MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest captain_napster

Got stuck into an infinite boot animation loop. Is it happening only with me? what are the specific steps to flash latest rom?

Guest Breno Poubel

When i try to flash zip from SDCARD it says:

Opening update package...

e:Cant open /sdcard/alpha-r21-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-withadditions-signed.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Any one know, what it's happening?

Thanks.

Guest kkempe

e:Cant open /sdcard/alpha-r21-update-modacocustomrom-nexusone-desire-withadditions-signed.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Thanks.

Download again and don't cut of the hash sum at the end of the file's name when you copy it to the sd...

Guest Cometer

I'm incredibly grateful with Paul's job on the Desire ROM for Google Nexus. I bought the Nexus One this past month and I'm loving it. Pretty much installed the Desire ROM in the first week and to my surprise it runs stable enough for daily use. I can't wait for upcoming ROM releases.

I'm sure will have a fully compatible Desire ROM in no time. Keep up the good work.

Guest fuzio1963
Download again and don't cut of the hash sum at the end of the file's name when you copy it to the sd...

That is NOT an issue! I have baked several roms with on-line kitchen, saving them with my nickname, so i know which one is which, for example: fuzio04012001.zip, fuzio04102001.zip, etc.....and they always flashed with no problemas!! ;)

Guest Deathwish238
Got stuck into an infinite boot animation loop. Is it happening only with me? what are the specific steps to flash latest rom?

You need to wipe and reflash.

Guest JonnyRockets

(bad)

Installation aborted.

Thanks.

YUP! Ran into this just a few days ago.

The mirror files are CORRUPTED.

I don't know how no one else has posted this yet.

I downloaded both the with-additions and without of r21 from the mirrors and neither worked. I got the same error that you did about the files being "bad".

Then I downloaded the non-mirror one and it flashed perfectly fine.

Too bad Paul isn't around to change it but yeah, the mirrored files are 100% broken.

Guest johnluckey

I am definitely looking forward to future releases of the disire ROM. I'm on r21 now and love it! Once the bluetooth is fixed I can say goodbye to my Touch HD which I use for the gym. Thanks Paul for all your hard work, the Desire port is amazing!

Luck

Guest muncheese
YUP! Ran into this just a few days ago.

The mirror files are CORRUPTED.

I don't know how no one else has posted this yet.

I downloaded both the with-additions and without of r21 from the mirrors and neither worked. I got the same error that you did about the files being "bad".

Then I downloaded the non-mirror one and it flashed perfectly fine.

Too bad Paul isn't around to change it but yeah, the mirrored files are 100% broken.

The MD5 sums are there for a reason.

Guest JonnyRockets
The MD5 sums are there for a reason.

There's no point in hosting / linking to 100% broken files. I'm not sure how you're defending that...

Guest lionsh

Hi guys,

First of all thank you Paul for a great rom ;)

I have a small (but irritating) issues with my contacts.

I'm using Gmail contacts + facebook (with numbers only).

For some reason I don't see all my contacts in the "All" list. I do see them if i search for them or if i go into the group they are in.

For example, if i have a contact named x and a contact named y and they are both in the "Favorites" and "Friends" groups I see only x in the "all" view...

Am i the only one with this issue? any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Guest Pinko_Commie
Hi guys,

First of all thank you Paul for a great rom ;)

I have a small (but irritating) issues with my contacts.

I'm using Gmail contacts + facebook (with numbers only).

For some reason I don't see all my contacts in the "All" list. I do see them if i search for them or if i go into the group they are in.

For example, if i have a contact named x and a contact named y and they are both in the "Favorites" and "Friends" groups I see only x in the "all" view...

Am i the only one with this issue? any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Try this.

Go into the "All" view.

Press the menu touch button.

