MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AndroidAppCritic
You always gotta make stuff more difficult! LoL. JK

Thats how I would do it as well (probably cause that how you showed me to do it)! LoL

What the hell are you doing up so late?

Anyway, for all those who think Desire is getting 2.2, think again. If the Hero fiasco is any indication of things to come, you will have to make a choice between Desire and 2.2. Although Paul did mention on Twitter that good things are coming to Android this week. Hopefully he has some inside information and he knows something we don't (like Sense and 2.2) but perhaps he was simply referring to Googel I/O this week and the probable announcement of Froyo/2.2. That's my guess. Froyo might be too good to pass up which would really suck for people who just bought the Desire, Legend or Incredible. I can't imagine that 2.2 won't come to Sense right away but like I said, the Hero took forever to get updated. Who knows? It's anyone's guess. It sucks that if 2.2 doesn't come to the Desire, we will have to make a choice between 2.2 on Cyan or a fully working Desire. Tough choice. Very tough choice.

Guest stevenz

With the hardware between the Nexus One and the Desire being so similar, I'd imagine that a fairly robust port of FroYo from the Nexus to Desire wouldn't be far off from someone, I doubt we'll want to wait for HTC to sort it out themselves.

Hey Paul, any idea why I can receive MMS with this ROM and not with any of the other Nexus-based ones I've tried?

Guest dipeshb
If I go quiet it's because i'm deep in Desire kernel analysis. :)

P

Good to hear P. R22 is your best work yet, then added intersects new kernal with 21mb ram hack, and seriously dude this thing flies, and trust me this is not a placebo effect, AND battery is very acceptable!! I had to wipe stats and dalvic to get the wifi working though..

BT is the only thing now that makes this rom slightly unbeautiful, cant pause, and connectivity is unreliable - nothing new here I know..

Appreciate your efforts Paul.. THANKYOU!

Edited by dipeshb

Guest stevenz
Good to hear P. R22 is your best work yet, then added intersects new kernal with 21mb ram hack, and seriously dude this thing flies, and trust me this is not a placebo effect, AND battery is very acceptable!! I had to wipe stats and dalvic to get the wifi working though..

BT is the only thing now that makes this rom slightly unbeautiful, cant pause, and connectivity is unreliable - nothing new here I know..

Appreciate your efforts Paul.. THANKYOU!

Thanks for mentioning your wiping the stats & dalvik, I couldn't get WiFi working with Intersect, now it's running happily :)

It doesn't like the waving grass live wallpaper though, CPU sits damn near 100% the whole time, works ok with CM though.

Guest Ashiqur Rahman

I have just spent 9.99GBP to become an Ad-free member and my intention is to get some custom ingredients in the desire rom for N1 (r22). After clicking 'Bake' my browser tries to get it, after several minutes it landed to 'http://kitchen.romraid.com/bake.php' page and stops.. I dont get the rom

Pls. help...

Guest Eclair~
Hi Paul,

What's the plan now ;)

Reccon everyone here will ask the same question

I believe the plan right now is for Paul to look through the Desire kernel source, and use it to further the development of this ROM.

He said he was currently deep inside the source, so it is currently a waiting game until he works his developer magic, and hopefully soon releases a beta - with several problems, maybe even Bluetooth, fixed. Though, I am also looking foward to a pre baked Alpha 22 - wish I was here to nab it when I could :)

Edited by Eclair~

Guest yankyjz
I have just spent 9.99GBP to become an Ad-free member and my intention is to get some custom ingredients in the desire rom for N1 (r22). After clicking 'Bake' my browser tries to get it, after several minutes it landed to 'http://kitchen.romraid.com/bake.php' page and stops.. I dont get the rom

Pls. help...

Try to click the "bake" link again while its loading, that usually does it for me. Or you can copy the"bake" url & paste it in the browser. Good luck!

Guest Paul

I plan to fix a few bits in r22 then release it, hopefully it will be the last Alpha! :)

APN list should now be resolved in r22...

P

Guest meverha1

I posted this under the Cyanogen topic but haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd post it here for your thoughts.

I'm currently running r19 of the Desire port but it seems to be getting less and less stable with each passing day (for instance, as of yesterday I now have to manually retrieve gmail, "push" functionality is gone"). I thought that switching to Cyanogen might be my best option, especially since it's likely there will be a Cyanogen 2.2 release once 2.2 is officially released. So, do I need to do anything special to the SD card before flashing the Cyanogen ROM, other than doing the standard "wipe" in recovery mode? I thought I heard rumors that Sense UI used a different directory structure, etc..

Also, I'm currently storing my apps on the SD card. Will I have to do anything special with this when I flash Cyanogen or will the apps just appear?

Guest Batkoto
I plan to fix a few bits in r22 then release it, hopefully it will be the last Alpha! :)

APN list should now be resolved in r22...

P

Will that include the new kernel?

Cheers

Guest nexvision

Pls. help...

Make the zip your uploading 8mb or less.

Guest yankyjz
I posted this under the Cyanogen topic but haven't gotten a response so I thought I'd post it here for your thoughts.

I'm currently running r19 of the Desire port but it seems to be getting less and less stable with each passing day (for instance, as of yesterday I now have to manually retrieve gmail, "push" functionality is gone"). I thought that switching to Cyanogen might be my best option, especially since it's likely there will be a Cyanogen 2.2 release once 2.2 is officially released. So, do I need to do anything special to the SD card before flashing the Cyanogen ROM, other than doing the standard "wipe" in recovery mode? I thought I heard rumors that Sense UI used a different directory structure, etc..

Also, I'm currently storing my apps on the SD card. Will I have to do anything special with this when I flash Cyanogen or will the apps just appear?

You shouldn't have to change anything on you sdcard. And Im almost positive you will have to wipe everything including your ext partion (apps). If you use titanium backup you can restore all you appz with one click. Hope that helps!

Guest meverha1
You shouldn't have to change anything on you sdcard. And Im almost positive you will have to wipe everything including your ext partion (apps). If you use titanium backup you can restore all you appz with one click. Hope that helps!

I seem to not have a keyboard now. :)

Guest Ashiqur Rahman

Pls. help...

At last I have successfully baked/downloaded/installed the r22 rom. It seems a little bit faster than r21. But few issues:

1. Google MAP 4.0.2 is having forced close (but in r21 MAP 4.0.1 was working fine)

2. FM Radio crashes (saying turning radio...)

3. In About->s/w info->still it says ..modaco r21..

Finally, its already 22 alpha #, when will be the #1 beta?

Edited by Ashiqur Rahman

Guest Ashiqur Rahman
At last I have successfully baked/downloaded/installed the r22 rom. It seems a little bit faster than r21. But few issues:

1. Google MAP 4.2 is having forced close (but in r21 MAP 4.1 was working fine)

Guest lyrikal757

1. Google MAP 4.0.2 is having forced close (but in r21 MAP 4.0.1 was working fine)

1. Uninstall then re install maps

2. Known issue. Needed kernel source. We now have it give it a few paul is on it.

3. U sure u baked in the r22 kitchen? R21 kitchen is still up

Finally. Your new. READ the forum for what you have missed. Beta will come when it does. Wer had to wait for htc to release the kernel source which they just did and now paul is working on it.

Guest Sabiwa

Great work Paul and the title of this post is encouraging ... 'Final Alpha' lets hope you will find the BT solution fast in the kernel.

Thanks for all the effort you put in this for us all