MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Roy Roy

I tried to flash custom baked r21 ROM (A2SD, HTC_CIME, 3D Gallery). There's an error message after copying files:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 18:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

SD card has already been partitioned with ext4 and full wipe has been performed before flashing. RA version is 1.6.2.

What's the problem here?

Ok guys.....I need some help...of course. I am in the USA and of course i am having radio issues. I read somewhere to go back to the orginial image that is is the best. It is NOT for me wow i go from g to 3g to edge all in the course of 1 minute in a 5 bar 3g ara. I kn ow this is the wrong place to post this but i know it has been posted before with mixed comments. Figured you guys here on this forum i am familiar with and seem to be better then me by alot. I am a tmobile sales man and it really sucks to have my phone almost out of commission when all the store phones are rocling help pls

Guest fabiocampos
I tried to flash custom baked r21 ROM (A2SD, HTC_CIME, 3D Gallery). There's an error message after copying files:

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 18:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

SD card has already been partitioned with ext4 and full wipe has been performed before flashing. RA version is 1.6.2.

What's the problem here?

Do u make a Full WIPE before flash?

I'm having a GPS problem on A19. Google Maps works fine, but my GPS can't locate me. I get rough location from the network towers, but my GPS can't pick me up.

Is there a quick-fix I can do for this?

Thanks!

I had the same problem. A quick wipe-reinstall solved it.

If you install the "GPS Status" app you'll see that you are getting a GPS lock, it just isn't being passed along to the applications - at least that was my problem, ymmv.

Guest jpshar

I love people who feel the need to start a new thread, instead of just replying in the appropriate place. The age of entitlement.

Guest jpshar
I had the same problem. A quick wipe-reinstall solved it.

If you install the "GPS Status" app you'll see that you are getting a GPS lock, it just isn't being passed along to the applications - at least that was my problem, ymmv.

Thanks for the reply mate, I appreciate it - I'll try it out!

Guest Season_Bay

Maybe you guys have chosen too much stuff for /system ...to my experience

Usually for roms at around or less than 125mb will be successfully installed, anything more will usually have error

Guest Shivam Parikh

How long does the first boot take? I see the 4 cross colours since about 10 minutes. No movement and the unlock symbol at the bottom.

Is the first boot up really long or have I got / made a bad flash?

Suggestion if possible add some sort of an icon so user feels its setting up (unless its not)

Guest Victor Bello
I only have HTC dialer/contacts installed. If you have both, perhaps that's the problem. That's pretty much it. Works fine for me.

I baked the following ROM (A19):

Google Appliations:

Desk Clock

Live Wallpapers

News and Weather

SIM Toolkit

Voice Search

YouTube

HTC Applications

Calculator

Friend Stream

HTC CIME

Navigator Panel

Sense/Rosie

Stocks

Weather

Third Party Applications:

Mount USB

MoDaCo Additions

Spare Parts

Titanium Backup

WaveSecure

WiFi Tethering

Wired Tethering

Trackball Options:

None

Expert Options:

None

I left everything else unchecked.

I downloaded Maps and Google Voice afterwards from the Market. I downloaded jonasl's HTC IME (v19) from XDA directly on the phone (he recently updated to v20).

Don't know what else I can offer here. Maybe it's just that I'm using A19 (I'm assuming you're using R21).

Thanks dude,

I'm going to get my pro account and cook me up one just like that, I hope r21 is exactly the same as yours, I actually tried 2 things, with MODACO additions and without, both flashed perfect but both have same problems:

- Google Voice can't make ANY calls.

- Can't save changes or new contacts (Google or any sync contacts)

- Stocks and weather widget problems.

I'll let you guys know about the cooked one.

Guest teddyballgame

i've been using a21 for a few days now and i love it. i was trying out new widgets and ended up deleting the full screen people widget. now i cant get it back. when i try to add it i can get as far as selecting which group of contacts to use for the widget, but the screen is all white with a search bar at the top. does anyone know how to get past this?

Guest aegdawson

Problem with 21... something very strange happens when browsing the Italian newspapers with the Giornali application.

Giornali worked fine with 20 but not with 21.

I guess its a choice of long sms V Italian newspapers! LOL

Guest GodDriven

Quick question..

I would like to know.. The actual HTC Desire.. Is a dual-band 3g device.. Once roms are available, do you think the roms will provide the HSPDA hack for us U.S. People..?

Guest houstonblaney1
Thanks dude,

I'm going to get my pro account and cook me up one just like that, I hope r21 is exactly the same as yours, I actually tried 2 things, with MODACO additions and without, both flashed perfect but both have same problems:

- Google Voice can't make ANY calls.

- Can't save changes or new contacts (Google or any sync contacts)

- Stocks and weather widget problems.

I'll let you guys know about the cooked one.

If the R21 you bake doesn't work out, here's a link for the baked ROM (A19) I'm currently using.

alpha19-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-kitchen-signed-MD5-80ff3d8795c40b4f1ab219fe9dd2844c.zip

Edited by houstonblaney1

Guest houstonblaney1
The HTC Desire is here... Paul do you already have it/working on a native port?

B)

Here's a short answer to your question from Paul (Post #4823).

A quick update - I will have extremely limited Internet access for the next 2 weeks, so there will be fewer (if any) updates and less responses from me in thread until I am fully back online on the 20th April. Thanks for your understanding. :(

That said, a lot of people on this thread have been here since the very beginning and are very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this thread will continue to thrive with everyone helping each other! :P

Definitely some cool stuff lined up for when I return - a new production build, a new system that frees up space on /system and /data (no more storing system stuff on data!) not to mention potential things from a Bravo CDMA dump, the HTC Incredible dump and even a partial Evo 4G dump... :( With a bit of luck the Bravo kernel will drop soon and we can get everything working too...

P

Guest bigmacman

Finally works

-----------------------------------

RA-nexus-v1.7.0.img

Kitchen rom v-21 (select totally under 129mb) with HTC_CIME.

------------------------------------

Guest Killer X

Hi every body,

I am using a18 on my Nexus, it is very good stuff but still i got some bugs...

So i want to try r21.

What do i have to do to install r21 with modaco additions and a2sd??

Do i have to wipe my sdcard in order to make 2 partitions before installing r21? If yes how can i do that?

What kind of backup do i need to make? sms, applications, contacts will be wiped? how can i backup them? astro or titanium? because i saw that in titanium i have to backup all the stuff one by one? Am i wrong?

Thanks for your answers.

Kx

Guest fuzio1963

This morning when i woke up, i found that the keyboard (modified HTC IME input method by jonasl (version 18).) is GONE. There is just that stock Android keyboard on my phone.....anyone knows what happened?? I am on r21.