MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bobtentpeg
How is 3G with the Desire ROM? Can it be determined if the stock Nexus one 3G performance (or lack there of) is due to the stock N1 o/s or hardware?

The ROM doesn't really do anything for the effectiveness of the Radio, the radio image you have flashed does. As of yet, the Desire Ratio has not been flashed to any ones device except maybe Paul and others with the full dump. SO, with this rom you should see no difference in 3G performance

There seems to be a problem with MARKET when switching back to N1 Nandroid backup ROM (ERE27 or ERE36B) from this Desire A7:

If you wipe your phone, and apply the Nandriod backup, the backup ROM will load, but MARKET will not function correctly: wont be able to download any new app, and when uninstall apps (and clear Market Cache) the old app will still appear in the download section.

No idea why but the solution seems to be the following if u want to switch for the A7 to N1 ROM:

1) wipe device (currently on Desire Alpha ROM)

2) apply stock ROM,ERE27 or ERE36B. (the stock ROM update.zip, not the Nandroid backup)

3) start up phone and go through the setup process

4) wait untill Nexus One restored all your apps and setting (there will be a notification of "applications restored" when finished, and it will tell u exactly how many apps it has restored)

5) wipe device again

6) apply Nandriod backup

Basically you will need to wipe device twice and set it up from scratch in order to apply Nandroid backup, but follow these steps seems fixed the problem. I have tried with nandroid backup of both rooted and unrooted N1 ROM, it seems to be the case for both. I dont know what is causing it though.

uhh that doesnt sound right, i only had to wipe once then restore my nandroid back up and all my apps + market is working perfectly

The ROM doesn't really do anything for the effectiveness of the Radio, the radio image you have flashed does. As of yet, the Desire Ratio has not been flashed to any ones device except maybe Paul and others with the full dump. SO, with this rom you should see no difference in 3G performance

Thanks for the quick response! :D

I'd be very interested to see and hear how the Desire Radio acts on the N1. It would be a pretty good show of if we are truly experiencing hardware or true software issues. Can't wait to find out.

uhh that doesnt sound right, i only had to wipe once then restore my nandroid back up and all my apps + market is working perfectly

on my N1 the backup rom will load and work, and all apps will function as normal, but any new download from Market will stuck at "starting download" or "verifying purchase" part with no progress. I didnt notice it for half the day and only discovered it when i was trying to update one of my apps.

I have tried that on nandroid backups from ERE27 stock & rooted, ERE36B stock & rooted, on both ERE27 and ERE36B radio...the problem seems consistent at least on my N1,that Market dont function correctly after direct nandroid restore from alpha 7 with 1 wipe.. It could be something weird with my nandroid backup but it seems the proecss I posted above solve the problem...just in case someone else come across the same issue.

Edited by cezent

Guest Vegito168
Just checked and its on mine working great, even voice search was working fine (A7).. See post #568 and try the google addon I bet you need something else other than just the .apk to get it to work.

I'll give 'er a whirl and see what happens. Thanks man!

Guest DiscoScan
here is the link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CGQZGZZU good luck

just push it and you dont even have to reboot just go to setting and press on wifi it worked for me

Thanks for the assist. ADB Pushed successfully, but still not enabling WiFi. I think the .ko file to enable WiFi is very specific to the Kernel you are running.

I'm currently OC'ed on the Desire ROM with Kernel: 2.6.29.6-cyanogenmod kmobs@ubuntu #1.

Which OC kernel are you running that is compatible with this .ko file?

Guest 7wonders

Once again, big thx Paul, great work.

Anyone know how to get the contacts to get facebook pics but without adding all the bloody facebook contacts? I had it on CM rom but cannot find the option here :D

I dunno if this is anyway related to this rom (prolly just me not finding it) but how do i get my contacts to look First Name Last Name, as it was before? I dont see this anywhere in any option??? Also, in the footsteps app, just noticed that the camera preview is coming up rotated 90deg... the photo comes up normal... weird but betas are betas :D loving everything!

Guest HalfSight
Until alpha 8 comes along, here's something you can do to gain a ton of space by moving dalvik-cache to /cache:

adb shell mkdir /cache/dalvik-cache

adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

adb shell ln -s /cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

adb shell reboot

Lots more optimisations coming too!

P

Bumped me from 25 megs to 95 megs

Guest HalfSight

And I am not sure if it is the market or the way the market detects the OS, but I have never been able to find twidroid from senseUI, and I bought pro, better than peep it is.

Drocap2 is also not on the market, so I pulled it from backup, installed it and gave it root, but wouldn't work, so this may be just a as designed issue for market and certain apps.

analyst view

Guest socalphil

Hi Paul

Just joined modaco plus as appreciation to your great work. Not to nag, but when can we expect A8. :D

post-662345-1266791309_thumb.jpg

Edited by socalphil

@Paul - are the available Language options (as presented in Setup) fixed in the ROM (e.g., cannot add/remove Language)? i ask because i'm seeing UK distance measures (Km vs Miles) and some of my News options are limited to UK service providers. certainly not a big deal for me... :D thanks!

Guest socalphil

CNN wont play flash video. Keeps saying wrong operating system browser. I set flags to desktop.I understand this has nothing to do with ROM. Just asking if anyone has solved this.

Guest Spinstorm

My "flash" doesn't work on the camera even if I set it to "on" but I can get the light to turn on with nexus torch... but it turns off when I access the camera in any app.

I'm guessing this is a bug - has anyone else had it? I appologise if I missed others talking about it earlier!

Guest Vegito168
Until alpha 8 comes along, here's something you can do to gain a ton of space by moving dalvik-cache to /cache:

adb shell mkdir /cache/dalvik-cache

adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache

adb shell ln -s /cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

adb shell reboot

Lots more optimisations coming too!

P

Sorry.....but I still have the same stupid NOOB question. How do I do these adb pushes? Are they done in the windows CMD prompt with the phone in fast boot or something. I tried to search and find it, but I guess I suck at searching. Don't mean to spam the topic.

Guest bobtentpeg
Sorry.....but I still have the same stupid NOOB question. How do I do these adb pushes? Are they done in the windows CMD prompt with the phone in fast boot or something. I tried to search and find it, but I guess I suck at searching. Don't mean to spam the topic.

Any command with ADB is done wither with the phone fully booted or Recovery though either Terminal or the command line (on windows)

Guest Mantisen
Please Help!

After instalation of Alpha 7 i see massege: NO SIM

how i can fix it ?

You can try:

1. Rebooting

2. Shut down, remove battery, remove SIM, put SIM in again, put battery back, boot up

3. Wipe and re-flash

Hope one of them work :D

Guest invisiblewl
You can try:

1. Rebooting

2. Shut down, remove battery, remove SIM, put SIM in again, put battery back, boot up

3. Wipe and re-flash

Hope one of them work :D

I have make all this now, but its same message

" No SIM card in phone "

some IDEA ?

Guest invisiblewl
I have make all this now, but its same message

" No SIM card in phone "

some IDEA ?

Now is ok, in Nexus One posoble to put SIM in wrong position.... :D

Guest nexvision
The Desire shares the same radio as the N1.

BT is fixed in alpha 8.

:D

P

Tease......

All I need is working BT.

Edited by nexvision