MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi again,

I don't think that the light sensor works cuz the brightness level seems to stay fix regardless of environmental light changes.

Secondly the camera in Footprint is... how do I put it... upside down. Try it.

GPS works great, btw

Guest shaniac

Has anyone else noticed that the browser always formats pages for landscape width, even in portrait mode? With other ROMs, if I load Google Reader, I get a column width the size of the display. With this ROM, I get a column that I have to scroll back and forth. I tried toggling the Landscape Only option hoping it might kick something loose, no help. I tried installing the browser from CMod 5.0.3.1, no help. Somewhere there must be an incorrect setting...

post-638716-1266768202_thumb.png

I've FC in Favorites widget like the attached picture.

Don't know how it happened , I remember it didn't FC yesterday.

Now I can't scroll to this screen , always FC and return to home screen.

Anyone know how to remove this widget ?

Guest 7500usr
You can do it yourself!!! I'm running the undervolted .32 which can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=634587

works great!

instructions:

download and unzip

boot phone into fastboot

fastboot flash zimage zImage

then reboot your phone

and:

adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

to enable wifi

Getting a read only error can you help with this.

Guest soongteck

one more issue:

video clips thumbnail are not shown..

desire ROM photo apps FC when have a large video clip..

music album pictures are not shown.. N1 stock ROM did shown

Edited by soongteck

Guest UsualSuspect

Ok guys....I'm having issues.

I tried to load this Alpha 7 ROM after unlocking and rooting my Nexus. I'm stuck with the white screen with the HTC logo. I've tried to return to the back up rom and my wifi doesn't work. Can someone help me out please. Or how to go back to like new factory state.

Thanks

Edited by UsualSuspect

Guest Generix
Is anybody else having no luck mounting USB?

The option doesn't come up when I plug my phone into my computer (mac) like it used to prior to this ROM.

download MountUSB from Market

Guest Qteknology

I've problem with space left... I installed Copilot and I had that message about low space.

After that I rebooted the phone and I get stucked in bootanimation without any possibility to do nothing.

We should try to make this rom smaller, cutting out some stuff and compress it well.

I would not have app2sd...

There's some that I love and something not between Google vs HTC as I had in past with my Magic.

Great Rom Paul :D there's hope for future official releases...

people on engadget are saying that this rom does not support hardware accelerated flash 10.1, which is why it doesnt play some sites and that it laggs abit. is that true or false?

some are even saying that its flash lite 4.0.

people on engadget are saying that this rom does not support hardware accelerated flash 10.1, which is why it doesnt play some sites and that it laggs abit. is that true or false?

some are even saying that its flash lite 4.0.

both correct, its flash lite and has no gpu acceleration.

Guest Generix
Ok guys....I'm having issues.

I tried to load this Alpha 7 ROM after unlocking and rooting my Nexus. I'm stuck with the white screen with the HTC logo. I've tried to return to the back up rom and my wifi doesn't work. Can someone help me out please. Or how to go back to like new factory state.

Thanks

try going into Recovery mode, wipe everything, then reflash Alpha 7?

Guest UsualSuspect
try going into Recovery mode, wipe everything, then reflash Alpha 7?

Thanks....trying that now. That did it, thanks!

Edited by UsualSuspect

Guest Simon Walker

Does anybody else have issues with the trackball not illumating?

My LEDS flash to indicate messages, etc. but not my TrackBall.

I've searched the thread and cant find anything.

Guest 7500usr

Yes having the same issue.

Guest DiscoScan

Forgive me if this is just a N00b question, but is the UnderVolt Kernel compatible both with Overclocking and WiFi on the Desire ROM?

I ask because I've either been able to OC the Desire ROM to 1.113Ghz, OR load the UnderVolt Kernel with WiFi. I have not been able to do both. I tried OC'ing and then ADB pushing the .ko file, but the .ko with the UnderVolt Zip only seems compatible with the UnderVolt ZImage.

This is just a curiosity, but if any of you have any thoughts. My goal was/is simply to OC the Desire and have the WiFi work at the same time. I'm really not that concerned with the UnderVolt at this time.

Guest Generix

yup, same here. I thought I saw someone's post that he had dual-notifications though. Hmmm....

Guest Spinstorm
yup, same here. I thought I saw someone's post that he had dual-notifications though. Hmmm....

My flashball lights up fine as well.... It is alpha - it isn't perfect and so randomish behaviour like this is to be expected.

I mean talking about flash - it worked better on Alpha 5 than it does on Alpha 7 for me but that is part of the process of testing this out...

It is fun to have such cool software enhancements to android.

Guest Generix
My flashball lights up fine as well.... It is alpha - it isn't perfect and so randomish behaviour like this is to be expected.

I mean talking about flash - it worked better on Alpha 5 than it does on Alpha 7 for me but that is part of the process of testing this out...

It is fun to have such cool software enhancements to android.

well actually my trackball does light up when notifications first come in, but doesn't for the reminders, which is fine, since the led does it now.

Yea it really is pretty cool, so glad I made the switch. :D

Guest PeRKoniX

Hi, I really (I mean REALLY) like this rom so far :D I know its alpha but it already works great for me. Except for the low space issue... I guess this could be fixed with app2sd later on :D...

I do miss one thing I use quite often in the official Nexus One rom and that is the Genie (News/Weather) widget (see attached screenhot). It is possible to install it as a seperatie .apk somehow? Or for you P to include it in the next release?

Please let me know so I can enjoy this rom even more ^^ Thanks! Great Work!

post-429186-1266776528_thumb.jpg

Edited by PeRKoniX