MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fuzio1963
Am a bit tempted to sell off my N1 and go for a Desire. With Paul dishing out his ROMs, updating to the latest and greatest should be easy.

Does anyone know if the N1 dock also works with the Desire? If the hardware is almost the same, are the bottom connector pins also the same? Or does HTC plan to release a dock specially for the Desire?

Thanks!

:huh: Like you said yourself: - "almost the same". Oh well, "almost" makes a huge difference. :P

Guest Aspergillus
While I'm on the side of 'give Paul a break, he's been on holiday and struggled to get back' etc. I think we may be sailing into not so clear water here.

If it was a donation, I could have given whatever I like. I couldn't, I had to pay £10 to get access to the better things of the site. Does Paul not own this site? Is it his business? If it is, then I guess we are paying Paul and I guess it gives a little weight to people moaning as they are now paying for a service for which they aren't happy..

Hi m8,

i don't know what is not clear here.

AddFree Members payed for the Service of having the Site Site AddFree and for Access to Online Kitchens.. Nothing more.

Nobody was promised anything more than that. So what is not clear..

Nobody here bought a Servicecontract for Nexus Desire Rom. Something like that was never ofered here. So whatis not clear?

I got the Site Add Free and I got Access to the online Kitchens so i got all that I was promised when buying the Service.

If people expected more than that they did not read what thy where buying so its their fault.

Regards

Aspi

Edited by Aspergillus

I'm looking at the Desire Asia new release as a potential base for the next update.

Remember people....

- I work on multiple devices, putting my time where it's needed (e.g. where a new release comes, or a new root is needed etc.)

- I was on holiday for 2 weeks (3 with the cloud!)

- I also have a mobile and telematics consultancy business that takes my time

- We can't make any huge advancements here until HTC release the kernel source

- When you sign up for AdFree or Plus, it's quite clear what you are signing up for. It's NOT, and is never sold as, future updates for your chosen phone

Nuff said. :huh:

P

Guest OMEGA46
I'm looking at the Desire Asia new release as a potential base for the next update.

Remember people....

- I work on multiple devices, putting my time where it's needed (e.g. where a new release comes, or a new root is needed etc.)

- When you sign up for AdFree or Plus, it's quite clear what you are signing up for. It's NOT, and is never sold as, future updates for your chosen phone

P

Paul thanks for your hard work. Im running R21 until "IF" and"When" you have a chance for an update. badword everyone who wants to complain. :P Any chance for an HD2 Android port? hehehe

Guest Askani

Paul, if you tell me that you are not going to leave us with alpha versions, I will believe you!

I just dont want to be left alone without bluetooth and with slows and lags radomly ocurring...

Anyway, even with these problems, it is still better than the alternative...

Guest JonnyRockets

Remember people....

P

Can you please just give some (temporary) bans for people who demand updates (or are in general just asshats)? :P

I think people need to see someone be made an example out of to get the hint that trolling behavior won't fly here.

Guest Robert Basil
Can you please just give some (temporary) bans for people who demand updates (or are in general just asshats)? :huh:

I think people need to see someone be made an example out of to get the hint that trolling behavior won't fly here.

Great idea! :P

Guest brownievegas

I used the same ROM to flash my N1. Believe it or not the workaround was to keep toggling the Discoverable flag under the Bluetooth Settings area. The N1 was then able to find my Motorola HX1 and PRO Plantronics headsets very fast. Works like a charm!

Hi, I flashed my N1 with r21 Desire ROM, and I cannot connect my Jawbone headset. Is the bluetooth completely not working on r21 rom or I did something wrong when flashing? I already wipe all data then install the rom.

Any suggestion/advice? Do I have to wait for r22 to resolve this?

Thanks.

Guest xplod420
Paul will release a MCR update tomorrow, the Desire to N1 update would follow

I am sorry for the noob question. I have a Nexus one phone, which update will i need.

