MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Batkoto
I hope so. My complaint about the new r22 is simply that the soft keys don't light up. Other than that its pretty much great. But I guess since the kernel has FINALLY been released, we won't have to wait much longer. Thanks again Paul.

In r22 backlight of the keys is controlled by the light sensor.

Go into dark room and you will see they will light up.

If no backlight in dark, then try installing r22 again.

Guest Hasibul

Is there a way to keep them on at all times?

Guest fuzio1963
This could happen if ext.partition is not wiped. Am assuming you did?

Aha!!! :) Working now! Thank you.

Just a thought. Paul visits HTC and the kernel source is released. May he "recommended" that it would be a good idea to release it. :D

Yeah!!1 ;) He said; either you are releasing it now, or i am NOT leaving this building....... :(

My Nexus One simply won't boot, with r21 or r22. Stays at the initial bootloader screen. Cleared all the cache/date. Reflashed, and cleared several times, no good. Other ROMs work fine. This is an AT&T compatible one. Any advice?

It has happened to me too. If you were using different rom with ext4, you need to wipe it too.

Guest seamonkey420
Is there a way to keep them on at all times?

i've been running r21 for a few weeks have never had problems w/the soft keys and backlighting.

however, i have flashed a custom kernel and also flashed w/the new radio and a custom cooked rom via the kitchen. i didn't include the messaging or nexus one dock app (even though i have a dock) or quickoffice or amazon.

my soft keys seem light up all the time, i also have my screen brightness set to manual. i use the power control widget to switch between dim, med, and bright; easier.

also, i have the same issue w/the power button and lock screen coming back on. does everyone w/the problem have a password set? i do.

Guest Kenny N

If you would like another workaround, please try the following codes with GScript. These codes

will turn on capacitive buttons while the LCD is on, and turn off while the LCD is off ( suspended )

You only need to run it once after boot. This is not the best approach, but it's the only one that

I could think off for now.

LED_ON.sh

#!/system/bin/sh
while [ true ]; do
if [ `cat /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/subsystem/lcd-backlight/brightness` -ne 0 ]; then
echo 255 > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/brightness;
fi;
sleep 2;
done

echo $$ >/data/led.pid
&
[/codebox]

LED_OFF.sh

[codebox]
#!/system/bin/sh
kill -9 `cat /data/led.pid`

Regards,

Kenny N

Edited by Kenny N

Guest Hasibul

Scratch that. I tried that and that didn't work either. And it was like really dark. The only light on was from the phone lol

Guest ProStreetCivic

can someone please upload the R21 with A2SD no links work they download then when i try to flash it says "(bad)" so if anyone has a good one please pm with the link to download as this r21 has everything i need and have not had one problem with using it other than the main problems know maybe someone can cook one for me with the nexus one boot animation and a2sd and all the other goodies

thanks in advance

Guest East_Coast

Soft key lighting is key.. I really can't wait for that to be sorted. Other then that, everything seems to be running great.

Guest caveman_78
If you would like another workaround, please try the following codes with GScript. These codes

will turn on capacitive buttons while the LCD is on, and turn off while the LCD is off ( suspended )

You only need to run it once after boot. This is not the best approach, but it's the only one that

I could think off for now.

LED_ON.sh

#!/system/bin/sh
while [ true ]; do
if [ `cat /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/subsystem/lcd-backlight/brightness` -ne 0 ]; then
echo 255 > /sys/devices/i2c-0/0-0066/leds/button-backlight/brightness;
fi;
sleep 2;
done

echo $$ >/data/led.pid
&
[/codebox]

LED_OFF.sh

[codebox]
#!/system/bin/sh
kill -9 `cat /data/led.pid`

Regards,

Kenny N

So many thanks, worked great for me, this is the hack i've looking for for months, I hope paul can solve this issue with the kernel source code listed yesterday without the help of gscript

Guest J.S Butran
So many thanks, worked great for me, this is the hack i've looking for for months, I hope paul can solve this issue with the kernel source code listed yesterday without the help of gscript

I became a member for AdFree version just to have reach to the Kitchen for "A2SD" feature. But what a pitty.. tried end number of times the A2SD feature didnot work at all. ( Both in r21 and r22 )followed all instructions as provided in the kitchen.. but what a waste of time. I became a membe just for this feature only and if that that does not work you actually feel being cheated. A2SD feature work perfect all cymon ROM.. I don't thing that any rocket science understanding is required to get this function work .. in this ROM is by fluke to get it working. After this rom is installed you are left only with 90mb of internal phone storage ... sorry for all wrong commitments made.

Guest ENDRI

Comparing with the mcr 2.0 the r22 is a bit slower but just a bit. The only thing that I've noticed is a pesky latency of the browser before it starts to load a page. Is it: a) normal or :) my problem. Any solutions/reason?

Guest indieladadam

my issues; mms threading is messed up doesn't order propperly, got a lot of force closes when first installed & text character limiting is back

Guest Sylar2010

Too much bugs for a mass release, do you want 5000 people posting complaints here :)

The actual version is a test one

The Beta 1 would come out next week...

Edited by Sylar2010

Guest fuzio1963
Too much bugs for a mass release, do you want 5000 people posting complaints here ;)

The actual version is a test one

The Beta 1 would come out next week...

........with all the bugz in it. yeah. :)

Guest dr3minem

@Paul:

Does the included kernel in this rom have any desire/sense-specific optimizations?

It seems to me that the included kernel beats even the new optimized 33.4 or .34 kernels out there, performance- and batterywise.

Maybe because kernels on the N1-xda forum are optimized for N1 software.

Completely guessing here though, maybe your kernel is just the best :)

Guest PeRKoniX
One last thing. My phone keps getting an error to force close gapps. Anyone else?

Did you try to reboot after the first boot after flashing? I had this also but after a reboot the force close messages were gone.

Guest Hasibul

Yea I tried rebooting. But it's not the only issue I'm having. Apps2SD still won't work. I paritioned using Amon_Ra's recovery with 512 swap, 1.5 gb ext3, and 15 GB FAT32. And lastly, all apps I install are unsuccessful

Guest nugzo
Yea I tried rebooting. But it's not the only issue I'm having. Apps2SD still won't work. I paritioned using Amon_Ra's recovery with 512 swap, 1.5 gb ext3, and 15 GB FAT32. And lastly, all apps I install are unsuccessful

I'm having same problem, your not alone. I've asked for help concerning A2SD multiple times but never get any replies. /shrug