Touch "View"

Then you can choose whch contacts lists get shown there. The one you can't see is probably on a list that's unticked

Guest ichigo195

Hy guys i just installed the desire rom rc21 on my nexus 1 and im having problem playing youtube the phone will restart when i play some videos or will not load any video, i will like to know if there is a solution to fix this issue, will be glad if someone helps me thanks

Guest lionsh
Try this.

Go into the "All" view.

Press the menu touch button.

Touch "View"

Then you can choose whch contacts lists get shown there. The one you can't see is probably on a list that's unticked

I did, before. I have Google, Facebook and "Only contacts with phone number" on. other groups have 0 contacts in them.

Besides, I do see them when i search them specifically or go into their group.

It's even more odd than that. I used to see them in the All view, but once i add them to some group, some of them disappeared from "all" and some of them are still there.

This is crazy

Edited by lionsh

When the R22 are here with bluetooth fix ?? r21 is beautiful

thx

MAYBE when Paul comes back from his holydays, next week. ;)

Edited by GIKE

Guest Tanveer Virani
Anyone else having a problem with alarms on R21? It seems that it only happens if I've restarted my phone, but they just won't go off even though there's the active alarm symbol in the upper right near the clock at the top. They're also listed as active in the HTC Worldclock app.

I've had it happen two days in a row now, and the only way I can get an alarm to work is to delete it if it didn't go off and make a new one.

I had a similar problem. I wiped and re-flashed, and alarms have been working for me since then.

Guest skydart
Does anybody know how I can use the stock dial-pad?

I would also like to use the stock contact list. It's just so much easier for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just came across the best little app, to integrate into the MoDaCo ROM. I REALLY like the HTC Desire ROM, however, I personally do NOT like the dialpad it uses. So, I found the app in the market called, "NubDial". It *kind-of* looks like the stock dialer, but not quite. Better than the Desire dialer, however. If there were a way to utilize the stock dialer with the tabbed interface up top, that would be perfect (for me), so if anyone knows how to do that, please let me know. I already tried building r21 in the Kitchen without "HTC Contacts", and that did not do the trick at all.

Guest GodDriven
MAYBE when Paul comes back from his holydays, next week. ;)

;) Ha-Ha Ha-Ha... Thanks to Optimism and Pure Hope.. As humans and as Followers we are given the best in the end.. In the good book it says so.. And in the obvious of when he comes back.. Ha-Ha.. Ha-ha.. You kill me.. Such a good one..

Guest sluma

My exchange mail sometimes acts very strangely. During none peak times I noticed that once in a while when I attempt to sync my mail manually, all my e-mails get replicated twice after the sync action. I end up with double entries for each e-mail. This behavior is very odd and I have not been able to reproduce it 100%. Is there any logging mechanism that I can use to attempt and narrow down the cause?"

Thanks

P.S this is happening with HTC mail app

Guest houstonblaney1

Back to Desire A19. Glad to be back. Wish I wasn't getting those FCs with the Clock Widget, but I guess it's a small price to pay for the awesomeness that is Sense. That's the only real issue I've had with the Desire ROMs.

Guest ultrabrite
;) Ha-Ha Ha-Ha... Thanks to Optimism and Pure Hope.. As humans and as Followers we are given the best in the end.. In the good book it says so.. And in the obvious of when he comes back.. Ha-Ha.. Ha-ha.. You kill me.. Such a good one..

Maybe that GIKE is right ;) !

http://www.mobiholics.com/content/the-loun...is-modaco-dead/

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest thedonut
I'm incredibly grateful with Paul's job on the Desire ROM for Google Nexus. I bought the Nexus One this past month and I'm loving it. Pretty much installed the Desire ROM in the first week and to my surprise it runs stable enough for daily use. I can't wait for upcoming ROM releases.

I'm sure will have a fully compatible Desire ROM in no time. Keep up the good work.

Looks like Paul may be slightly delayed on his return... lots of flights in Europe are canceled or delayed due to volcanic ash in the atmosphere from the Icelandic volcano eruption.

Travel safely, Paul... We'll still be here. ;)