MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest muncheese
If Paul is on XDA answering questions, and he knows we all are in desperate need for a update, 9 times out of 10, there wont be a update. Its been 4 weeks now since we've had an update and its been nearly a month since the HTC Desire has been released. So that should answer your question especially if hes been on XDA.

All you people in "desperate" need of an update don't realize those fixes are really out of his hands.

Guest JonnyRockets
If Paul is on XDA answering questions, and he knows we all are in desperate need for a update, 9 times out of 10, there wont be a update. Its been 4 weeks now since we've had an update and its been nearly a month since the HTC Desire has been released. So that should answer your question especially if hes been on XDA.

He was out of the country for 3 weeks due to the vacation and the volcano ash (without any internet access).

http://twitter.com/paulobrien

Even if he wasn't, he doesn't owe you ANYTHING. Jesus Christ, who the hell are you to demand updates?

Paul, please ban this idiot. Every post of his is pure garbage. People like this are not needed on this forum.

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Robert Basil

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Guest DonalCasey
1 - answering questions is easier than fixing issues that require the as-yet unreleased kernel source

2 - Paul was on holiday far from home where he barely had Internet access, and was delayed by the volcano

So yeah there hasn't been an update for 4 weeks and it makes sense given the circumstances.

Though I'd love to have an update ASAP, I don't understand the sense of entitlement of some people.. really.. if they want an update, why don't they make it instead? Maybe they'll see how much work it is and would appreciate Paul's work more....

sns

+1

Guest skydart
Welcome back Paul. :huh:

Amen to that!

I have a bit of an issue here that I need some counsel on. I don't listen to music on my phone, so I don't know how, but my speaker blew. It's "fuzzy", and though it will play sound, it won't play sound at full blast, it just stops playing any sound at that point.

The bottom line is, I need to send it back to HTC for a replacement. However, it's unlocked, and right now (as of this writing), I have a newer radio image, newer kernal, CyanogemMOB-5.0.6-N1, build number EPE54B all that I baked in the kitchen.

How might bring the entire phone back to factory speck, as though I had not unlocked it, so that when it boots up, it needs to not have an unlock image, etc. I don't know that I have the original recovery image, as I have flashed about 15 times since I got it ;-)

- SkyDart

Guest Robert Basil
How might bring the entire phone back to factory speck, as though I had not unlocked it, so that when it boots up, it needs to not have an unlock image, etc.

It's not currently possible to go back to a locked image on boot-up.

Guest y2whisper
Amen to that!

I have a bit of an issue here that I need some counsel on. I don't listen to music on my phone, so I don't know how, but my speaker blew. It's "fuzzy", and though it will play sound, it won't play sound at full blast, it just stops playing any sound at that point.

The bottom line is, I need to send it back to HTC for a replacement. However, it's unlocked, and right now (as of this writing), I have a newer radio image, newer kernal, CyanogemMOB-5.0.6-N1, build number EPE54B all that I baked in the kitchen.

How might bring the entire phone back to factory speck, as though I had not unlocked it, so that when it boots up, it needs to not have an unlock image, etc. I don't know that I have the original recovery image, as I have flashed about 15 times since I got it ;-)

- SkyDart

You can't revert it back, you could in the very list flash a stock rom. but since this is a hardware issue not caused from rooting the phone you can still send it back.

go here and fill the form

http://google.com/support/android/bin/requ...act_type=refund

I got it from this thread at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=658702 where you can see how it worked out for him

Guest kwandds
try these

Name: T-Mobile US

APN: epc.tmobile.com

Proxy: <not set>

Port: <not set>

Username: None

Password: None

Server: <not set>

MMSC: [http]://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: <not set>

MMS Port: <not set>

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 310

MNC: 260

APN Type: mms

For some reason those APNs on the google site dont work correctly I had the same issue awhile back.

Aslo try these Gateway #'s notice the difference in the numbering sequence, They Do work my hand set is as above and works great! MMS pics too

You just have to play around with it. When you put the new APN #s in shut the phon off and restart it this way it will register on the network

Oh and you can try here too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/in...p/t-274193.html

Gateway IP:

Primary = 216.155.165.050, port = 8080

Secondary = 216.155.165.051, port = 8080

THANKS! This fixed the MMS file size error.

This should really be highlighted because I know many are having this problem

Guest rnmedic1839
THANKS! This fixed the MMS file size error.

This should really be highlighted because I know many are having this problem

Same with the Bluetooth, go into advance settings BT and make sure FTP Server is checked, go back out and do a discoverable search again and you BT should show up.

