MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

So it should just change the drawer and nothing else right

No, it will change the whole home screen, and will instead use the "stock" Android home screen with the 3d drawer, the one touchscreen button to load the drawer, at the bottom of the screen, rather than the Rosie/Sense homescreen (with the curved 3-button thing at the bottom with the drawer, phone and + buttons).

Not sure if all the widgets will work, but the rest of the phone should be the same, you'll just have to reorganize your homescreen's widgets and app icons how you want them.

Or put in images, you will go from this:

CAP201003210350.jpg

to this:

abfd9_android21-homescreen.png

sns

Edited by Guest

Guest Nerds 2 You

I have read several posts about GPS not working properly and flasing the radio to solve it. I have run across another issue that I did not find while searching.

I use the app Trapster and noticed that it FC every time I run it with r21. I was looking around on Trapster's forum and came across the following thread

http://getsatisfaction.com/trapster/topics...ash_on_a_desire

It looks like the same issue happens on the actual Desire, the fix is to turn off the "wireles location" and use GPS only which stops the FC and allows trapster to use the GPS

apparently it is a known issue with HTC and they are working on it

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-repli...fm/1429739.html

so Paul, don't go pulling you hair out on this one, it seems as though HTC messed this one up, though I am sure you could help them fix it :huh: or maybe help the guys at Trapster make it work properly with Desire by giving them a few pointers

Edited by Nerds 2 You

Guest richhee
can somebody please help me i posted this few pages back but never got any help when i flash this rom a21 i get the following error

E:error flashing boot:

E:failure at line 302:

write raw image package:boot

installation aborted

i tried wiped repartitioning sd card but still same error the strange part is it boots up and works fine but somethings got to be wrong if im getting errors thank you

what nobody can help im in the right place right

Guest Nerds 2 You
what nobody can help im in the right place right

I would try a fresh download of the ROM. Wipe the phone and re install with the newly downloaded ROM and see if the problem goes away.

hey guys

i've just installed this firmware and it's great!

but i've a little problem

i can't login into my google account, it says like it's logining in, but nothing happens!

so i can't go into market.

browser is working and wifi connection is fine

waiting for your replies, and sorry for my bad english)

pleeease

Guest richhee
I would try a fresh download of the ROM. Wipe the phone and re install with the newly downloaded ROM and see if the problem goes away.

i did that 3 times

Paul did a quick Kitchen fix a couple of days ago (kitchen server was out of hard drive space or something like that) and I was able to successfully bake an r21 ROM and install it.. Nice! Upgraded from r19.. I had to wipe and reflash though as I would get some FC in accounts&sync and other oddities.

Much better now.

To anyone who had issues with ROMs not successfully flashing, I suggest trying again now!

Guest Breze
i believe you will have to reorganize your icons but that should be it. you may not be able to use the htc widgets though :huh:

IF I Do that i might as well just go back to the stock nexus look i just wanted the drawer not to lose the Desire look its not that important

Any prevision to get BlueTooth Working?

Thanks.

Desire Kernel Source is required to get bluetooth and other things working. It's been said many times, including in the other thread with the Desire port status update.

sns

Guest Evil Kaz
The app drawer is part of the homescreen application.. The Desire ROM uses "Rosie" by default, you can probably use the Launcher instead if you want (by going in Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications and clearing the defaults in Rosie and killing it then pressing the home button.. if other launchers are installed, you'll get a popup choice of which one you want to use)

sns

Clear defaults is greyed out for me, the only thing i can do is clear data for Rosie. Any ideas?

Clear defaults is greyed out for me, the only thing i can do is clear data for Rosie. Any ideas?

Install Helix Launcher or Helix Launcher2 from the Market

Guest evildesi

So I've been using this r21 Desire rom for few days now and have been noticing battery drains more than normal over night. This morning I checked the partial wakelock in spare parts, it turns out the phone has been running the whole time since I charged it. The partial wakelock say that "Android System" has caused the phone from sleeping the whole time.

Time since unplugged: 6 hrs

Running: 6 hrs

Network Usage is nearly full UID 10010

Partial Wakelock: full by "Android System"

Is there anyway to find out what part of the android system is doing this???

Guest Sylar2010

My wishlist for the upcoming update:

- BT fully working

- LED notification colors customisation (like in Enom 1.8.1)

- Dolby Mobile enhancement from Desire

- Stronger flash for photos, I noticed when using Enom Rom the flash is 2x stronger

Guest crimz
Hi all. Excited to have become a premium member on Modaco.. you do some great stuff here Paul, thanks a bunch :-) I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem i'm having when i try to install a cooked version of the r21 Desire ROM on my N1. Everything installs great but for some reason, my Browser always force closes when i try to run it, along with any related app it seems. Facebook, flikr.. etc all force close :huh:

Any help on the matter is most appreciated. Thanks

++hmm seems like when i install the free ROM it goes fine, but when i install the cooked one i get the falling Android out of a box >< i is lost lol

+++ Just tried the kitchen ROM again - its still failing :P can anyone shed some light as to what i might be doing wrong?

Guest kroosh@android
+++ Just tried the kitchen ROM again - its still failing :huh: can anyone shed some light as to what i might be doing wrong?

don't choose the arabic option, that's what is causing it to FC . no solution exists....

Guest muncheese
So I've been using this r21 Desire rom for few days now and have been noticing battery drains more than normal over night. This morning I checked the partial wakelock in spare parts, it turns out the phone has been running the whole time since I charged it. The partial wakelock say that "Android System" has caused the phone from sleeping the whole time.

Time since unplugged: 6 hrs

Running: 6 hrs

Network Usage is nearly full UID 10010

Partial Wakelock: full by "Android System"

Is there anyway to find out what part of the android system is doing this???

You may have USB debugging turned on.