MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bakano
OK, about the kernel, I'm new to the whole kernel thing, but does anyone else thing it's really weird that the desire kernel file is called bravo....tar.gz? There's another link on the site for the Hero I think that the file is called desire....tar.gz.

Is it me or is everyone passing around the wrong file?

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that in the same way that the nexus one is supposedly codenamed "passion," the desire is codenamed "bravo." That's just the way HTC rolls...

=)

Guest East_Coast
Why don't you guys reread instead of posting nonsense.

Paul clearly says it works with ext3. He does not mention using ext4 at this time

stop complaining and read first

Why dont YOU reread, instead of posting NONSENSE..

Known issues remain until we get the kernel at least!

EXT4 should be fine too, as that's supported in the Nexus One kernel...

P

Figured it out... Removed the name from the Proxy Settings in the APN for MediaNet (att)

This may be the same thing that other were complaining about with loss of video?

I just did a full wipe and there were proxy settings for my carrier as well (Proximus - Belgium).

They shouldn't be there because then the interwebs don't work :)

Just removed the proxy & port and works like a charm now

Guest wrxtc714

More than one person are having the same issue. Obviously there is a problem

and the ext3 works fine.

Your quote said it should be the same but unfortunately it isn't.

I'm basing what I said off facts.

Because I have tried both.

Don't try to outsmart me silly kid.

Android since day 1 with my g1 noob lol

Guest AndroidAppCritic

Thank you. People just like to flame without knowing the background of an issue. Obviously, those of us with ext4s would rather be able to easily switch between Cyan and Desire without having to reformat our SD cards from ext4 to ext3 and back each time. If ext4 is not currently supported by the current flavor of Desire, that's fine. But according to Paul it should be supported yet there seems that an issue.

@wrxtc714 Chill out. If you don't have anything helpful to say, don't say anything at all. And don't assume people don't read. I wouldn't have posted without reading and searching.

Guest East_Coast

and the ext3 works fine.

Again your ASSumptions are wrong. I too have had a G1 since it dropped. Big deal.

Nice try though.

Keep it to PM if you wanna run off at the mouth.

Guest yankyjz

and the ext3 works fine.

Actually that post was from Paul! Who by the way created this rom! So instead of being rude, try to read the forum! and just so you know I too have been with android since day (G) one! So lets not turn this forum into xda. Please.

P=Paul (Modaco)

Edited by yankyjz

Guest CompSCI

Quick question...

I flashed the new r22 - after initial boot - the Software number reflects:

MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r22,

REBOOT REQUIRED

After rebooting again - the software number reflects:

MoDaCo Custom ROM Desire Port r21,

SSH password: xxxxxx

Am I missing something...?

Edited by CompSCI

Guest JAEJAE723
My buttons don't back light either(nor does my "auto brightness work) on R21, maybey i will wipe and try a fresh install. Ill probably stick with r21 since it runs very nicely for me.

mines never worked from the get go. i gave up on it after a few days. :)

Guest NickBr

Dunno if anyone else is having this issue but most of the time when i hit the power button to lock my phone the screen keeps coming back on....never happened with r21....just thought I would bring it up...

Guest AndroidAppCritic

Since it appears that ext4 is probably incompatible with the current a2sd implementation, if you are really dedicated and want to switch from Cyan to Desire and back, and you want ext4 on Cyan and ext3 on Desire, you can change it up using Ubuntu without having to wipe all your data. It's a bit of a pain but I posted something like this awhile ago on XDA and figured I'd share it for anyone who is a glutton for punishment. Personally, I wouldn't bother but hey, you can never have too much information.

Warning: Data loss is possible. However, I've been doing this pretty much since the beginning of a2sd and have yet to lose data. But you are forewarned.

Heres the link: [HOWTO] Repartitioning Your SD Card with GParted Using Ubuntu

Guest gg_monogram
Dunno if anyone else is having this issue but most of the time when i hit the power button to lock my phone the screen keeps coming back on....never happened with r21....just thought I would bring it up...

Exactly what I am experiencing now with even R21, this annoys me A LOT when i lock the screen and put it back to my pocket without realizing the screen was back on again, and the screen doesnt turn off until I actually feel HEAT from my pants..... smh

Guest teddyballgame

that has happened to me off and on with a few of the builds. sometimes it happens frequently, sometimes it doesnt happen for days. hasnt happened nearly as much on r22.

Guest yankyjz
Quick question...

After rebooting again - the software number reflects Port r21...

I have the same thing. It does not seem to affect anything. So I guess its no big deal.

Guest NickBr
that has happened to me off and on with a few of the builds. sometimes it happens frequently, sometimes it doesnt happen for days. hasnt happened nearly as much on r22.

Just new to me, it never happened to me on r21....just annoying, nothing I can't live with for now. Everything else seems to working smoothly though.

Guest CompSCI
Quick question...

After rebooting again - the software number reflects:

I have the same thing. It does not seem to affect anything. So I guess its no big deal.

I was just interested to know if this is an actual r22 build - or, if it is not...

Edited by CompSCI

Guest anubisthoth

I'm trying to download r21 but everytime i finished, itgives crc error for all files nearly...i found r21 from another source but this time only HtcAddProgramWidget.apk file has crc error...can anyone help me?

Guest East_Coast

Is there no voice to text on the desire rom(ie on google talk/or messages)?

edit- Nevermind.. :)

Edited by East_Coast

Guest muncheese

So I think that back lighting is a problem with HTC code somewhere, I was watching a video of the incredible, and the lights on the bottom weren't lit!

Guest nugzo

and the ext3 works fine.

Ext 3 does NOT work fine. I've tried Ext2, 3 and 4 with 2 different sd cards and 2 different N1's and cant get A2SD working with r22 Desire rom. Can with other roms, just not this one. You are pretty rude for not knowing what you are talking about. Oh and that was Pauls quote not his. You have failed miserably at being a helpful forum member. You have been on Android since day 1? WOW Can i have your autograph?

Edited by nugzo

Guest nugzo
every rom i download wont install and have the wrong md5hash so i gave up really hoping to use this rom

Paul will publish r22 public soon i'm sure. the r21 seems borked. If you help a little to offset the cost of this website by becoming an "Ad Free" member, you will have access to the Kitchen to build your own rom. It's not much money and worth it to have Kitchen access.

Guest Batkoto
Paul will publish r22 public soon i'm sure. the r21 seems borked. If you help a little to offset the cost of this website by becoming an "Ad Free" member, you will have access to the Kitchen to build your own rom. It's not much money and worth it to have Kitchen access.

+1

Guest Hasibul
So I think that back lighting is a problem with HTC code somewhere, I was watching a video of the incredible, and the lights on the bottom weren't lit!

I hope so. My complaint about the new r22 is simply that the soft keys don't light up. Other than that its pretty much great. But I guess since the kernel has FINALLY been released, we won't have to wait much longer. Thanks again Paul.