MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RatSon
So. I found a work-around for the bluetooth issues for anybody that cares.

If you put the phone in discoverable mode and then scan for devices and let it scan for a little while you can then uncheck discoverable mode and your device should show up. click to pair and then re-enable discoverable mode. (I have ftp service thingy enabled by the way, Idk if that makes any difference)

It might not be EXACTLY in that order or just like that but if you play with it enough it will eventually work.

--------------

Quickboot doesn't work. at all. Any ideas anybody?

--------------

I have AutoKiller installed (haven't messed with the settings) but even so every couple hours I'll need to reboot the phone because SoMeThInG is slowing the phone down so much it's barely useable. Any ideas there? I heard that automatic killer programs help the desire rom but I'm unsure.

Thanks

Vince

it should help, set it to extreme...

Guest muncheese
Is there a bid difference between this ROM and Cyanogen's one? I mean as far as performance of the phone goes. How fast apps work, battery life ect. I would really hate to buy a car charger, but i just might have to. After a full charge, from 8am to 5pm my phone is dead. And thats after using a few minutes of skype, a few phone calls. Granted i have my phone set up to so it will sync for email all the time, but only on 2G network. GPS is off.

Cyanogen's 5.0.6 is faster and eats up way less battery than the desire port.

You also get the benefit of almost any program/mod running on it.

Guest ultrabrite
The question I had (before I was told to not let the door hit my ass on the way out) had nothing to do with a2sd not working. It is working fine. This is an old issue that goes back to the way dalvik-cache is stored. I hacked up a few scripts and now it works the way it used to work on the G1. The way it works now is not bad and is working fine. It just doesn't take full advantage of a2sd. By not storing d-c on the ext partition, precious internal space is taken up. This is not a reflection on Paul whatsoever. This is simply the way it is and I clearly understand that not only is this not a working ROM but it is not even a beta ROM. I was just wondering if the a2sd method from the current Cyan ROM will eventually (doesn't matter how long to me) will ever be implemented in the Desire ROM. For now, I've got things working the way I like it. But I suspect that most people don't even notice the issue because they don't have a HUGE amount of apps like I and some others do. ROM devs (by their own admission) tend to not have a lot of apps so don't usually notice the problems users have when the number of apps exceeds what is considered a normal amount (I currently use what could be considered an abnormal number of apps). For those who care, there is an old script that was modified for one of the original Cyan N1 ROMs that works pretty well without any modifications.

you submit a problem which interests me because i'm also in the same boat with a lot of applications and memory starts to saturate even with a2sd...

so what are you talking about, this old script that was modified for one of the original Cyan N1 ROMs which works pretty well without any modifications?

thank's

Guest JonnyRockets

Has anyone else attempted to use Skyfire to play Flash videos?

I've tried it on abc.com, colbernation.com, nbc.com and it's always just a huge white screen.

Here's a picture of what I see:

35264387.png

I can hear the audio playing just fine, but the video is ALWAYS just a blank white screen.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

Has anyone successfully played videos through Skyfire? If so, what site?

Guest Robert Basil

Well, my time in this forum is now done... I've sold my Nexus One and will have my new Incredible in a few days. Looking forward to seeing what Paul comes up with for the new Incredible!

Guest polo79
Well, my time in this forum is now done... I've sold my Nexus One and will have my new Incredible in a few days. Looking forward to seeing what Paul comes up with for the new Incredible!

Probably not much if its as locked up as the HTC desire is. I'm waiting to see if the incredible and evo 4g will even get rooted before I do anything.

Guest JonnyRockets

I'm going to venture a guess and say not very far at all since he's said he won't be getting an Incredible :huh:

http://twitter.com/PaulOBrien/status/13071957964

No, I won't be working on the Droid Incredible, it's useless to me in the UK. Sadly. :-)

Good luck though....

... Traitor!

:P

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest Isaac D. Lim

Hey guys,

Can someone help me out here? I'm currently still on Alpha 12, and I would like to update my N1 to the latest Alpha r21 here on this thread. How do I go about doing this? Is it just a matter of wiping and flashing the ROM, or do I have to do some radio update as well?

Also, I can use Titanium Backup to backup and restore all my data right?

Thanks for any help.

Guest yankyjz
you submit a problem which interests me because i'm also in the same boat with a lot of applications and memory starts to saturate even with a2sd...

so what are you talking about, this old script that was modified for one of the original Cyan N1 ROMs which works pretty well without any modifications?

thank's

The easiest solution is to use the original a2sd hack for the N1 that was posted awhile ago on the XDA forums. I forget the exact URL but you can find it by searching. It's still not perfect but better than the current implementation. I am looking into removing the a2sd method in the ROM itself and replacing it with Lucid's script which works but doesn't survive reboots. I am short on time for this and don't use the Desire ROM that much lately anyway. I'm sure that the better method will be used once Paul releases a more official version.

Guest Ducter
The easiest solution is to use the original a2sd hack for the N1 that was posted awhile ago on the XDA forums. I forget the exact URL but you can find it by searching. It's still not perfect but better than the current implementation. I am looking into removing the a2sd method in the ROM itself and replacing it with Lucid's script which works but doesn't survive reboots. I am short on time for this and don't use the Desire ROM that much lately anyway. I'm sure that the better method will be used once Paul releases a more official version.

