MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest yankyjz
I don't know how to say this politely, so I am just going to say it... Don't let the door hit you on the way out you ungrateful bastard.

You have a problem with me expressing an issue I'v had to deal with since alpha v.6!? I love what paul is doing here, so much so that I became an adfree member! So if I want to mention a problem I see with this rom, I have as much right as anyone else. seem all you immature people would rather whine and bitch " waa, we havent had an update in over a month, waa! " why not try to discuss legit issues and save the whining , Bitching and of course FLAMING for your mothers!

Asshole!

Guest yankyjz
I don't know how to say this politely, so I am just going to say it... Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out you ungrateful bastard.

First of all, I wasn't talking to you so I'll say this as politely as I can, kiss my ass. Secondly, I've been at the development game longer than you are alive so again, as politely as I can say this, kiss my ass. Finally, I was merely pointing out a fact so when you get Paul's nuts out of your mouth you can also see the truth. Paul may very well be the best developer in the world but the method he used for the Desire ROM's app2sd has, well, a lot to be desired. It is not a shot at his development skills. And like I said before, unless you suddenly changed your name to Paul, kiss my ass and mind your business. I wasn't talking to you. I rewrote the apps2sd script to work for me and I was just pointing it out because this is an issue for a lot of people I know. I never rag on developers. Ever. I am a developer for a living and know exactly what we do and how others react to out work. So take your own advice and, in your case, let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Guest VinceC
First of all, I wasn't talking to you so I'll say this as politely as I can, kiss my ass. Secondly, I've been at the development game longer than you are alive so again, as politely as I can say this, kiss my ass. Finally, I was merely pointing out a fact so when you get Paul's nuts out of your mouth you can also see the truth. Paul may very well be the best developer in the world but the method he used for the Desire ROM's app2sd has, well, a lot to be desired. It is not a shot at his development skills. And like I said before, unless you suddenly changed your name to Paul, kiss my ass and mind your business. I wasn't talking to you. I rewrote the apps2sd script to work for me and I was just pointing it out because this is an issue for a lot of people I know. I never rag on developers. Ever. I am a developer for a living and know exactly what we do and how others react to out work. So take your own advice and, in your case, let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I am afraid you might have missed the section where paul felt more than happy to ban ungrateful users such as yourself xD Just sayin'... you might want to reconsider your position in this forum before you find yourself out in the cold O.O

I like your statement regarding how long You've been in the development business and how you are therefore "qualified" to rip on pauls work just because it doesn't work like goldmaster product. The fact is it isn't a gold master product. (duuuhhhh) it's still in alpha for crying out loud. You want the honest truth? The fact that we are on alpha 21 of a rom that has been ported to a native phone is incredible in itself considering this is the work of One Man on a project which is NOT his only contribution to the mobile community.

Personally, (and this is, of course, just me) I think you should take all of your developer experience and go make us all a perfectly working rom. =) maybe then you'd have a little respect for those who actually know what they're doing and have the audacity to handle themselves appropriately in a public setting. Good-day sir~

Guest VinceC
Tried downloading all of the 3 roms from the mirror links, and they're all corrupted. The regular download link is insanely slow for some reason. 3+hours to download.

Anyone hosting the 3 different roms on another site or so?

That would be the case. I meant to bring this to paul's attention yesterday when I discovered it.

All three mirrors return a different md5 hash and all three fail when you try to flash them to the nexus.

~Vince

Guest Robert Basil
First of all, I wasn't talking to you so I'll say this as politely as I can, kiss my ass. Secondly, I've been at the development game longer than you are alive so again, as politely as I can say this, kiss my ass.