Paul, if you tell me that you are not going to leave us with alpha versions, I will believe you!

I just dont want to be left alone without bluetooth and with slows and lags radomly ocurring...

Anyway, even with these problems, it is still better than the alternative...

Hi Askani, If your N1 is slow and has random lags, maybe I have the solution for this.. I have the N1 for about two months now and always updating to the last Release of the Desire Rom... No lag at all..

I tought it was because of the rom that was Very stable and Fast, but I figure out it was Taskiller app! I always used that app since a year with my old HTC Dream (G1).. its the first app I install every time a flash a new rom..

don't need to kill tasks manually, it does it by itself if you activate Auto Task Kill On Screen Off.. You can also chose the app to ignore some app like the Launcher, Livewallpaper, etc.

Since I disabled taskiller for a day for test purpose, I noticed that it was Very laggy and Very Slow... I have 193 App My N1 is full... It takes about 5 minutes to become very slow after disabling taskiller.. It even crashed two times..

I think Taskiller is the Key to the N1 laggyness problem, If configured properly, you will have No lagg at all!

Don't even need to buy full version, unless you want to get rid of adds (I never open the taskiller UI since it does kill all not wanted tasks automaticaly while screen off.. adds are not very a problem..)

Little suggestion for Paul, if you can include Taskiller Free App with Autotaskkill On and ignored app lists already set, it would be nice!

Can you please just give some (temporary) bans for people who demand updates (or are in general just asshats)? :P

Indeed! MoDaCo is not 'that kind' of establishment. Trolls not welcome here. :huh:

P

Guest Sylar2010

Paul do you think the fact that the Desire is louder (ringtones) is due of hardware speaker difference or it's a kernel that make all the difference?

Dolby mobile will be ported too?

Guest GodDriven
Indeed! MoDaCo is not 'that kind' of establishment. Trolls not welcome here. :P

P

Oh Lord.. Hell broke loose here again dint it.. People Updates are upon avail.. The avail to build better than were we were.. Google Doesn't even put out updates as this BIG MAN does.. :blink: :o

I know impatience is bliss.. I have suffered under his raft when he gets upset for a "wrong" doing.. So be wise and good children, even the best of children still get yelled at. LoL.. :huh:

Guest tim.embedded
Hi Askani, If your N1 is slow and has random lags, maybe I have the solution for this.. I have the N1 for about two months now and always updating to the last Release of the Desire Rom... No lag at all..

I tought it was because of the rom that was Very stable and Fast, but I figure out it was Taskiller app! I always used that app since a year with my old HTC Dream (G1).. its the first app I install every time a flash a new rom..

don't need to kill tasks manually, it does it by itself if you activate Auto Task Kill On Screen Off.. You can also chose the app to ignore some app like the Launcher, Livewallpaper, etc.

Since I disabled taskiller for a day for test purpose, I noticed that it was Very laggy and Very Slow... I have 193 App My N1 is full... It takes about 5 minutes to become very slow after disabling taskiller.. It even crashed two times..

I think Taskiller is the Key to the N1 laggyness problem, If configured properly, you will have No lagg at all!

Don't even need to buy full version, unless you want to get rid of adds (I never open the taskiller UI since it does kill all not wanted tasks automaticaly while screen off.. adds are not very a problem..)

Little suggestion for Paul, if you can include Taskiller Free App with Autotaskkill On and ignored app lists already set, it would be nice!

I just don't believe when ppl say the desire Rom is laggy as it works smoothly at my n1. now, I realize it may because I use the advanced task manager to kill the background tasks frequently.

Guest VinceC

Hey Paul,

first off I wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on these roms so far. Your work is greatly appreciated =)

I was an avid iPhone user for almost three years when I decided to switch to the nexus one a few weeks ago. I rooted and have been using cyanogen mod since day 1 but today I felt the need for something better so I switched to the desire rom. It is by Far the best experience I've had on the nexus and I am very impressed. I also was excited to see your post back before you left about a possible trackball wake option in a future update and that made my day as trackball wake is one of the best features I liked in cyanogen mod. I just had one further question.