Sucks that the ROM we are kinda stuck on is one of the worse ones lol. Who'da thought a vacation and 21 alphas later the ball would stop bouncing lol.

Guest necrogt4

gotta say, very nicely done! The camera app is so much better than the stock nexus one item!

Cant wait for the production release of the desire rom...

Guest Paul

A new release will be available a) when I finish a few other bits i'm working on and :huh: when I have new stuff to release!

P

Guest ez14u2nv
A new release will be available a) when I finish a few other bits i'm working on and :huh: when I have new stuff to release!

P

my mouth is watering Paul!! We got the incredibles in at work two days ago and my buddy got his yesterday... he is so pissed at how my a19 allows me to drag the home screens in pinch mode! PLUS SenseUI runs better with SENSE LWP than on his stock incredible! MMS runs great here also!

Edited by ez14u2nv

Guest yankyjz
Sucks that the ROM we are kinda stuck on is one of the worse ones lol. Who'da thought a vacation and 21 alphas later the ball would stop bouncing lol.

Nah. As Paul said, as soon as the other stuff is done. Remember, the actual Desire phone getting root is more important than the Nexus getting Desire. If you had a Desire you would want root before others were getting fancy ROMs. All in due time. Besides, you got to play with a ROM that was never designed to be on your phone. Not too bad. A production level ROM will be here sooner rather than later. My only wish is that others add hacks to Paul's Desire ROM. There is some work going on but nothing like what's being done with Cyan and the N1. That is just amazing to see everyone working to make the N1 sick. It must be hard for Paul to root all those phones and creates all these ROMs by himself.

Guest fuzio1963
So. I found a work-around for the bluetooth issues for anybody that cares.

If you put the phone in discoverable mode and then scan for devices and let it scan for a little while you can then uncheck discoverable mode and your device should show up. click to pair and then re-enable discoverable mode. (I have ftp service thingy enabled by the way, Idk if that makes any difference)

It might not be EXACTLY in that order or just like that but if you play with it enough it will eventually work.

--------------

Quickboot doesn't work. at all. Any ideas anybody?

--------------

I have AutoKiller installed (haven't messed with the settings) but even so every couple hours I'll need to reboot the phone because SoMeThInG is slowing the phone down so much it's barely useable. Any ideas there? I heard that automatic killer programs help the desire rom but I'm unsure.

Thanks

Vince

No, you did not!! I bet you saw my post #4969... :P

Yet, for the Android - one does NOT really need any kind of Task Killer! Trust me. It just creates some other issues. :huh: Ask Paul, if you don`t believe me......

Edited by fuzio1963

Guest VinceC
No, you did not!! I bet you saw my post #4969... :P

Yet, for the Android - one does NOT really need any kind of Task Killer! Trust me. It just creates some other issues. :huh: Ask Paul, if you don`t believe me......

lol did you discover this already? I must have missed your post xD - I just didn't want to believe that I couldn't use my headset since that was the only thing keeping me from using the desire rom. Quickly replying to a previous response to my post regarding Reconnecting to a headset after disconnecting, all I can say is that I have never had that problem with my headset. I had to do that once with my car stereo yesterday but other than that I'd just suggest toggling the b/t power and discoverable.

---

what I meant about the task manger thing is that after like an hour or two (less with heavy use) the phone get's so slow it reminds me of using my windows 98 computer with no ram.... I read a post on this form that said if you end the right htc thingys that it will keep your phone zippy.

any news of this? I'm sure it's just an error that needs fixing with the rom but for now I heard it can be fixed with that autokiller thing

Guest RatSon
No, you did not!! I bet you saw my post #4969... :o

Yet, for the Android - one does NOT really need any kind of Task Killer! Trust me. It just creates some other issues. :blink: Ask Paul, if you don`t believe me......

he was asking about AutoKiller, which is not a regular task killer but a minfree manager. which improves overall performance. and otherwise i still believe that a task manager is needed to manually kill some processes, trust me :huh:

and please read faq at http://andrs.w3pla.net/autokiller/faq

believe me. i know what i am doing :P

Guest JonnyRockets

WOW

After months of using Live Wallpapers, I just tried using a standard wallpaper for the first time.

WOW

The scrolling in the programs menu was a HUNDRED times smoother.

Is that just my phone or does everyone see such a HUGE difference? (If so, Paul, any chance of an optimization?)

It doesn't make sense though because the wallpaper is not visible when the programs menu is up!!!

But the difference is literally night and day!

Edited by JonnyRockets

Guest muncheese
he was asking about AutoKiller, which is not a regular task killer but a minfree manager. which improves overall performance. and otherwise i still believe that a task manager is needed to manually kill some processes, trust me :huh:

and please read faq at http://andrs.w3pla.net/autokiller/faq

believe me. i know what i am doing :P

The solution to using apps that have bad code is to stop supporting apps with bad code, not to enable the use of apps with bad code by covering up their deficiencies with app managers.