You really should do your homework before you go assuming. You know what you get when you assume right? :huh: I was born in 1966 and I've been programming in multiple languages on multiple types of systems since 1982. I have been a Database Engineer since 1989 and currently have my Ph.D from the University of Arizona - http://www.robertbasil.com

As for the rest of your post, dont let the door.... (I think you know the rest). :P

Edited by Robert Basil

Guest ivopjr

People, please... calm down... This is a serious forum where people come to find solutions and help one another... solve your personal issues with PM. "fi fi fi fi fi... don't worry.... be happy... uh uh uh uh...." "..don't worry be happy." :huh: :P

Guest yankyjz
I am afraid you might have missed the section where paul felt more than happy to ban ungrateful users such as yourself xD Just sayin'... you might want to reconsider your position in this forum before you find yourself out in the cold O.O

I like your statement regarding how long You've been in the development business and how you are therefore "qualified" to rip on pauls work just because it doesn't work like goldmaster product. The fact is it isn't a gold master product. (duuuhhhh) it's still in alpha for crying out loud. You want the honest truth? The fact that we are on alpha 21 of a rom that has been ported to a native phone is incredible in itself considering this is the work of One Man on a project which is NOT his only contribution to the mobile community.

Personally, (and this is, of course, just me) I think you should take all of your developer experience and go make us all a perfectly working rom. =) maybe then you'd have a little respect for those who actually know what they're doing and have the audacity to handle themselves appropriately in a public setting. Good-day sir~

Is it so hard for people not named "Paul" to not respond when I'm not talking to them?

And read the original post again. I in no way shape or form said anything about Paul's ROM. Jeez. Get a grip people. I was just pointing something out. I think Paul does a hell of a job but people, he is not God. You are allowed to disagree with people. Just because Paul created it does not mean it's perfect. I didn't suggest he jump up and "fix" something. I merely made a point about the apps2sd method which, by the way, is not wrong whether you like it or not. For all I care Paul can never fix it. I simply made a point. Take it for what's it's worth.

Guest yankyjz
You really should do your homework before you go assuming. You know what you get when you assume right? :huh: I was born in 1966 and I've been programming in multiple languages on multiple types of systems since 1982. I have been a Database Engineer since 1989 and currently have my Ph.D from the University of Arizona - http://www.robertbasil.com

As for the rest of your post, dont let the door.... (I think you know the rest). :P

Just my luck I get the ONE person on these forums who actually knows how to code. And for the record, I've been developing for nearly as long as you are alive. So I was close. Paul can ban be all he wants but I don't see the reason for banning someone for making a point. I was not in any way, God forbid saying anything against Paul. But then again, I needn't explain myself to you.

Guest Robert Basil
Just my luck I get the ONE person on these forums who actually knows how to code.

Another insightful comment / statement from you. And yet you wonder why the community here would not miss you if you left? IF (keep in mind I said IF) you have a valid argument that's fine and is exactly what these forums are for, discussion... but you are not helping your cause by putting everyone down, telling people to get paul's nuts out of their mouth and just being an all around ass while making it.

And for the record, I've been developing for nearly as long as you are alive. So I was close.

uh huh.... sure.... If you are going to lie at least make it believable. :huh:

Guest VinceC

my my my, we are a very politically distracted group here aren't we? we need steve to come through shouting "shiny new iphone HD" so we all get distracted xD

Guest eddiec10
Another insightful comment / statement from you. And yet you wonder why the community here would not miss you if you left? IF (keep in mind I said IF) you have a valid argument that's fine and is exactly what these forums are for, discussion... but you are not helping your cause by putting everyone down, telling people to get paul's nuts out of their mouth and just being an all around ass while making it.

uh huh.... sure.... If you are going to lie at least make it believable. :huh:

Guys - please let this go now. Let's all make this forum what it's for, supporting and helping each other and getting the best out of our phones and Paul's rom.

Guest muncheese
Is it so hard for people not named "Paul" to not respond when I'm not talking to them?

And read the original post again. I in no way shape or form said anything about Paul's ROM. Jeez. Get a grip people. I was just pointing something out. I think Paul does a hell of a job but people, he is not God. You are allowed to disagree with people. Just because Paul created it does not mean it's perfect. I didn't suggest he jump up and "fix" something. I merely made a point about the apps2sd method which, by the way, is not wrong whether you like it or not. For all I care Paul can never fix it. I simply made a point. Take it for what's it's worth.

