MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Until alpha 8 comes along, here's something you can do to gain a ton of space by moving dalvik-cache to /cache:

adb shell mkdir /cache/dalvik-cache
adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
adb shell ln -s /cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache
adb shell reboot[/code]

Lots more optimisations coming too!

P

Guest t2abousa

cant wait for Modaco A8 (honestly sounds like an expensive sports car!)

I REALLY hope bluetooth is ironed out, i didnt know how much A2DP meant to me until I couldnt pair anything! :D

Guest toktok_theking
Until alpha 8 comes along, here's something you can do to gain a ton of space by moving dalvik-cache to /cache:

adb shell reboot

P

NOW I'M STUCK AT HTC SCREEN AFTER I APPLIED THIS STUFF VIA ADB

EDIT: NEVER MIND

Guest toktok_theking
NOW I'M STUCK AT HTC SCREEN AFTER I APPLIED THIS STUFF VIA ADB

EDIT: NEVER MIND

I CANT USE POWER BUTTON TO SLEEP THE SCREEEEN PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP I'M A NOOB AND MY ACTUAL NAME IS abaNOOB (seriously not kiddin) well in my native language it means the king of the gold (so dont make fun of me)

but i can use it to turn it back on after it sleeps automatically and i can use it to power the phone off

Edited by toktok_theking

Guest DiscoScan

Are any of you OC'ing the Desire ROM with WiFi working? I can get the OC working from the zimagekmobs.dat, but I think I need to push a different .ko file to enable the WiFi.

adb shell reboot

P

thanks for this tip! my available space increased from 56MB to 108MB! i have intentionally limited the number of apps installed on my phone because this is an alpha version and not every app/tweak, etc. is going to work as it does with a production/stock ROM. a lot of what i've used on the stock/cyan roms is not necessary with the Sense ROM (e.g., includes HTC clock,/weather, native exchange features, contact favorites, message count and email widgets).

i also read where someone couldn't get the alarm to work; mine worked fine this morning. also, for access to your microSD card, there's a paid app (widget) called SD Share that allows simultaneous access to your card on your PC (via Explorer) and on the phone.

Edited by cortez

Guest toktok_theking
Are any of you OC'ing the Desire ROM with WiFi working? I can get the OC working from the zimagekmobs.dat, but I think I need to push a different .ko file to enable the WiFi.

you have to in order to get it to work

adb devices(to check if adb reads your device first) if not you have to download the driver from xda google it (adb android driver)

adb push *****.ko /system/lib/modules/

and done

Guest DiscoScan
you have to in order to get it to work

adb devices(to check if adb reads your device first) if not you have to download the driver from xda google it (adb android driver)

adb push *****.ko /system/lib/modules/

and done

Thanks. I should have clarified that I've done the ADB push of bcm4329.ko file from the UnderVoltedKern.zip to system/lib/modules successfully.

That .ko works GREAT to enable WiFi on the undervolt kernel but doesn't seem compatible with the zimagekmobs.dat on the Desire ROM.

I attribute the conflict to the fact that both the UnderVoltedkern and zimagekmobs.dat flash to zimage, and the .ko file is only compatible with the undervoltedkern.

So my question is... Do any of you have a specific .ko file that you are using that is better for enabling the WiFi when zimagekmobs.dat has been flashed to zimage?

Guest toktok_theking
Thanks. I should have clarified that I've done the ADB push of bcm4329.ko file from the UnderVoltedKern.zip to system/lib/modules successfully.

That .ko works GREAT to enable WiFi on the undervolt kernel but doesn't seem compatible with the zimagekmobs.dat on the Desire ROM.

I attribute the conflict to the fact that both the UnderVoltedkern and zimagekmobs.dat flash to zimage, and the .ko file is only compatible with the undervoltedkern.

So my question is... Do any of you have a specific .ko file that you are using that is better for enabling the WiFi when zimagekmobs.dat has been flashed to zimage?

attched man good luck

edit: cant upload but i will upload on megaupload soon

Edited by toktok_theking

Guest Vegito168

Hey guys, I got a quick question. Kind of off topic........I was wondering if anyone can help me get the Car Home application back on my N1 with this ROM. I really like it! :D Sorry for the NOOBNESS! Also, when everyone refers to applying or pushing via adb (what does this stand for?), how do I do it or get to it? Or if you could just point me in the right direction. I was just curious cuz I am kind of lost. :D Told ya. Total NOOB! My apologies......That's the only thing I am sort of lost on. Thanks.

Edited by Vegito168

Guest toktok_theking
Hey guys, I got a quick question. Kind of off topic........I was wondering if anyone can help me get the Car Home application back on my N1 with this ROM. I really like it! :D Sorry for the NOOBNESS! Also, when everyone refers to applying or pushing via adb (what does this stand for?), how do I do it or get to it? I was just curious cuz I am kind of lost. :D Told ya. Total NOOB! My apologies......That's the only thing I am sort of lost on. Thanks.

i tried but it didnt work at all it told me cant install

There seems to be a problem with MARKET when switching back to N1 Nandroid backup ROM (ERE27 or ERE36B) from this Desire A7:

If you wipe your phone, and apply the Nandriod backup, the backup ROM will load, but MARKET will not function correctly: wont be able to download any new app, and when uninstall apps (and clear Market Cache) the old app will still appear in the download section.

No idea why but the solution seems to be the following if u want to switch for the A7 to N1 ROM:

1) wipe device (currently on Desire Alpha ROM)

2) apply stock ROM,ERE27 or ERE36B. (the stock ROM update.zip, not the Nandroid backup)

3) start up phone and go through the setup process

4) wait untill Nexus One restored all your apps and setting (there will be a notification of "applications restored" when finished, and it will tell u exactly how many apps it has restored)

5) wipe device again

6) apply Nandriod backup

Basically you will need to wipe device twice and set it up from scratch in order to apply Nandroid backup, but follow these steps seems fixed the problem. I have tried with nandroid backup of both rooted and unrooted N1 ROM, it seems to be the case for both. I dont know what is causing it though.

Edited by cezent

Hey guys, I got a quick question. Kind of off topic........I was wondering if anyone can help me get the Car Home application back on my N1 with this ROM. I really like it! :D Sorry for the NOOBNESS! Also, when everyone refers to applying or pushing via adb (what does this stand for?), how do I do it or get to it? Or if you could just point me in the right direction. I was just curious cuz I am kind of lost. :D Told ya. Total NOOB! My apologies......That's the only thing I am sort of lost on. Thanks.

Just checked and its on mine working great, even voice search was working fine (A7).. See post #568 and try the google addon I bet you need something else other than just the .apk to get it to work.