HongKong and I was using Magic with Stock rom previously, I was able to search thru pinyin for contact directly in the dialer and I wonder if it is possible for this rom since both of the phones are HTC sense enabled...

Any help would be appreciated.

-Wilson

Guest habibas

paul

the Arabic dose not support the rom it will make the sms fully Arabic but the web browser ,gmail and facebook and any thing relay on the web will not work and it will give force close every time and the rom will be unstable

Edited by habibas

Guest escagelion

I'm running r21 without the A2SD, trying to go to r21 with A2SD.

I'd partition my sd and got an ext4 partition. Before trying to install I did a full wipe (of the system and of the ext)

but when i'm trying to flash the update.zip, i've got an install error :

Install from sdcard

Finding update package

Opening update package

E:Can't open /sdcard/alpha-r21-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-withadditions-a2sd-signed.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

The md5 of the zip is ok. Did I do something wrong ?

Edited by escagelion

Guest jutley

Thanks.

This rom does no support the new scripts in apps2sd v1.70 you need to use a older vetshion of recovery we are all having the same problem

Hey guys... You know I love you all.. ;-) more than anything...

Cool here goes.. I am going to place this link here:

[removed]

That is to help me earn more space in Dropbox... Meanwhile you get a free account... :-D which then starts the referrals all over again for ya..

Oh trust me... Enjoy....

Official warning GodDriven, don't post affiliate link spam, spam, unauthorised software... please be respectful to other members particularly the new and learning!

P

Guest GodDriven
Official warning GodDriven, don't post affiliate link spam, spam, unauthorised software... please be respectful to other members particularly the new and learning!

P

Resolved..

Edited by GodDriven

Guest war eagle

How can I install the stock nexus one keyboqrd? I'm

having a time getting used to the 12 on the right and such... and the nexus keyboard just seems better

Edit I figured it out

Edited by war eagle

Guest cezent

Why is it still called Alpha ROM when its based off Desire Shipping ROM?

sorry just had this thought pop up in my mind while having my cup of tea...

Guest jutley
How can I install the stock nexus one keyboqrd? I'm

having a time getting used to the 12 on the right and such... and the nexus keyboard just seems better

Edit I figured it out

How do you do it?

Guest superbanana

I tried to flash custom baked r21 ROM (A2SD, HTC_CIME, 3D Gallery). There's an error message after copying files:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 18:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

SD card has already been partitioned with ext4 and full wipe has been performed before flashing. RA version is 1.6.2.

What's the problem here?

Guest mi_canuck

Maybe try A19 with all those baked in options. it's waaay more stable than A20 or A21 (these last two were from a newer leak... )

Guest Stea1thmode
Paul,I do not see Chinese Language in Kitchen ???

He may have temporarily removed CIME due to a dependency on a portion of the HTC framework. He did say he'll look into it but I could be wrong.

Guest kimaro
Does anyone got power button problem after flashing a21?

I have to press power button twice in order to put the phone to sleep mode most of the time.

When I press the power button once, the screen is switched off, but it then lights up immediately with lock screen on. Then I have to press the power button again or wait a few seconds for it to go to sleep mode.

Ps. The phone don't have that problem when it was using cm 5 Rom (from 5.0.5.0 to 5.0.5.3).

I have the same problem with A19.

Sometimes I have to press the power button five o more times to get the screen off...

A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :(

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! :P

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new production build, a new system that frees up space on /system and /data (no more storing system stuff on data!) not to mention potential things from a Bravo CDMA dump, the HTC Incredible dump and even a partial Evo 4G dump... :( With a bit of luck the Bravo kernel will drop soon and we can get everything working too...

P

Guest RelaxMan

i using r21/ It's amazing but..... the ringtones that i selected for different contacts, not ringing. Always ring the default ringtone, even if i set other ringtone for contact, not default.

how i can repair this problem. It's verry galling.

Guest znetlive

Thanks Paul for providing us with an excellent ROM.

A couple of problems I am encountering:

Nexus One

Kernel 2.6.33

Baseband Version

32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03_2

Software Number

Modaco Custom ROM Desire r20

When the screen is off and I recieve a call, it has the slide down to answer button, my mic is on mute when I pick it up, meaning that the other side cant hear me so I have to call back. (that seems to happen randomly). I thought it was related to the "lower volume when phone is moved option" but is irralavant. But the mic works all the time when the screen is on, when I just have the two options green "Answer" red "reject".

I'll try upgrading the r21 to see if it solves it, but if anyone else has/had that problem please report if an upgrade solved it.

ALSO,

There is an anoying scratching sound for call waiting, I wonder where that sound is located on the system and if there is an option to change it, since I wasent able to find it when I was digging around. I tried a program from market called "Call waiting configuration" but it doesent seem to work.

Thanks

Guest houstonblaney1
Thanks Paul for providing us with an excellent ROM.

A couple of problems I am encountering:

Nexus One

Kernel 2.6.33

Baseband Version

32.26.00.24u_4.04.00.03_2

Software Number

Modaco Custom ROM Desire r20

When the screen is off and I recieve a call, it has the slide down to answer button, my mic is on mute when I pick it up, meaning that the other side cant hear me so I have to call back. (that seems to happen randomly). I thought it was related to the "lower volume when phone is moved option" but is irralavant. But the mic works all the time when the screen is on, when I just have the two options green "Answer" red "reject".

I'll try upgrading the r21 to see if it solves it, but if anyone else has/had that problem please report if an upgrade solved it.

ALSO,

There is an anoying scratching sound for call waiting, I wonder where that sound is located on the system and if there is an option to change it, since I wasent able to find it when I was digging around. I tried a program from market called "Call waiting configuration" but it doesent seem to work.

Thanks

That weird scratching sound for call waiting is not unique to R21. I've also noticed it with A19. That being said, I am using HTC contacts ("People" I think it's called). I didn't bake in the stock Android contacts. I don't remember whether or not that weird scratching sound was there with Android contacts though. Maybe someone else can verify if that happens if both HTC contacts and Android contacts are on the phone together.