MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sylar2010

I don't think we will have an update this week, HTC doesn't want to release the Desire kernel(they are reading Paul's topics) and Paul anyway is still busy to root Legend and Desire, we are doomed :huh:

Guest Droid800

I'm a noob at this, but couldn't you create a new ROM using the HTC Droid Incredible's kernel? The Inc. is, after all, a Nexus at heart. Would hardware changes like the new digitizer create problems?

Guest Paul

I have a new Desire drop so there's an update in the pipeline. No kernel source yet so no major fixes I imagine. :huh:

P

Guest illmatic416
I have a new Desire drop so there's an update in the pipeline. No kernel source yet so no major fixes I imagine. :huh:

P

Excellent Paul! Any chance of trackball wake being implemented?

Guest yourlifeupdated

please someone fix the download link of this rom..i continue to download it but it always say "wrong archive"..tried with chrome and firefox but same result..

Guest Paul

In the future, yes, in the immediate future, no... :huh:

P

Guest citronbitare
Question: What are your settings for the SetCPU? Because I always thought that an undervolted kernel would mean the CPU getting less power, in turn meaning the CPU wouldn't be getting the power it needs to run at max speeds.

No, the undervolted kernel will still allow your CPU to run at max speed.

My SetCPU settings are:

Governor: conservative (this is a very energy efficient setting, but it slightly reduces responsiveness in some situations; you can change to 'on demand' if max performance is very important for you)

Profiles:

- Charging: 998 Max, 245 Min

- Sleep/Standby: 245 Max, 245 Min

- Power < 100%: 998 Max, 245 Min

- Power < 15: 499 Max, 245 Min

- Failsafe: 499 Max, 245 Min

Guest citronbitare
If i flash the new kernel over, will it delete everything i have setup or will it not affect anything like that? Also how do i know which one to use.. (20100424 for example). I love this desire ROM and the battery life is one of the main problems that i have with it, anything to help that would be great.

No, you only need to wipe your battery stats before you flash the new kernel. Flashing the kernel will not erase your data, settings, etc. This kernel has been very stable AND battery efficient for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgij0mgnikg . The later kernels have been less satisfactory for me. But your experience might be different. Good luck! :-)

Guest Shauli Shamay
I have a new Desire drop so there's an update in the pipeline. No kernel source yet so no major fixes I imagine. :P

P

HI Paul,

any chance that the corporate exchange ( contact retrieval from exchange) will work on this version?

this and the BT are the most important for me...

thanks for your great work!

Guest Killer X
I have a new Desire drop so there's an update in the pipeline. No kernel source yet so no major fixes I imagine. :P

P

Thank you very much Paul.

Can you please explain exactly how to have A2SD working with the prebaked rom? what recovery version? do we need to partition the SD before flashing the rom? do we need wipe? before partition? after partition? before flashing? after flashing?

I partition my SD (with recovery 1.6.2), i flashed the prebaked r21 with A2SD, the internal memory increased from 33 Mb to 99 Mb, then when i installed Google Earth, it went down to 75 Mb again. I did no wipe, i had all my applications and widgets where they were before flashing.

Why is A2SD not working? have my applications been moved to my ext3 partition? how can i verify that?

Thk u in advance for your answers...

KillerX

Guest Brian L
No, you only need to wipe your battery stats before you flash the new kernel. Flashing the kernel will not erase your data, settings, etc. This kernel has been very stable AND battery efficient for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgij0mgnikg . The later kernels have been less satisfactory for me. But your experience might be different. Good luck! :-)

So im guessing you dont need SetCPU with the undervolted kernel?

Guest citronbitare

So im guessing you dont need SetCPU with the undervolted kernel?

That's right, you don't need it. But it might help you to optimize battery life.

Guest Brian L

That's right, you don't need it. But it might help you to optimize battery life.

Now the Wi-fi doesnt work lol, i think it said to push the wifi driver before rebooting? Where is the wifi driver? lol sorry

Guest yankyjz

Try an app called " Lock Delay". With one click of the trackball my phone turns on with no lockscreen! Its in the market for only about $1 or check on " appdeck" for free. Enjoy!

Guest citronbitare
Now the Wi-fi doesnt work lol, i think it said to push the wifi driver before rebooting? Where is the wifi driver? lol sorry

:P When you open the zip-file you will see one folder containing two files. One of those files is called 'bcm4329.ko'. That's the wifi driver. Just push that file (see intersectravens thread on xda for instructions) and reboot and you should have wifi working.

I don't think we will have an update this week, HTC doesn't want to release the Desire kernel(they are reading Paul's topics) and Paul anyway is still busy to root Legend and Desire, we are doomed :P

HTC has no choice but to release the kernel source code, or they would be violating the GNU GPL (under which the Linux source code is licensed) and hell would be raised...

sns

Guest kwandds

So I've been using R21 for a couple of weeks now. I've finally gotten BT working reliably with the methods posted. GV seems to be woprking withe the latest version as well. I'm using UV 850 kernel without problems with improved battery. Also using Autokiller with very noticeable improvement in lag.

As far as BT, I turn the BT device on and ready to pair. Then I turn the BT on the phone. Click on Discover, click on scan. Once it finds it, click on pair, then unclick discover.

Once I have it on the list of paired devices, all I have to do to reconnect is click on discover, then click on the device in the list. Then uncheck discover. Sometimes I can reconnect just by pressing on the listed device.

Guest Killer X
Thank you very much Paul.

Can you please explain exactly how to have A2SD working with the prebaked rom? what recovery version? do we need to partition the SD before flashing the rom? do we need wipe? before partition? after partition? before flashing? after flashing?

I partition my SD (with recovery 1.6.2), i flashed the prebaked r21 with A2SD, the internal memory increased from 33 Mb to 99 Mb, then when i installed Google Earth, it went down to 75 Mb again. I did no wipe, i had all my applications and widgets where they were before flashing.

Why is A2SD not working? have my applications been moved to my ext3 partition? how can i verify that?

Thk u in advance for your answers...

KillerX

Anyone can help me please?

Guest yankyjz
Anyone can help me please?

Your a2sd IS working! Google Earth uses a lot of internal memory. Unfortunately, the method for a2sd used by this ROM is not the best one out there. It does not move dalvik-cache to ext partition, but your apps are moved to SD. Hope that helps.

Edited by yankyjz

Guest Brian L
:P When you open the zip-file you will see one folder containing two files. One of those files is called 'bcm4329.ko'. That's the wifi driver. Just push that file (see intersectravens thread on xda for instructions) and reboot and you should have wifi working.

I did that and it did not work for me...the push was successful but the wifi still did not work.

Can't wait to see the next release. For now I had to go back to r19, less sluggish, things just worked better. I hope the next leak will be an improvement :P And even more hoping HTC will release the source soon...

Guest citronbitare
I did that and it did not work for me...the push was successful but the wifi still did not work.

That's strange! Are you shure that you really are using the new kernel?

Guest dr3minem
That's strange! Are you shure that you really are using the new kernel?

The question is which kernel did he use. Ivan Dimkovics latest kernels wifi doesnt work afaik.

Edit: oops just read which kernel he was using. Just try reflashing it again. Did you push the bcm4329.ko before or after flashing?

Edited by dr3minem