I did a bit of research, (most likely not enough) and wasn't able to find much of anything on the bluetooth progress with the nexus one desire rom. I use bluetooth daily and it is the Only thing I can't sacrifice for the desire rom :-/ both my Pro Plantronics and my JVC car stereo have paired successfully but don't actually work when it comes down to actual use. I've seen this as a "known issue" and was just wondering if you had any plans to work on this in the future or whether this is an irreparable issue for this phone.

Thanks again for everything you do!

Regards,

Vince

Guest huey-t

Any news on what's in this Asia region ROM release, P?

Guest polo79

With all the drama around here I hesitated to mention that when/if its possible that it would be awesome to have "trackball wake". With all due respect of course. lol. I have been using cyan due to hating flyscreen and lock 2.0. I know its lame but that is the ONLY thing holding me back from using this Rom again. I hope "trackball wake" is something we can get without having the desire kernel. thanks for all your hard work Paul!

Guest xplod420

can some one reply to me please. Does this ROM does not support 3G? I don't get any indication of that. I just have letter E, i know i am in the 3G area.

Guest houstonblaney1

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone here know how to add cities to the HTC Weather app? I'm not talking about pushing the menu button and pushing the + button. I want to add a city that's not listed. For example, Corona, CA is in there, but Norco, CA is not. Is there a weather database somewhere that can be edited? Ideas?

Guest richhee

can some one reply to me please. Does this ROM does not support 3G? I don't get any indication of that. I just have letter E, i know i am in the 3G area.

[

the h symbol replaces 3g supposably faster

Guest Brian L

the h symbol replaces 3g supposably faster

It definately supports 3g. Make sure under your wireless and network settings, then in mobile network settings you have network mode set to GSM/WCDMA auto or just WCDMA if you just want 3g. If it is just set to GSM you will not get 3g.

Guest Shmoopty
Remember people....

I think that needed to be said by you. Thank you, Paul.

Don't forget that you're talking to a very small, but vocal minority.

You have tens of thousands of kitchen downloads and and very small number of people that won't act appreciative.

Guest paulytran
Paul do you think the fact that the Desire is louder (ringtones) is due of hardware speaker difference or it's a kernel that make all the difference?

Dolby mobile will be ported too?

The Dolby Mobile idea is very intriguing. I also wonder if this is port-able too.

Also, welcome back Paul. We were all anxiously waiting for your return. Sad to hear life was SO hard being stuck in the Dominican Republic. :huh:

Guest xplod420
It definately supports 3g. Make sure under your wireless and network settings, then in mobile network settings you have network mode set to GSM/WCDMA auto or just WCDMA if you just want 3g. If it is just set to GSM you will not get 3g.

Thanks. Another question is, does any one have a problem with mounting SD card? It won't mount at all no matter what i do.

Downloaded Automount, so far so good. But i have another one. On one of the active screens i have a widjet that displays favorite numbers. I want to know how to delete a contact from there, and is there a way to rearrange the order they are displayed at.

Edited by xplod420

Guest tim.embedded
I was an avid iPhone user for almost three years when I decided to switch to the nexus one a few weeks ago. I rooted and have been using cyanogen mod since day 1 but today I felt the need for something better so I switched to the desire rom. It is by Far the best experience I've had on the nexus and I am very impressed. I also was excited to see your post back before you left about a possible trackball wake option in a future update and that made my day as trackball wake is one of the best features I liked in cyanogen mod. I just had one further question.

Hi,

Same here. I moved from Desire ROM to Cyanogen ROM now partially due to the trackball wake option. My fingers are short, so this trackball wake is extremely convenient for me. I wish Paul could include this feature at online kitchen, if possible. Besides, it is even better if there is Trackball Sleep feature, so I don't need to press the power button to make the n1 sleeps.