Good Luck

Guest Sabiwa

Well well i am using the A21 now for a long time and its pretty good to be honest.

Only reason i looked again to CM is for the Bluetooth but i never went back for long after using A21.

Thank you Paul for your wonderfull job, since you returned i am more and more refreshing the pages again to see if there is something added already.

But to make it clear : I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE and yes i was shouting that :huh:

Guest Robert Basil
Well well i am using the A21 now for a long time and its pretty good to be honest.

Only reason i looked again to CM is for the Bluetooth but i never went back for long after using A21.

Thank you Paul for your wonderfull job, since you returned i am more and more refreshing the pages again to see if there is something added already.

But to make it clear : I LOVE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE and yes i was shouting that :huh:

I've moved to CM until Paul can get the desire rom working with the latest GV app. I tried the old GV app with a21 and it works, but not very good and is very buggy.

Looking forward to coming back to the desire rom once the latest GV app works with it!

Edited by Robert Basil

Guest PeRKoniX
seems that Paul already rooted desire , we maybe get a version of this rom for nexus

Rooted doesn't mean he has the kernel source to fix the known nexus one(with desire rom) issues right?

Or is this maybe a step towards reverse engineering some kernel parts to fix issues (like BT and FM Radio)? Atleast I hope it is :huh:

Edited by PeRKoniX

Guest squirreleater
Rooted doesn't mean he has the kernel source to fix the known nexus one(with desire rom) issues right?

Or is this maybe a step towards reverse engineering some kernel parts to fix issues (like BT and FM Radio)? Atleast I hope it is :huh:

Possibly, there are workarounds, but we're stuck waiting for HTC to release the kernel source.

I remember the wait well from my Hero owning days!

Ironic, we all got Nexus ones because it's the google phone and pretty well unlocked, but now a lot of us are hanging around like spare parts waiting for HTC to release something! Make me think i should have got a Desire- until 2.2 come out!

Guest AndroidAlways

I been lurking around a while, and yesterday i finally found the courage to try out the Desire port (r21), and I love it! :P It feels almost faster than the stock rom, and it's loaded with all the Sense-goodness that I have missed since I ditched my Hero, in favor of the Nexus. Great work Paul!

I have however one rather stupid issue; the media volume is too high, compared to the stock rom :huh:

At the lowest setting (1 of 15), it's still too high with my headphones. In the stock rom, It was fine at 4 or 5 of 15 (max volume).

Have anyone else noticed a increase in volume? Is there anyway change the "master volume" or change the volume more precisely? I couldn't find anything useful on Market.

Guest starkruzr

I've been getting the strong impression that getting the kernel source will let Paul really move this ROM into beta status and fix a lot of the issues that have been plaguing us. It might even let the speedups that you see on ROMs like CyanogenMod find their way into the Desire ROM.

Guest evildesi
I don't know whether anyone else is experiencing this, but since upgrading to A17 (after a full wipe), my battery life has become MUCH worse. Now I am lucky to get 9 hours of battery life, with hardly any usage (a few messages and a little browsing). In A13 I would easily get double this!

Spare Parts shows that Calendar is causing this, and in the Applications menu this is listed as ObexService. What exactly is this?

I'm using A21, i've been noticing the calendar app causing wake lock. I can't figure out why it's doing that? I can stop this by killing all apps using a task manager.

Searched this thread and saw that couple of people were seeing the same issues in earlier ROMs. Didn't really see if there was a solution to the issue.

Guest LilRedzMD
He was out of the country for 3 weeks due to the vacation and the volcano ash (without any internet access).

http://twitter.com/paulobrien

Even if he wasn't, he doesn't owe you ANYTHING. Jesus Christ, who the hell are you to demand updates?

Paul, please ban this idiot. Every post of his is pure garbage. People like this are not needed on this forum.

Dude who are you to suggest me to banned. I can say what I please. If I feel a sort of type of way I have the right to voice my opinion, idiot.

Guest deanesn

does any on have issues with the boot audio. i cant remember if the the audio at boot worked when i installed the desire rom with the default htc boot animation for the first and only time. since then i have been cooking and adding the nexus default boot animation with boot sound but it has never worked. it has never bothered me and its not a big issue but since i changed my boot animation i wanted a boot sound too but whatever i add doesnt work. just wonder if any with the nexus animation has boot sound. oh and do you guys know which files actually calls on the boot sound. maybe it is something easily fixable.

thanks