MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sylar2010

If you are using IntersekRaven kernel you have to go to his blog because he posted a different WIFI driver in case it does't work with his kernel, I can say that this kernel gives about 2.5 days while others give max 2 days

Guest Brian L
The question is which kernel did he use. Ivan Dimkovics latest kernels wifi doesnt work afaik.

Edit: oops just read which kernel he was using. Just try reflashing it again. Did you push the bcm4329.ko before or after flashing?

I pushed before i flashed zImage. Im gonna try it again and see what happens..

EDIT: I pushed before and i tried pushing afterwards, and the wifi does not work still? Any idea's? And what did he mean by 2.5 days instead of 2 days?

Edited by Brian L

Guest techlogik
HI Paul,

any chance that the corporate exchange ( contact retrieval from exchange) will work on this version?

this and the BT are the most important for me...

thanks for your great work!

I would like to know this as well. Is Exchange Activesync fully working on this? Contacts, Calendar and of course, Email?

Kind of critical to some of us, primary use of the device is for this.

Thanks

Guest richhee
In the future, yes, in the immediate future, no... :P

P

aw its killing me no trackball wake still gonna be stuck using lockbot which is very buggy might have to switch back to cyanogen mod until trackball wake is added

Guest NickBr

I baked a ROM last night and ended up leaving the radio update out of the update because honestly flashing the radio scares me after some stories I've heard, new to this and I'm not 100% clear on the radio aspect. Now I'm wondering if I should have just included it...

What exactly does this radio update in this ROM do? Is it really necessary to update the radio or no? If I wanna update the radio do I need to re-bake a ROM and wipe and start all over or can I just re-bake the same ROM with the radio added and apply it like I would any ROM?

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer and I REALLY don't wanna brick my phone so I figured I would ask. Any help would be really appreciated :-)

Guest polo79
aw its killing me no trackball wake still gonna be stuck using lockbot which is very buggy might have to switch back to cyanogen mod until trackball wake is added

Once I used cyan with trackball wake I can't use this Rom till it has it too.

Guest gg_monogram

recently my photo taken by my camera, when i uploaded to picasa, all the lower part of picture was grey-out, any people experienced this also?

Guest xplod420

once this ROM will have a working BT and better power management, i am switching to it. for now i am sticking with Cayogen.

Guest ez14u2nv
roms made in the kitchen dont work on my nexus, or my friends. the prebaked are fine. just the baked roms.

thats odd... ive done every kind of baked rom i could i think of including a couple "senseless" roms and they all worked great as far as flashing and booting and such...

Guest Mi|enko
thats odd... ive done every kind of baked rom i could i think of including a couple "senseless" roms and they all worked great as far as flashing and booting and such...

I think it's certain combinations. The only challenges I've ever had flashing roms were the custom baked ones. . . if I left it all at default, it'd cook fine. Once I started editing stuff, I'd run into problems. Gave up before I figured out what was causing my issues. Just edit everything after it's loaded. . . have gscripts for automatically loading/removing apps and such.

Guest yankyjz
I baked a ROM last night and ended up leaving the radio update out of the update because honestly flashing the radio scares me after some stories I've heard, new to this and I'm not 100% clear on the radio aspect. Now I'm wondering if I should have just included it...

What exactly does this radio update in this ROM do? Is it really necessary to update the radio or no? If I wanna update the radio do I need to re-bake a ROM and wipe and start all over or can I just re-bake the same ROM with the radio added and apply it like I would any ROM?

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer and I REALLY don't wanna brick my phone so I figured I would ask. Any help would be really appreciated :-)

The odds of you bricking your Nexus One are about zero. The radio bricks that you hear so much about go back to the days of the G1 and had to do with flashing a new SPL in addition to the then updated radio. The mantra then was radio then SPL. It had to do with what board was on your device (PVT or BVT). The Nexus does not have these issues. If you want/need a specific radio, you should have no issues flashing it. But as always, proceed at your own risk.

Guest ez14u2nv
Actually reports from XDA said two dudes bricked their N1 because of bad Radio update...

hmm... two out of thousands is good odds... but still i would not worry about bricking... its hard to do at this point... JUST HAVE A FULL BATTERY WHEN FLASHING ANYTHING to be safe.

Guest krumbsd

Wondering if r22 will also be billed as an "alpha". isn't it time we moved to a "beta" or even a "RC" status. i suppose it would make a difference, at least psychologically. :P

couple of days back, i moved from r19 to Kang-o-rama's 0.6 (Final), based on CM 5.0.6 - check it out on xda. despite the strange name (sounds like something out of the series Lost), what got me was the use of the word "Final". lol! that sounded so confident, so emphatic... and such a step up from "alpha".

anyway, i am impressed with that ROM. it is fast, has the helix launcher, trackball notification, bluetooth works... and best of all, great battery life (especially when compared to r19).

of course, when r22 comes out, i will be switching back... especially if paul calls it r22 (final)!!

Edited by krumbsd

Guest Sabiwa

Yeah paul released the r1 for the HTC Desire which he said on twitter would be r22 for the Nexus one port.

I still hope this one has the BT working because thats the only thing which does send me back to CM or other roms to be honest.

And if its not in there yet well i will just wait convinced that it will be there once.

Keep it up Paul

Guest k2bk2bk2b
Wondering if r22 will also be billed as an "alpha". isn't it time we moved to a "beta" or even a "RC" status. i suppose it would make a difference, at least psychologically. :P

anyway, i am impressed with that ROM. it is fast, has the helix launcher, trackball notification, bluetooth works... and best of all, great battery life (especially when compared to r19).

of course, when r22 comes out, i will be switching back... especially if paul calls it r22 (final)!!

exactly what most of us are waiting for as well.. everyone seems to be quietly waiting for the next release without trying to sound too pushy

Guest flintpez

Let me say first that overall, I love the Desire ROM. Everything works fine except my network signals keep switching/dropping like mad (calls & data). Switched back to Cyanogen 5.0.6 and everything's solid. Anyone who knows what they're talking about have a suggestion? I'd love to keep the Sense UI eye candy :P I've known about flashing the radio, but have never done it. Is it possible to do from Restore instead of pushing from PC? If you have a suggestion, please be very specific. By the way, on T-Mo if that matters. Thanks!

Edited by flintpez

Guest martyotaku
I released my Desire r1 ROM, and have started on the port to N1.

I am doing it in such a way that I can keep the two in sync and deliver updates to both faster! :P

P

awesome news paul .....any fixes or eta u can give us

thanx for ur great work