It's been stated that if you wanted to used app2sd for this rom you'd have to stick to 1.6.2 recovery from RA. People using the latest version of the recovery have run into problems, possibly the same problems you are running into?

Edited by muncheese

Guest ultrabrite

:huh:

Guys - please let this go now. Let's all make this forum what it's for, supporting and helping each other and getting the best out of our phones and Paul's rom.

↑↑↑

:P

post-668185-1272570283_thumb.jpg

Edited by ultrabrite

Guest yankyjz
It's been stated that if you wanted to used app2sd for this rom you'd have to stick to 1.6.2 recovery from RA. People using the latest version of the recovery have run into problems, possibly the same problems you are running into?

Thanx, but im using RA162.

Edited by yankyjz

Guest houstonblaney1

I've read that v1.6.2 supports the older script (which is, from what I've read, in Paul's Desire ROM). v1.7.0 supports a newer script, such as what is present in CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3 and later releases. Paul already commented about a month ago (before he went on holiday) that he was going to look into getting the new script into his ROMs. A quick look at the MCR page and you'll find that he's already updated the apps2sd script there.

As for the bickering, that's got to stop. If I was Paul and saw the shot that's been flying around the last couple pages, I'd most certainly be motivated to take my sweet add time coming out with the next release. Everybody calm down. Who cares who's been programming longer? As someone said earlier, keep personal attacks to PMs and not posts to the thread. Let's get back on topic.

Guest gg_monogram

been using R21 well for a period, but recently, the lock screen function is getting messy, sometimes it needs to be pressed multiple times to turn on the screen, sometimes it just doesn't light up too. I am pretty sure it is not the problem of the hardware button, anybody experiences this also?

Guest xplod420
To remove the user from a group :

Go to the HTC Contacts app, select the contact to edit, edit it, select "groups" and untick the groups you want to remove it from.

its not from group per say. if you change a theme one of the active screens it will have a widget that will be located on the right hand site that will say favorites. you can add contacts there for fast dialing. Lets say i added a contact there that i no longer want to there. How do i delete it. Also how do i uninstall apps from this ROM.

Guest briangnyc
I've read that v1.6.2 supports the older script (which is, from what I've read, in Paul's Desire ROM). v1.7.0 supports a newer script, such as what is present in CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3 and later releases. Paul already commented about a month ago (before he went on holiday) that he was going to look into getting the new script into his ROMs. A quick look at the MCR page and you'll find that he's already updated the apps2sd script there.

I have the newer recovery on my phone (1.7.0) and App2sd has been working just fine with the Desire Rom. My partitons were originally created with the 1.6.2 recovery, but when I wipe the EXT partiton (change roms, etc.) I do it with 1.7.0 and so far no problems with the desire rom.

Guest yankyjz
I have the newer recovery on my phone (1.7.0) and App2sd has been working just fine with the Desire Rom. My partitons were originally created with the 1.6.2 recovery, but when I wipe the EXT partiton (change roms, etc.) I do it with 1.7.0 and so far no problems with the desire rom.

The question I had (before I was told to not let the door hit my ass on the way out) had nothing to do with a2sd not working. It is working fine. This is an old issue that goes back to the way dalvik-cache is stored. I hacked up a few scripts and now it works the way it used to work on the G1. The way it works now is not bad and is working fine. It just doesn't take full advantage of a2sd. By not storing d-c on the ext partition, precious internal space is taken up. This is not a reflection on Paul whatsoever. This is simply the way it is and I clearly understand that not only is this not a working ROM but it is not even a beta ROM. I was just wondering if the a2sd method from the current Cyan ROM will eventually (doesn't matter how long to me) will ever be implemented in the Desire ROM. For now, I've got things working the way I like it. But I suspect that most people don't even notice the issue because they don't have a HUGE amount of apps like I and some others do. ROM devs (by their own admission) tend to not have a lot of apps so don't usually notice the problems users have when the number of apps exceeds what is considered a normal amount (I currently use what could be considered an abnormal number of apps). For those who care, there is an old script that was modified for one of the original Cyan N1 ROMs that works pretty well without any modifications.