MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TecKnight
Just out of curiosity, but does anyone here know how to add cities to the HTC Weather app? I'm not talking about pushing the menu button and pushing the + button. I want to add a city that's not listed. For example, Corona, CA is in there, but Norco, CA is not. Is there a weather database somewhere that can be edited? Ideas?

HoustonBlaney,

I thought I was missing something obvious, but I had the same question.. I cannot seem to find a way to add a city either.

Guest houstonblaney1
HoustonBlaney,

I thought I was missing something obvious, but I had the same question.. I cannot seem to find a way to add a city either.

I figured out the "Add City" problem with the HTC Clock Widget. Turns out you need to have the HTC Desk Clock baked into the ROM (and not the Nexus One clock that's compatible with the desktop dock). You can add whatever city you want to the HTC Clock (note: you can add any city that's in the HTC Weather database). Would love to get a little more specific with the cities in weather. I remember using a program for my HTC Fuze called Weather Database Editor (or something like that) to add cities to the database. Then again, that was a WM phone. I would like to think that such an option exists somewhere for Android. I just haven't found it yet.

Guest xplod420

Is there a specific trick as to adding my mp3 as a ring tone to a phone with this rom, or adding an mp3 to a specific contact? Also On one of the active screens i have a widjet that displays favorite numbers. I want to know how to delete a contact from there, and is there a way to rearrange the order they are displayed at.

Guest illmatic416
With all the drama around here I hesitated to mention that when/if its possible that it would be awesome to have "trackball wake". With all due respect of course. lol. I have been using cyan due to hating flyscreen and lock 2.0. I know its lame but that is the ONLY thing holding me back from using this Rom again. I hope "trackball wake" is something we can get without having the desire kernel. thanks for all your hard work Paul!

+1 Trackball wake is what i'm waiting for on this ROM also. Cheers Paul, hope the vacation was good, minus the ash cloud wait!

Guest yankyjz

Paul,

Why is /data/dalvik-cache not sym-linked to the ext partition? Is there a quick way to move this? I ask because for those of use who use a lot of apps (or even apps with a large footprint), the Desire ROM is basically useless on the Nexus One. I understand that you have a lot on your plate but I am just asking if this is something that is going to change down the line. It seems to make sense to link it this way since that's how it removes the storage limitations of the Nexus.

Thanks

Guest got2trythis

I have made several custom Desire ROMs for my N1. All seems to have problems with the browser opening. The browser opens and immediately displays a message "Force Close". This is alpha 21. The generic alpha (none kitchen) works great. It is somehow the kitchen build what is causing the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I need the extra custom languages in the Kitchen!!!! Please help!

Guest Brian L
Thanks. Another question is, does any one have a problem with mounting SD card? It won't mount at all no matter what i do.

Downloaded Automount, so far so good. But i have another one. On one of the active screens i have a widjet that displays favorite numbers. I want to know how to delete a contact from there, and is there a way to rearrange the order they are displayed at.

Use the MountUSB app that comes with the ROM.

Guest xplod420

all this phone users and no one can answer a few simple question :huh: on how to add mp3 as a ring tone and how to delete one contact from a favorites list.

Guest skydart
all this phone users and no one can answer a few simple question :huh: on how to add mp3 as a ring tone and how to delete one contact from a favorites list.

That's because they are tired of answering the same questions. Everything you want to know can be found by doing a simple search. The search field is located at the bottom left of this page.

Guest arkhynn

To remove the user from a group :

Go to the HTC Contacts app, select the contact to edit, edit it, select "groups" and untick the groups you want to remove it from.

Guest skydart
I know how to use a search, instead of being like that, a normal person would just post a link.

A "normal person" . . . . . . would do the work for you? . . . . . . ok, here's the link: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=Search

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. It just that in this forum, it if you've been following it for a while, you'll notice that everyone asks the same questions over and over again, because they dont' want to take the time to "do the work" themselves and search for the answer. If you've asked a question and it didn't get answered, it's because people are ignoring your question because the answer can almost certainly be found in doing a little bit of homework. If you have searched for the answer, post what you have found, to lend some credibility to your effort in trying to find the answer, . . . . . people are far more willing to help if you can show that you have put forth the effort as opposed to expecting everyone else to do your homework for you. . . . . ironically, even THIS response has been posted multiple times in this forum.

Edited by skydart

Guest thisisgil

Here's an odd one -

Been running the Desire r21 for a while now with no problems, but my phone has suddenly decided that it's in South Korea rather than Slough, UK?! The weather / clock app on the home screen displays "South Korea", and the appropriate time and weather for South Korea.

I rebooted once, and it picked up the correct location, but now it has just pinged back to South Korea again! What on earth could be making it think that it's in South Korea?!

Guest thisisgil
Check Locale in the language settings

Locale is definitely set to English UK.

I just went into Google Maps, and it told me I was slap bang in the middle of Seoul, by the Han River :huh: The GPS Satellite logo appeared, so it was tracking me via the GPS Satellite... The whole map is in Korean.

Totally surreal!

Guest kwandds
Locale is definitely set to English UK.

I just went into Google Maps, and it told me I was slap bang in the middle of Seoul, by the Han River :huh: The GPS Satellite logo appeared, so it was tracking me via the GPS Satellite... The whole map is in Korean.

Totally surreal!

Maybe you were abducted by aliens and taken to korea for alien experiments. And when you were taken back, your phone never updated back. That's the only logical explanation.

Guest Scott Ricketts
Maybe you were abducted by aliens and taken to korea for alien experiments. And when you were taken back, your phone never updated back. That's the only logical explanation.

And I've seen the Han river, you don't want to be in the middle of that.

Guest galleren

Tried downloading all of the 3 roms from the mirror links, and they're all corrupted. The regular download link is insanely slow for some reason. 3+hours to download.

Anyone hosting the 3 different roms on another site or so?

Guest yankyjz
which apps2sd version is in this? shall i use RA1.6.2 or RA1.7.0?

how many empty space is available in /data after install?

The recovery has nothing to do with app2sd. The method used by Paul for the Desire to N1 ROM, unfortunately, makes using the beautiful Desire ROM a complete impossibility if you actually like to use the device for one of it's main purposes, apps. Without app2sd the amazing N1 is basically a paperweight and not implementing app2sd on the Desire ROM as it's been done since just about day one going back to the G1 days (and even now on Cyan) makes no sense to me. I've spent a few hours modifying the script to do what I need it to do but it should be default. Apps are getting bigger for Android now the abysmal 196 free internal makes it impossible to use the N1 the way it should be used. If you use ten apps then you are fine. But if you like some games and a lot of apps then you will need to edit the apps2sd method so that dalvik-cache goes to the ext partition.

Guest Robert Basil
The method used by Paul for the Desire to N1 ROM, unfortunately, makes using the beautiful Desire ROM a complete impossibility if you actually like to use the device for one of it's main purposes, apps.

I don't know how to say this politely, so I am just going to say it... Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out you ungrateful bastard.

Edited by Robert Basil

Guest xplod420

why is there no uninstall option for most of the apps in this rom? i am trying to get rid of apps that i don't use, but there is no option for doing so.